Verena

Gil
Garnet
Chocobo
Celes' Tent
Tifa Lockhart
Serah Farron
Moogle
wanted to make a poll. dunno, how its done here. can you forum responsibles put it in?
1. vaan + ashe
2. vaan + penelooo
3. vaan + fran
4. vaan + anyone else

i myself like vaan + peneloo most, while the option with princess ashe is also very tempting. with ashe van would become a king of dalmasca, while with penelooo mostly the happiest marriage i assume

Personally, i hate Penelo more than Vaan. I thought Fran and Vaan had an interesting dynamic while it lasted.

well, i love penelooo, but more i love Ash. i think to become the king of Dalmasca is a really good option for Vaan.
but i have to say Penelo is like Tifa who is childhood friend of Cloud and Penelo childhood friend of Vaan. Therefore i chose Vaan + Penelooo. Fran i would say fits to Balthier. Thery are indeed a good pair. and i love Aeris more than Tiffa.
Cloud can be with tifa while i gonna marry Aerith, lol. or Princess Ash.

Last edited:
unlike Tifa and Cloud, Penelo and Vaan look directly related to eachother. Its like the writers at the last minute made her not a sibling. To be honest, i dont think theres much of a love triangle going on in FF12.

yepp, i think you are indeed very right. the character stories were indeed to shallow and not deep enough outworked. which is a main weakpoint of ff12

that's not at all what i said. I only said FF12 isn't designed to have a love triangle. Ashe sees both Vaan and Penelo as kids. Vaan and Penelo both act sibling-like to eachother.

Vaan and Fran? looks like we're reaching

thats why i mentioned the chracter story weakness in ff12 and also ff13
its left to your own imagination whether you would see vaan and penelo like siblings or not. but they are definately no siblings, but childhood friends, like cloud and tifa. it indeed becomes a triangle if you insert princes ashe between the two.

thats why i mentioned the chracter story weakness in ff12 and also ff13
its left to your own imagination whether you would see vaan and penelo like siblings or not. but they are definately no siblings, but childhood friends, like cloud and tifa. it indeed becomes a triangle if you insert princes ashe between the two.
I don't think thats necessarily a story weakness. if you're looking for explicit romance, then you probably looking in the wrong place. Although they're childhood friends, Vaan isn't Cloud, and Penelo isn't Tifa. Not every person ends up with their childhood friend, so there's no reason to believe that is a flaw in FF12 story.

well in my opinion, cloud/tifa and vaan/penelo is similarily constructed. both are childhood friends and go together thrugh the whole adventure story. i find that 2 pairs rather similar. and i relate aeris to princess ashe. zack also died like ashes husband

well in my opinion, cloud/tifa and vaan/penelo is similarily constructed. both are childhood friends and go together thrugh the whole adventure story. i find that 2 pairs rather similar. and i relate aeris to princess ashe. zack also died like ashes husband
it seems to me you're just looking for romance in a non-romantic Final Fantasy game. I mean, you even threw in Fran in there for Vaan.

i assume you are right then. i maybe looking for some romances. it was indeed missed out in ff12, thats why, as montioned, many said about weak character plotting

I think Vaan and Penelo could work but there would need to be a lot of character growth beyond the feeling of siblings they would have for each other.

But honestly, I think there NOT being a romantic sub-plot is one of this game's biggest strengths.

VANN.JPG

I haven't played XII's RTS sequel Revenant Wings but there was barely any chemistry been him and Penelo, I never even considered Vaan romantic interest with the other FF cast..

I don’t think any such triangle (or any other shape or tangle) is hinted at in this game.
So for me if he was to be with anyone it would be with his best friend and his equal Penelo.

But even that didn’t come across as strictly romantic. There is room for reading it that way if the player felt that it should be so, but it doesn’t have to be.

I’m of the opinion that not every character in fiction needs a love interest. Sure, Vaan might find love one day, but it doesn’t need to be during an important mission to save the realm/world at the young age of seventeen.

Imagine if he ended up marrying Belinda the Bangaa or something though?

Just finished FFXII for the first time ever today. Lol at some of the replies above though. Fran & Vaan, can you imagine their kids? Not a Faan :lew: Okay I just wanted to make that joke, I'm sorry.

I like that there isn't much romantic feels in this game, and while I myself enjoy a bit of romantic moments sprinkled in certain plots, I think a game benefited it a bit? Definitely no love triangle going on here, not that I picked up anyway. I do think this game focuses on different kinds of relationships though, and that I appreciated, such as the co-dependency (for a lack of better words I guess) of Vaan & Penello as orphaned children, the intimacy of Balthier and Fraan's relationship as trusted partners, and even Basch who had a bit more of a forgiving and understanding relationships by the end of the game with others like Ashe & his brother, despite what happened to him prior to the game's main storyline timeframe.

Not really the topic focal point, but I thought I felt some sparks between Penelo & Larsa. They had a few little breadcrumbs that had me leading on to thinking that's where things were going, but again, kind of glad it didn't go that way. I think both Vaan & Panelo were intentionally starred as a young group of older kids that tagged along with the party & any love or love triangle just doesn't seem on brand for FFXII's main storyline.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Back