Advent Children Um.. Why is Cait Sith Scottish?

Orannis

High Mage of Plot Devices
Gil
It was a little corny, to say the least. Though it was kinda funny when he kept telling Yuffie to shut up...

I think Cait Sith was made scottish because his name has scottish origins or something...

Personally, I felt he should have had a robot voice, since he is like, a robot...

Cait Sith isn't a robot, it's a cat with magical abilities. And a bitchin crown.

This'll sound really wierd, but I'm basically the cynical human form of Cait Sith. I wish I had that crown...

His name was Reeve.
Cait Sith is of Scottish origin, that's why he has that accent.
Here's a link

Link

shouldnt cait sith of had that guy who controls hims voice (cant remember his name but he was high up in shinra)
Well no, considering he was initially a spy and it would be kinda crappy for a spy to use his own voice when he is supposed to be keeping his real identity secret. :P

If you read what was on the other side of that link you'd know how Cait Sith is linked to Scotland. Never knew that tbh, nice little detail there.

They wnated him to be scottish due to some scottish folklore about a transformed witch.

The thing that more puzzles me is why Reeve even bothers to still use Cait Sith when Shinra isnt even around and the Cat has no fighting capabilty without the mog. Not only that but even with mog his combat ability is still limited. I personally think that Reeve would be better to just go out there with a sword.

he's scottish because everybody knows that Scotts rule.

Amen to that brotha! Also maybe SE wanted to include something different for once? Maybe that was the inspiration for his character design and his voice? I mean not even the naysayers of FF7 can disagree that Cait Sith is an individual and original design.

They wnated him to be scottish due to some scottish folklore about a transformed witch.

The thing that more puzzles me is why Reeve even bothers to still use Cait Sith when Shinra isnt even around and the Cat has no fighting capabilty without the mog. Not only that but even with mog his combat ability is still limited. I personally think that Reeve would be better to just go out there with a sword.

maybe because reeve isnt trained to use a sword? he would be better with a gun or something though

yeah i think aerith is right i went to scotland 2005 and we were wandering around and a guy left something is a store behind we i checked the tag to see whose it was and the name was cait sith
it was kinda creepy
so yeah i think it might be a scottish name

I think Cait Sith is one of the most humerous characters, and S-E wanted to make him unique. I also think it brings some variety to all the American accents that practicly dominate the film, Exept Nanaki, who didn't speak enough:mad:. I wonder what Bugenhagen would,ve sounded like?

I hate Cait Siths accent, it goes through me. It may have Scottish origins but they still didn't need to give him an accent, it was so poorly done >_<

I would have liked the choice of accent...if it had not been the worst suited sort. As in, scottish accent would have been fine, but the voice they chose was just wrong XP

It was too high pitched and annoying I think. Mike Myers should of done it, he did a decent enough job on Shrek......:wacky:

Back