Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Signature of the Week
Final Fantasy Forums

You can suggest or discuss themes here.
If you have any questions they can also be asked in this thread.

What is Signature of the Week?

SOTW is a graphics competition that takes place once a week. It's a free for all competition meaning anyone, even if you're a beginning artist, can enter. Guidelines and voting threads are created by the Spira Moderator.

What is Avatar of the Week (AOTW)?

AOTW is an icon/avatar competition. This competition has been discontinued on FFF. However, if you would like to have an icon theme throw in your theme suggestions in this thread.

How do I enter?

You submit your entry to the Spira Moderator via Private Message. Make sure your entry follows both weekly guidelines (click here) and the standard SOTW guidelines found in this thread.

SOTW Rules | Standard forum rules apply: click here.

You cannot vote for your own entry or ask others to vote for you. Doing so will result in disqualification.
2. You cannot submit the same signature twice.
3. Entrants are allowed one personal entry and multiple collaboration entries per week.
4. SOTW entries must be within the forum size limit; 600x400 pixels at all times, unless stated otherwise.
5. Friday is the official due date for submissions.
6. Voting goes up on Saturday. No specific time given.

If the voting is already up but you would still like to submit please contact the Spira Moderator. Exceptions can be made for late entrants.

SOTW Guidelines & Information

In the SOTW you can find our Monthly Guidelines. A thread that contains four themes, the first theme of the month always being a Freestyle theme. Each theme has its own due date, so make sure to read the guidelines carefully. Sending in your entries in advance is encouraged, but please send them separately and title them with the appropriate SOTW number. Ex. "SOTW #120"

"Current" - This theme is due on the first upcoming Friday.
"Coming up" - These are the upcoming themes for the month.
"Completed" - You can no longer submit entries for these themes.

SOTW & Social Media

SOTW's winning entries are uploaded to the Final Fantasy Forums' DeviantArt and Imgur account. This is an automatic procedure but if you wish for your entries to no longer be uploaded please send a Private Message to the Spira Moderator. Entries that have been uploaded so far will not be removed. Note that all entries that we upload to DeviantArt will have the DeviantArt watermark on them by default.

Rewards & Prizes

Winner: 25 Gil | 2 Community Tokens | vBSlider | DeviantArt.
Entran ts: 15 Gi l | 1 Community Token.
Voters: 5 Gil (automated)

Winning 10 times: 2 Community Tokens | 30 Gil | vBSlider | DeviantArt | SOTW system reward.

Note that:
All the Gil rewards listed above contain Gil as an entrant reward (except for voters). This is not an additional prize. Check the weekly guidelines for any additional possible prizes.

Concerns regarding SOTW can be taken to Six via Private Message.

Last edited:
SOTW 187 has been extended to Sunday, Sept 11 11:59PM (GMT+2)

We have a standard win for SOTW 188. Congratulations Dyranda

We will now be moving on to SOTW 189! Check out the guidelines here.

SOTW 190 skipped due to no entries. Make sure to check out next week's guidelines. =]

I'll update all the prizes tomorrow!

I went to start making this week's early (because omg I forgot again last time) but there are no guidelines for 191! I think D:

Moving on to SOTW 192. Due date is October 14th!

SOTW will be back on November 4th. :D

Back