Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Sovereign
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . s h a p e s
B Y S T R A Y A R R O W S. T U M B L R / C A L I

A B O U T

THE NAME'S JOSS. I've been graphic designing for over five years.

WHAT I USE: GIMP / PHOTOSHOP

GRAPHIC CLAN: N/A.

H I S T O R Y

WELL, I TRIED MY HAND AT IT A FEW YEARS AGO. I was growing tired of relying on other people for graphics. If you're always waiting for a sig and icon from someone else, you'll find yourself going without a sig for quite some time. I started out as one of the worse graphic artists you could ever come across. Probably because I was too worried about how OTHER PEOPLE created graphics. I was always trying to do it their way, using lots of brushes, fancy affects, all that kind of stuff. And at the time, it was just too much pressure to live up to. So, I stopped.

One day I just decided to try my own thing(without lots of brushes and stuff) and I ended up making some decent stuff, that gained me a fan and friend of my stuff. This person really kept me going with all my graphics, she gave me advise and liked MY STYLE for what it was. SIMPLE but effective.

Sometimes it's that kind of positive attitude and friendship that can really make doing something you love even better.
If I had never met that person on another forum I probably wouldn't even be making graphics in the first place so much thanks goes to her.

Eventually, I was asked to be a clan leader here at FFF and it was amazing fun and such an honor. I had some bad days and good days, I had fun and won a lot. It was that time that I really grew as an artist.

However, after dealing with some personal family issues, I lost all interest in making GFX and eventually my real life issues got the best of me and I started to slack off on my priorities in the clan, eventually I had to leave. Well, over a year later, I'm back to try and be more active... this time, as a member. I'm hoping that this will bring me more fun rather then stress.

What caused me to rejoin was that I submitted a gfx piece I made to my favorite band of all time (a wish of my dad's) and the lead singer not only saw and retweeted it, but he said it was good.

Thus my inspiration returned.

E X P E R I E N C E

TWO YEARS AND STILL INTERMEDIATE. I've been told I'm good by people and I would be lying if I said I've never been proud of some of my work. Just like all artist, I have some things that I've created that I adore, but I also have some that make me want to explode from embarrassment.

S T R E N G T H S

I think I have good eye for COLOR. People always tell me that my lighting is always the prettiest thing in my graphics(which I try on... like, ALOT!) So lighting is my positive. I am also fond of my text style and technique.

W E A K N E S S E S

PLACEMENT. I can't ever seem to get it right, whether it's with words or light flares... it's just not me. I just stink at it. However, I think I'm getting better with it, I really do. I am also very indecisive with my work. I always make three or four variants with only slight differences and as a result I can't ever choose which work I go with.

D I R E C T O R Y

TUMBLR
DEVIANT ART

Last edited:
Sovereign
. . . . . . . . . s i g n a t u r e s
B Y S T R A Y A R R O W S. T U M B L R / C A L I

sotw46_v2_topaz_zps5fded755.png

tumblr_mx238snmyh1qin3heo6_r1_1280.png

tumblr_mxey3d9yiC1qin3heo2_r1_500.png

aerith_g_by_californiababewv-d6v0bl6.png

prima_donna__vs2_by_californiababewv-d6v7arf.png