What do you think of the FFXV collaborations / cross-overs?

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
FFXV has had more than a couple of collaborations with other franchises announced now.

We've had an Assassin's Creed festival (complete with semi-canon / dreamlike story line) and costumes. In return, Assassin's Creed: Origins included a FFXV mission and introduced a chocobo-camel as a monstrous mount (and a few FFXV themed weapons, etc)...

7tc2gjsh56501.jpg

Tekken 7 is getting Noctis as DLC... It is unclear if FFXV will get anything Tekken related, but I would be surprised if they didn't.

PC gamers can get costumes on FFXV for Half-Life and The Sims depending on how they acquire the game...

MYjbN90.png
ffxvsims4stuff_thumb.png

So my main question is, how far is too far?

Do you find these collaborations harmless? Are they just a little bit of fun? Or would they break the immersion in the game for you?

Do you not care about them in FFXV, but find these references a bit out of place and intrusive in the other franchises?

Discuss!

It doesn't bother me for two reasons.

1. There is an absolute ton of this type of crossover content in Japanese products. It's culturally normal there, so it's hard for me to say it's wrong.

2. I enjoy the vast majority of it, even when it gets cheesy and cringy. The important part to me is that -when it's something you could by some stretch of the imagination consider 'canon'- it's usually very simple like the costumes for the PC release. And when it is more comprehensive like the Assassin's Creed festival, it's clearly designed to be a separate, non-canon event.

Meanwhile, I always love seeing FF content elsewhere, lol.

Back