The Guy that sells GP at Golden Saucer

CrisisGenesis

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
In ff7 theres this one dude that appears randomly at the entrance of the golden saucer behind the hut next to the tram; he sells 1 gp for 10 gil..Im at disc one with on my psp and i spent 2 whole days running in and out of the Golden Saucer waiting for the guy to pop up and he never did. SO i searched online and found out he appears after you get the Highwind so i was like WTF! because i could've been so much farther in the game. The Reason i was trying to buy gp from him is so i could get omnislash and w-summon materia from the battle arena. I have a pretty good materia set-up for cloud to easily win. I'm also too lazy to go to the wonder square and play the mini games for gp because they take too long.

So this is a notice for people not to make the same mistake i did :[

I don't think it pays to change Gil to obtain GP at all, i find it to be easier to obtain GP by playing the extra games which are somewhat fun to play.

Yeah, the battle arena nets the most BP than most of the games in my opinion. I just did that a few times after disk 2 and got it relatively quick.

Yeah he does appear every so often. It's the best way to buy GP if you have a lot of gil. I usually go back to the Gold Saucer near the end of the game to race my chocobos and such and by then I have a lotta gil.

^ I've got to agree, after I had a Chocobo up to really good speed, you can rake in some serious GP, and you can get some useful items along the way too, so it's all good.

I found going in and out of the entrance over and over to get that GP selling guy to appear rather repetitive and boring, and it wasn't worth it, I like the racing better anyways as a method of GP gain, besides what time it may save (depends on what item you win from the races).

Like your avatar btw, linegenrou. :P

I like to title posts!

I've bought a lot of GP off that guy and racing chocobos and I still haven't reached MAX what 1000? or 10,000? But if you don't have a good chocobo then the reappearing man is top choice. two or three trips meeting him is enough GP to win Omnislash and W-Summon.

Also to note, in chocobo races you don't know what your prize is going to be rather its worth 20GP of 150GP. The guy will probally show up before you could finish a race. Its just much much more boring.

Chocobo racing is definatly the best way for gp and you pick up great items also

Chocobo racing is definatly the best way for gp and you pick up great items also

Not mentioning that you can't get the item and GP in one go. You'll either choice the item or Gp. Nothing more. Me I'd just wait until I get my Gold Chocobo and win six in a row on S rank. Then with items like the magic counter or what ever I'll accept that and say GP has to wait, since some items arn't gave to you as the price for winning six in a row.

Chocobos are the only way to go to rack in a lot of GP.
It also has items that you can't get anywhere else like Cat's Bell, Enemy Lure and more.

I only really tended to buy GP off the guy later on the game when I had lots of gil to spare, other than that I find the motorbike racing game pretty fun to play, although not the best source of GP its definatley a ton of fun xD

Also dont forget to complete the mog's house game, the guy watching will cough up some GP as well.

In ff7 theres this one dude that appears randomly at the entrance of the golden saucer behind the hut next to the tram; he sells 1 gp for 10 gil..Im at disc one with on my psp and i spent 2 whole days running in and out of the Golden Saucer waiting for the guy to pop up and he never did. SO i searched online and found out he appears after you get the Highwind so i was like WTF! because i could've been so much farther in the game. The Reason i was trying to buy gp from him is so i could get omnislash and w-summon materia from the battle arena. I have a pretty good materia set-up for cloud to easily win. I'm also too lazy to go to the wonder square and play the mini games for gp because they take too long.

So this is a notice for people not to make the same mistake i did :[

Aw hahaha, I had a moment of running in and out because I wanted to see if I was strong enough to do it on disk one and was getting my wig off because the cunt wasn't appearing. Kinda annoyed though, because I've loads of gil and was like woo, I'l well be ablek to do this sooner, and I'm FAR too lazy to do it in Wonder square... though, I suppose I could of gambled on some chocobos. Bollocks, I didn't think of that, I could do with getting some of the prizes and shit anyway.... aw time Im done at the great glacier...wait no, that's VIII innit.. well wherever I am, I'l have the fucking Highwind anyway.

PIFFLE :rage:

So glad I stumbled on this thread :rage:

personally i never really wanted to waste the gil early in the game i was content with mastering a few ALL materia and selling them for a crap tone of cash after getting like 500 gp though i never needed to go back to him because it was enough to get omnislash,w summon and a few of the special items after winning 8 straight battles

Back