Staff member
Global Moderator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Coloured Thread
Chocobo Egg
Shiva Snowflake
Let's say you're playing FFVII Virtual Reality - in some weird twist of fate you have a chance to obtain 3 individual Materia to bring back with you in the real world. Real-world laws still apply, so you still can't go burning things down with Fira (hopefully) but maybe you could find some practical use in your life for Fire or any others to make your life easy - Which do you bring back? You can worry about connecting them in your sword & armor replicas later.

Reactions: Six
Full Cure, Restore, and Revive.

I could solve every medical crisis, free up some space at the hospital, and reunite loved ones with their families.

Most of all, I could treat mild papercuts.

Enemy Skill (comes with a lot of everything!)
Deathblow (for obvious reasons, some people deserve it)
Time (Gotta stop some people)

🤔

Full Cure - Also for paper cuts :ROFLMAO:
Sense - I need the upper hand
Underwater Materia - For all those times I don't go to the beach.

🤔 But I kinda wanted Morph too.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Phoenix summon materia. That is, if it is possible to use him as a flying mount as well as use him to revive me when I inevitably fall off.
But having a life-restoring mythical bird on my side would be great. Plus I'd probably use the situation as an excuse to wax lyrical about the mythology behind the Phoenix, etc etc.

I would definitely also appreciate some time-related materia. I don't care about slowing individuals down (unless it could be applied to the entire world at once), so I guess I'd have to settle with Haste. If the world cannot slow down, at least if I can speed up then I'd in theory get more done and catch up with others.

My third one would probably have to be fire materia or lightning materia to help with the cost of living crisis and serving as fuel/energising electronic equipment. Water materia would also be useful to the planet (plop a bit of that in a large bucket in Africa and solve a lot of problems). So one of the elemental materias would be useful in different ways.

Esuna would be a good one i think, keep my pets (and family lol) healthy

Fully loaded enemy skill gotta love a blue mage with abit of everything mighty guard would have come in handy when i came off my bike lol

Time/haste - not sure which would be better.. maybe time so i can stop time and do more stuff and get my cosplays done and sleep as much as i want lol haste would get me through work though 🤣

Exit - So I can fizzle my social confrontations away by removing my oppositions from the conflict.

Destruct - DeBarrier, DeSpell and potentially Death all seem like they'd be useful:
Stuck in 5:00 p.m. traffic? DeBarrier. Now you're unstuck, traffic is clear, and you can drive home.
DeSpell - 👀 So I might've dated a few witches in my past...🥲😂
Death - Nobody will be breaking into my home to rob me if I cast Death on them for breaking in.

Time - There never seems to be enough time. But there might be a little bit more time if I can speed myself up and slow everyone else down simultaneously.

Back