Remake Wishlist

Darkblade

Veteran
Gil
If Square ever remake Final Fantasy VII (which I think is a case of when not if, barring Square going bust), what would you like to see changed (if anything)? What's your wishlist of features?

Here's mine:
  • Yuffie and Vincent changed to compulsory characters. Mainly to make sense with respect to the rest of the "compilation".
  • No changes to the Japanese script, apart from additions where needed. But a retranslation could perhaps be good. Including normalisation of magic names, eg Shell, not MBarrier.
  • New materia. This is a list in itself:
    Master Support and Master Independent would be nice.
    Wind materia, to give Aero, Aerora, and Aeroga.
    Not sure what to call it, but something to give Float and Blink/Vanish, as seen in many other FFs. And maybe Peerless as well, though for fairness the spell ought to cost about 1000MP.
    Stat Plus for all stats.
  • Any new summons Square feel like putting in.
  • How about changing the Round Island materia cave for a new dungeon. Harder than Northen Cave (but not by too much).
  • An extra huge materia quest, especially if the Master Support and Independent materia are included.
  • Level 3 and 4 limit breaks for Cait Sith. Cards for one of them perhaps? No changes to anyone else's limit breaks.
  • Another Weapon, tougher than Emerald and Ruby. Probably not likely to be cheese though.
  • The ability to refight any of the Weapons, say in the Battle Arena, would be nice too.
  • A new materia slot system. I've entitled it geometric materia, basically the idea is that slots can be linked in a variety of configurations, not just pairs. For example a line of 3, O=O=O, would allow one magic to link to 2 support, or 2 magic to link to the same support.
That's all for now. I will be updating my list if there is anything new on my mind. :rolleyes:

I would want them to explain the story between Cloud and Zack, despite having Crisis Core, Last Order and Before Crisis.

the materia system is good the way it...the way yours is it can be abused very easily makin the game easier...and we dont want easier games *cough*kingdom*cough*hearts2*cough*. i wouldnt say they'll add new materia but it would be good. Nah, Yuffie and Vincent shouldnt be compulsuray characters, they suck. Yuffie is decent but Vincent isnt good, his limits arent good IMO. Cloud,Tifa and Cid for me

Hm, I could care less about the Weapons. However, I'd like to see more of Nanaki. He could have been far deeper, but I suppose all of the characters could. Perhaps more elaboration on the Cosmo Canyon area and its people. Other than that, I was satisfied with the game as it was.

Here's mine:
  • Don't make a remake
That's all I can think of right now, I'll add more later.

Here's mine:
  • Don't make a remake
That's all I can think of right now, I'll add more later.
While I understand your sentiment, I believe the question was "what should be in the remake?", not "should there be a remake?".

In response to Sekhu's next post:
I'm sure you did. But that was like me saying that there should be no homework as an answer for a math problem. It may be your opinion, but it doesn't answer the question, and isn't considered correct. Oh well.

Last edited:
Thanks for reiterating the question for me, but I got it the first time.

FFX MAY need a prequel, but nothing after it - FFX-2 wasn't as strong as it's predecessor.

FFVIII doesn't need a remake, prequel anything, really, some FF's don't need anymore exposure.

FFVII maybe, but it's had a bit too much attention.

personally, i'd rather square remake ff7 and not release sequels/prequels like DoC, before crisis etc.

if ff7 were to be remade, i'd hope the general gameplay be similar to the original (battle system etc.) yea, i agree with making yuffie and vincent compulsory, esp now DoC has been released, vincent has become a core character of ff7. And of course, like any other remakes, better graphics! lol

But pls pls no change of soundtrack for the game.. Though better qualities of the original soundtrack is definitely welcomed ;)

I don't want anything changed. Sakaguchi isn't apart of the team anymore, so alot of things would be messed up and change the whole atmosphere.

It should remain how it is now: a classic masterpeice.

But if I could change anything at all, change Cait Sith's line to the original japanese script when Cloud was being possessed and beating Aerith in the temple of the Ancients.

Cait Sith English: Oh, bad timing. Nice to meet you guys! I'm the new Cait Sith! (something like that)
Cait Sith Japanese: OH-MY-GOD!!

Yep. And that's not even an important part XD.

If there is going to be a remake,then they should have the original characters,plus Shalua as a playable character. Everything else in FF 7 is just fine.

I wish they would add extra dungeons like a complete dungeon wih a new weapon waiting at the end of it, weapon forging and a battle arena like FFX.

I forgot to add better graphics-the graphics should be like the graphics in DoC instead of the characters looking like large dolls.

Back