Sword of Truth

i can honestly say no i have not read any of these books. what are they about and who writes them?

It is a fantasy series, influenced by Ayn Rand, the founder of the philosophy of Objectivism, and written by Terry Goodkind. It follows the adventures of Richard Cypher as he goes from being a simple woods guide to the leader of a mighty empire in the fight against the brutal hordes of the Imperial Order.

The books are Wizard's First Rule, Stone of Tears, Blood of the Fold, Temple of the Winds, Soul of the Fire, Faith of the Fallen (the best, in my opinion), The Pillars of Creation, Naked Empire, Chainfire, the recently-released Phantom (which I have yet to read) and an as-yet unnamed concluding book, as well as the prequel, Debt of Bones.

Last edited:
ok then nevermind i have read the first book which i tought was pretty entertaining. not my fav series but still nice. wait can i sya series even since i only read the first book. i might when i get time read some of the other books but i have way to bg of a list rght now of books i still need to read. i have lots of books, but dont spend as much time as necessary to complete them all. my fav scene of the first one was either the ending, richard w/ the torture type lady or the cave scene w/ the painter. i'm not quite sure, btu it was definately a good book. and no i dont really have a fav character.

I know what you mean about the sheer capacity of things to read.

I am unsure of my favourite, myself. But I find Shota most fascinating. I hope she will continue to appear as the series draws to a close.

Back