Rene Skylar versus Faith Crest

Ezio Auditore

Requiescat in pace, you bastard!
Veteran
Gil
"So I wonder who my opponent is?" Rene asked as he brandished his blade in the air admiringly. He had received the note from his master telling him where to go to battle in what may be the fiercest of his life. Rene spun the blade in the air and calmly placed the blade on his back. He then checked his gun and put bullets in the magazine. He placed the gun back in it holster and took off the red bandanna wrapped around his head. He clenched his fist and felt the leather gloves scrunch together. He was physically nervoud, his master would normally be with him in a big battle but even he was scared if he told Rene to go alone.

"That either means he's a real strong brute of a guy and will crush everything or is just so damned good it's scary..." Rene told himself. He flipped open his cell phone to check the time and sighed.

"Ahhh... Come on out whoever the heck you are. I'm getting bored jus' waitin!" Rene groaned as he leant back on and laid back on the ground. Rene brushed his light brown hair out of his eyes and closed his light blue eyes.

The countryside around him was where he had been told to go, they were on the very outskirts of Manchester, it was more of a large park than the countryside but Rene didn't care.

He was just here to battle.

On the midst of the rocky mountains, there was someone arising. Faith Crest opened her now crimson eyes and slid down the rocks, several miles away from where she'd meet her next opponent. Despite the fact that they possibly didn't exist anymore, Faith was a bounty hunter or a mercenary. Well, whichever one that people chose to call her. At her mere age of twenty-two years old, she had done things that not many humans together could do alone. She was in fact someone of great descent, the very first step in evolution of Zildaan. Faith was the only human in history to ever be half human and half Zidaanian, a feat she had only accomplished so far. A feat that probably wouldn't repeat itself again for a thousand years.

As she came to the end of her slide on the rocks, Faith took off into the air, taking extra care to fly amongst the clouds, which were unusually dark on this summer day. What was the world coming to? Then again, there was the issue of global warming to consider. Forgetting and brushing that aside for now, the black-haired young adult came to a halt in the air when she could see the countryside just ahead now, where her opponent was there in wait for her arrival. And so he'll see my grand entrance, all right, thought Faith, as she closed her eyes and came falling from the sky. A dark and sneaky smile crept upon her face, as she continued to fly lower and lower to the ground. Finally, she came to the ground and landed without any injury.

Faith opened her eyes to lay them upon her opponent. He was young like herself, perhaps somewhat cute maybe? But now wasn't the time to think about guys, right? A random song got into Faith's head just because of the situation. So brushing that aside as well, she stretched her entire body, which was quite well looked after and flexible. "Quit your whining already," she said to Rene. "This show's about to get on the road now that I'm here." She noticed his vacant expression. "Well, well, well. Rene Skylar! Never thought that I'd bump into you again. The last time I saw you, you were begging me to not feed you to the dogs." The whole situation made her laugh. "I guess you're my next opponent. Bring it on, I know you want to."

"Zzzzzz..." Rene slept as Faith made her entrance. "Takin... soo... long... zzzzz" He had fallen asleep about 10 minutes ago and was dreaming about how friggin long it was taking for this person to come and battle him.

"Quit your whining already," Rene woke up to the sound of speaking, he yawned loudly at the newcomer and opened one tired eye."This show's about to get on the road now that I'm here." Geez, this girls got a big mouth... Where have I seen her before? Rene thought to himself as he stretched his arms and winked at the newcomer cheekily. Then it hit him and he burst out laughing.

"Well if it ain't ol' Faithy Crest!" Rene said giving her a non-caring vacant look. He stood up and recalled a fond memory of when they were still friends and got drunk... a lot...

"Well, well, well. Rene Skylar! Never thought that I'd bump into you again. The last time I saw you, you were begging me to not feed you to the dogs." Faith laughed which made Rene smile to himself. He had still not forgotten that laugh.

"Hey! Those dogs were big!" Rene shouted pointing his finger at her "And in case you've forgotten if wern't because of me you woulda been thrown off the empire state 2 years ago and we wouldn't be havin' this conversation!"

"I guess you're my next opponent. Bring it on, I know you want to." Faith said to him, he smirked at her and drew his blade, he pointed it at Faith and smiled.

"Well there are other things we could do that might bring up memories but if ya wanna battle..." He threw himself backwards and put himself into his battle stance "Let's battle!"

"Who gave you the right to still call me Faithy?" said Faith, pointing a finger in Rene's direction. "Don't forget that it was me that managed to tame those dogs. So what if they were big? So what if you managed to save me from the Empire State Building? I could've easily saved myself, but I just wanted to see if you'd actually take the plunge and save my goddamn life." A small grin crept upon her face. "And I was right. You DID save my life, but only because I was testing you at the time." She couldn't help, but laugh when Rene pointed his blade at her. Closing her eyes and then reopening them, they turned from their usual ocean color to the colour of crimson. The more experienced she was with her powers, the more her eyes burned.

And so you asked for it, thought Faith, as she extended her right hand into the air and it burned on fire only to show a small glint of light glow upon it. When that light was extinguished, a crimson blade appeared in her hand. She brought it down to her level and effortlessly spun it around with her right fingers in her hand. "You thought I'd come here unarmed, did you? No, a lot of things have changed since I last saw you two years ago, Rene. I've finally discovered who I am and my own heritage. Besides, I always told you of how I always wanted to find my real parents." She stood in a fighting stance, ready to attack. "I found them, all right. On another planet ... but first, it's ladies first." She lunged at him and clashed with his blade, winking.

"So these are the legendary crimson eyes I've heard so much about." Rene said as her blade forcefully clashed against his. Damn... How much energy is she giving off... It's like a huge weight is on my back and refuses to get off... Rene thought as he looked at Faith, Guess I'll have to show her my own energy. He pushed her away and leaned his sword against his shoulder. He began to smile at her and winked his eye cheekily "I am happy for you that you found you're parents... What were they like hm? Everything you expected?" Rene smiled at her. "You seem to think that you're the only one whose changed Faith. I've been training everyday since we last departed" As he said this his entire body began to glow bluey white. He raised his blade high into the air and shouted "I WON'T HESITATE TO TAKE YOU DOWN!" As he shouted this the energy suddenly exploded sending the energy high into the air.

As the explosion subsided, Rene was stood far away from Faith. His blade's tip was resting on the ground and he had a cool calm confident look in his eyes. "It is up to you whether or not past friendships will matter in this battle, old friend." Rene told Faith, as he said this however his entire body vanished, within less than a second he was behind Faith with his blade to her neck. "Using the mass of raw energy within me and the environment around me I can put it all into my speed." Rene smiled as he backed away from Faith. "I will not hold back if you don't." He put himself into a defensive battle stance and looked at Faith happily.

"Now, let us begin the battle for real... Old friend."

Back