RPG Christmas Tournament: Brackets and Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow i don't think this tourneys gonna go very well. No 2 opponents are ever on at the same time, especially for the team battles, this is why you schedule times ect, so that if someone doesn't come on at a particular time or whatever, then they get DQ'd.

I've been waiting 3 days for my matches already but nothings happened, the tourney is only meant to be going for 5-7 days....

So after a few observations i have concluded this much, mages will kick warrior and rogue's butts, and warriors will kick rogue's butts and rogue's will just die. since rogue's have 10 less attack from the def of both warriors and mages this happened

fail1.png

As you can see every time i attacked( the snapshot just doing 2 or 4 of them) i dealt 0 damage to him. While for him i evaded 75% of his attacks, when he did hit me he did almost 25 damage, so you can imagine 2 hits and im dead since i only have 50 hp. So warriors win against rogue's always.

In the next battle it was a warrior against a mage. Since the warriors have 25 str and the mage's have 25 def( which is absurd because mages are known for having low def) the attacks did ten or so tops. In may occasions the attacks missed since warriors have only 5 more dex then the mages eva. As shown below is how the fight turned out. which shows that mages will utterly defeat warriors.
fail2.png

that shows just 3 turns apiece, as you can see the warrior missed 66.66% of his attacks while only dealing 6 damage due to his str and the def of the mage being equal. And the mage does 80 damage in the matter of 3 turns. In the end the outcome was finalized and the mage won, who would of known?

Finally it is rogue against mage where i will be the test subject. As you can see below i have attacked 4 times, and thus dealing (who would of guessed with the 10 str difference) zero damage. And even missing an attack damn lol. as we see that his two attacks deal 41 damage to me, which brings my hp down to 7. The battle was won by the mage which again proves that mage vs rogue, mages win.

fail3.png

As i have proven above, mages are severely overpowered, followed by the warriors, and then lastly by the rogue's who in reverse are underpowered. I am not doing this to show up any of the admins or mods, but only as a reference to show that the stats are flawed, and that it is an unfair fight. I don't have mage vs mage or warrior vs warrior or rogue vs rogue up yet but when i find people for it I will make something up for it then. If you feel it was good don't forget to rep it :) Lastly i did not do this as an insult to the time and hard work that was put into it, but just as a show that it needs some work. sorry.

<EDIT> Since i had last updated this post i have seen 2 warriors fight and have been a participant where 2 rogue's fight, here is my evaluation.

When two rogue's fight here is what happens. Since they both have the same speed whomever is the party leader (whomever send the battle invitation to the other person) will go first in the fight, which gives an unfair advantage, but is easy enough to fix. As shown below is my fight with rinoa, they do not count toward the tourney just as an observational piece.

Here u can see through 2 different battles taken at two different times that she has the first attack both times. Let it know that she was the leader of the party both times
rogue1.png

rogue4.png

You can also see in the first picture that we are doing about the same amount of damage to each other, and that we are missing around the same amount of attacks to each other. The following two pictures are just to show you what i mean, in the first battle i won, and the second battle rinoa won.
rogue2.png

rogue3.png

It is in my opinion that the only way that rogue's have a chance to win is if they fight another rogue. So i call these stats between the two of them a draw. Which means its all up the fates and to the luck of the attack to see who wins.

Next up are two warriors that are fighting. I was just an observer, I'm not sure if it was a official fight or not but they will tell you guys. Here we also see that they have the same speed due to the same classes, so whoever was the party leader of course got to go first, but im sure you guys already knew that.

Here below we have the starting few hits which to me seem OK. I mean the average hit ratio i saw was like this. 2/3 attacks would do 0-1 damage since the str and def are equal, and there would be that one lucky attack that would do 5-10 damage. Since they both have 100 hp yo can tell how long it will take.
warrior1.png

warrior2.png

As you can see there doing fairly well against each other. Since neither side has any spells its really going to come down to who can get the most lucky hits.
As more time passes their hp slowly whittles down
warrior3.png

warrior4.png

(fast forward) about 20 min later there still going
And finally after maybe a half hour to 45 min the battle was ended. In my opinion, the stats for the two of them are even. It may take a while to battle but with this battle is is just pure luck. So when warrior vs warrior, luck will win.

And finally we have mage vs mage

Also i am not sure if this is a set match or not, but i was just viewing for this post. So we have 2 mages with equal stats again, as above the person who made the match goes first, which again can be fixed.

As seen below we have the 2 mages, with equal stats and seem seemingly equal so far.
magevsmage1.png

But here we see how much luck truly rides in these types of games. Same equipment, same stats, same spells, same everything, and as seen below one spell does 1 damage and one does 11

mage3.png

Finally we see how overpowered the snow flurry spell really is, even though they have higher m def then rogues and warriors, the attacks still do around the same damage to mages. ( see above photos of mage vs rogue and mage vs warrior).
mage2.png

But in the end, in my opinion, mage vs mage is fail. It has a lot to do with luck, and who has the chance to attack first, and etc, but if you're fighting another mage, you're on level terms.

Again as stated above i am in no way showing the rpg team or etc up, but this is just a guide to hopefully help everyone in their choices, and maybe influence the rpg team to listen to us and use these shots for help in stat choices.

If this way any help at all please rep me up :) i spent a few hours doing all of the research. A promotion would be good also :)

Last edited:
I hope I don't sound like a jerk when I say this, but you won't get the promotion. Reason why: you stated it. If you read the rules, it clearly says "Don't ask for a promotion", and I think like 99.9%, if not all of the staff, will think that as "asking".

Kudos for doing the research, though. (y)

Haha, i wasn't asking for it, i was just putting it there to be funny. Seeing as i kept it there ever after you posted it, i really don't care lol. Oh and i fixed the above pictures sorry, i moved them around into folders.

Oh. You have to remember that it is hard to tell if someone is being a smartass or not when you are reading what they say through a screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back