Advent Children Um.. Why is Cait Sith Scottish?

how can cait sith be scottish? ff7 is set on a different planet so there is no scotland there
...may we facepalm, please? That's like asking why the characters speak English when there's no England on Gaia, or any other language and it's respective country, for that matter.

I hate Cait Siths accent, it goes through me. It may have Scottish origins but they still didn't need to give him an accent, it was so poorly done >_<
I will declare this now and forever: I have never heard such a ridiculous voice in my life and I've heard countless pieces of dance music. As I recall, the voice-actor actually faked that accent, which is nothing short of a typical failed attempt of an American doing a Scottish accent. xD

I'll also take this oppurtunity to make perfectly clear that I, nor any of my acquaintances, have such a ridiculous voice.

hahahah Im sure you would make a glorious Cait Sith alternative. Wait...Gerard Butler should of done it o_o
Altho I don't fancy fantasising over a cat.....that's wrong, even by my standards
And yes, the VA failed miserably. They should have either got someone Scottish to do it or not at all

how can cait sith be scottish? ff7 is set on a different planet so there is no scotland there

Um, a lot of Final Fantasy game reference on, name after, or take concepts from real stuff. Bahamut, for example is form the Hindu's. Odin or Freya, the Celts. A christian-esque pilgrimage in X.

Reminds of Thumb Wars poking fun at Star Wars when the guy asks "I have a question... why do we all speak in British accents when we are from outer space in which there is no Britain?"

Basically... its kind of a dumb complaint considering the whole language thing, anyway, as has been previously said... but yeah...

Perhaps the best explaination can come from Doctor Who... when asked about why his accent sounds Northern, when he isn't even from Earth, he replies, "Well... lots of planets have a North."

I really wish they had gotten an actual Scottish guy to do Cait Sith's voice. I was playing DOC the other day, and when I got to the part where you play him, I cringed. His VA is just horrible. In my opinion, if you're going to do something, do it right. They really shouldn't have gotten somebody to fake a Scottish accent because it turned out really crappy.

Hahahah poor Greg Ellis. Did he fake his English accent in TR Legend too? :P

I really didn't mind it that much, Cait Sith was supposed to be kinda annoying. But I do agree Mike Myers would have really done well in that role.

I'm sure getting a real life burly red bearded Scotsman right out of a Glasglow pub to do the voice acting (there really wasn't a lot of lines for old Cait Sith anyway) wouldn't have bit into their profit margins too much.

That way you would have gotten some real authenticity :D

EDIT: Yeah he is controlled by a ShinRa employee known as Reeves. I'm still not sure how that all works, does he control the toy and there is a living cat on the top, is the cat also part of the toy? Very confusing but definitely remotely controlled from ShinRa headquarters anyway.

i thought it was quite weird that cait sith was scottish i was also expecting his voice to be more either more robot like or similar to reeve as reeve controlls him. or maybe a voice that represented a cat i dunno but i would never had put his voice with a scottish accent

If Cait Sith is Scottish, then Scottland would be in Midgar shouldn't it?

Cait Sith's voice probably fit his personality, though I personally have not played FF7.

Well if Midgar was Scotland, then everyone else there would have Scottish accents too. But isn't the voice of Cait Sith the voice of the Shinra guy that controls him? So the Shinra guy has a foreign accent, not a robotic one. :P

actually, Reeve does not have a Scottish accent, he sounds pretty much American.

Why Cait Sith had an accent at all still boggles my mind. I do know that giving him an accent was a bad idea. The funny thing is, I always thought he'd sound like that, minus the accent. So in a way, the voice lived up to my expectations.

Also, I believe the doll recorded data from the group and Cait Sith was there to make sure the data reached Reeve. Someone asked about how Reeve controlled him. That's my theory.

Back