Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
A sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was revealed at this year E3. Nintendo has caught us by surprised since we weren't expecting this to happened. Here is the trailer of the upcoming sequel.

Series Producer Eiji Aonuma has revealed some new insight into why Nintendo is making a Breath of the Wild sequel instead of something entirely new. In an interview with Kotaku, Aonuma said the development team had "too many ideas" for new DLC for the original Breath of the Wild, so the studio decided to make a sequel instead. Here is what Eiji Aonuma said in the interview:

"When we released the DLC for Breath of the Wild, we realized that this is a great way to add more elements to the same world. But when it comes down to technical things, DLC is pretty much data--you're adding data to a preexisting title," Aonuma added. "And so when we wanted to add bigger changes, DLC is not enough, and that’s why we thought maybe a sequel would be a good fit.

"Initially we were thinking of just DLC ideas, but then we had a lot of ideas and we said, 'This is too many ideas, let's just make one new game and start from scratch.'"

Click here for the full interview.

Aonuma also spoke to Game Informer about why the team decided to make a sequel to Breath of the Wild and he answered:

"One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story," Aonuma said.

In addition to Aonuma, Breath of the Wild game director Hidemaro Fujibayashi will serve as the director on the Breath of the Wild sequel.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-exists-because-nintendo-/1100-6467884/

I'm part of these classic players a bit disappointed by BOTW, beautiful game but I'm missing some great dungeons and zelda mecanics with items but I've to admit that trailer of BOTW 2 has hyped me and I want to see more of that game :)

I've read that it will be darker than Majora's Mask :evil:

Back