Fan Fiction Lost Lore of Ivalice -Final Fantasy XII- : Penance & Servitude

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
A little something to celebrate the official announcement of the Final Fantasy XII HD remaster! ^_^

Setting
  • 54 years pre-Final Fantasy XII.
  • Commerce throughout Ivalice is booming.
  • Technological advancement peaking.
Primary Focal Points
  • The Archadian Empire
    • Much of the story takes place in an economically thriving Archades.
    • Science, technology, politics, and economics will play the largest roles.
  • Conspiracy involving the Archadian Judge Magisters.
  • Gramis Solodor's upbringing.
  • Cidolfus Bunansa's upbringing.
Format
  • Third person perspective.
  • 14 chapters in total. Chapters will be split into further parts.
Chapter 1-1 will come this week!

Apologies! >_< I will post more for this part at a later time this week. (A "chapter 1-1.5", I suppose. :lew:)

I wanted to give you all a taste of this character, though. She will definitely be fleshed out over the course of the story, and also quite pivotal to it.

Primary Characters
  • Dr. Reina Bunansa: Director of the Archadian Sciences Division, and mother to Cidolfus Bunansa.

Chapter 1-1

"Doctor Bunansa, the Council has decided to reject your request for additional funding," the head of the Archadian Sciences Council informs. "Seeing as your research has no doubt proven fruitful already, we request that you allocate any remaining funds gingerly over the coming months. Results shall be expected." The head councilman stands, as does the rest of the Council. "We shall visit this then. Thank you, Doctor."

Reina gently pushes away from the large circular table, stands and bows slightly, replying, "Your time is appreciated, councilmen." She turns away from the Science Council and makes her way out of the chambers, entering a short corridor which leads out to the Gardens. There, she meets with a senior research assistant. "Olus, it appears we will need to make use with what we have. Our requested funding was rejected."

The assistant Olus takes a slight bow, responding, "My apologies, Doctor." The two begin to walk in the direction of the palace gates. "Shall we proceed with injections of the subjects upon returning to the lab?"

Reina shakes her head, observing a notepad as they walk. "As much as I would like to begin the live trials, I am still unsatisfied with our current data," she responded, closing the notepad. "The Council and the Emperor expect much from our endeavors. We must be sure nothing is missed, Olus."

Back in one of the Draklor labs, after returning, Reina is inspecting various vials of what is presumed to be Mist. "Goodness, I do pray this will all be worth it to the Empire," she mutters to herself. "This could cost everyone more than just piles of gil."

Back