Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinvowell

Ex-Soldier
Gil
FFXIV
Tristan
Sorry I haven't been around lately. A lot of things going on. About 3 years ago, my cat, Poncho, developed a rather odd looking lump on his leg just above his paw. It was growing faster then I was comfortable with so I had my local vet remove it. A couple years later it grew back, this time under the skin and a lot bigger. Because of it's size my local vet couldn't do the surgery because they thought it might require a skin graph and they didn't do stuff like that so I had to take him to a surgeon that was more specialized. They barely had enough skin to close but they managed it. That was last November. Now it has already grew back longer, wider and as thick as it was last year. I have to take him to an orthopedic surgeon this time. I'm hoping to save the leg but I don't know if that will be possible. The orthopedic surgeon specializes in limp saving surgeries. The first visit includes a CT scan (up to now no one has suggested even x-rays) and an exam that will be $1,000 and Uber ride one way is $80. I don't know yet how much the surgery will be but the last one was $1,100 so I expect this one to be at least double or more but I won't know an exact quote until the first visit.

He's still a young cat and in good health otherwise. I'm medically retired on a pension. Funds are hard to come by no matter what the emergency.

I am not the kind of person that asks for help easily and if it were my own medical problems , well, he's my baby. Born in the shed of the house I used to live in and been with me since he was a kitten along with his sister, Dolly. The two of them have never been apart for more then a few hours. He still follows me around where ever I go. I know some people think it's not sensible to spend any kind of large amount of money on medical treatment for an animal but to me my fur babies are family.

I have opened an account with Go Fund Me and with Facebook Fundraiser hoping to get some help. I've included the links below. If anyone can pass it along. Maybe I can get help in time to save the leg or at least save his life. I want to leave amputating it as a very last resort. The amounts I have listed on both accounts are worst case amounts. If things get done and it can be for less then I will end the fundraisers at that amount. What amount that is received and not used I will pass it on to another trying to raise the funds to help their fur baby.

Poncho 1_Copy.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE: Poncho had his surgery today. It was cancer and they had to remove his leg but he's doing good, resting. I expect he'll be a handful tomorrow when he wakes up. Now what's left is for him to heal and learn to walk on 3 legs. Thank you to everyone who helped with donations, or passing the links around or prayers and good thoughts. I am grateful for all of it.

Attachments

• Poncho after surgery.jpg
    Poncho after surgery.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 135
Glad to hear he's doing well!

I once had a cat whose paw got ran over and we had to get it amputated. They adapt quite quickly to three legs. Won't even notice!

Great to hear your furbaby is now recovering! Fingers crossed it's a speedy one. :D

[Locked as requested]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back