Help So how does the junction system work?

ViKtoricus

Ex-Soldier
Gil
I remember things like being able to put elements on your stats so that you can absorb certain elements. But that's all I really know...

I managed to reach Sorceress Adel while using Guardian Force summons most of the time.

lol.

Thanks in advance.

you can draw certain magic spells from enemies. The amount of magic drawn depends on your magic stat. If you equip a GF to a character, you can improve the character's stats by junctioning magic. For example, you equip ifrit on squall. Ifrit has Str-J ability. Meaning, you can junction any magic in the str stat of squall to increase his str. Also, the higher the quantity magic you have, the better the effectiveness.

Different magic has different effectiveness. For example, 'water' increases str stat by a lot. 'life' increases HP by a lot. But certain magic won't increase certain stat much.

Some GFs allow you to junction on element resistance, i.e. elem-def-J. For example, by junctioning fire on elemental junction attributes tab, the character will be more resistant to fire, depending on the quantity of fire spells you have.

there are also junctions that allow you to have immunity to status effects, infusing weapons with status effects and infusing weapons with elemental attributes.

I am sorry because I haven't played the game for a long time and have forgotten the terms, so it may be confusing. if you don't understand, just google for guides. good luck

The junction system is a way to assign drawn magic to your attributes. Your GF's assign what attributes you can assign. Just select a magic for an attribute and it will increase or decrease. The stronger the magic and the more you have of it, the more your attributes will increase. Keep in mind that some magic are made to be in a certain attribute; for example: Haste would go on the Speed attribute.

When you assign magic to equipment, your elemental attack and defense will change. Assigning firaga to your weapon will give you a fire element attack. Assigning firaga to your armour will give you fire element defense, 100% making you absorb fire.

Remember to equip these depending on the enemies status.

Assigning firaga to your armour will give you fire element defense, 100% making you absorb fire.

there's no armor in ffVIII :P only weapons.

Oh and I forgot to say this. When I was little, I did not know a thing about junctioning as well. I used gameshark and then spammed GFs too >_>

I've gone ahead and moved this to the FFVIII Help Booth. Just remember that each of the games' sections have their own Help Booth. :)

Back