Looking for Official Squall's Ring (a.k.a. "Griever")

Nash Ketchum

Gil
Hello all, I've been a long time fan of ff8 but didn't realize that people still talked about it online! So glad I stumbled across this place.

Now to cut to the chase - since as long as I could remember I've always wanted the Griever ring released by Square way back in the day, but my parents wouldn't get it for me as a kid and I've been kicking myself ever since for not finding the dough and buying it when it was still in production. Consider this an adult's attempt to recover a lost piece of their childhood, so to speak.

Does anyone here have the official Griever ring from FF8 that Square released that they wouldn't mind parting with? The official sterling silver one - please no fakes, I know it comes with a certificate of authenticity, as well as an official engraving on the inside. I will pay fairly.

If you are interested in selling please send me a message with the details, and if possible info of the year it was produced and a picture of the certificate of authenticity/inner engraving. Thanks all, I appreciate it!

PS: apologies if this was posted in the wrong section, but I thought this one to be most appropriate.

Keep an eye on sites such as Ebay, as sometimes there will be a real one sold from somebody out of Japan for example. Even if somebody here does have the ring, I doubt they'd be willing to part with it regardless of how much you offered.

I appreciate your input. Yeah I'm definitely keeping an eye on ebay for it. That being said though, they sold a whole lot of these. It was a mass produced piece of fan jewelry, not the hope diamond. There's bound to be people who have it sitting collecting dust in some basement that would rather have a few hundred bucks instead. They can make that decision for themselves.

As far as I've seen, I have never seen the ring, I have seen fan made ones that looked alright on Ebay and other sites, but never the one that Square made. I have however seen the official necklace released by Square Enix. I think even now if you go to their official site you will be able to get it, otherwise I know Amazon always seems to have them in stock.

I do wish you the best of luck, like I said though most of them are fan made ones as far as the ring is concerned so be careful and read the descriptions if you are going try to get it off Ebay or some other site, they have to say if it is fan made or official, if they don't I would message them and ask, and even then try to get a photo with proof if there isn't one provided.

Yeah Shace I was worried about that from the start, but I didn't realize how many fakes/fan made versions they have on the internet. I guess its a bit rarer than I had originally thought. That's alright, I'm in no hurry :D I'll just keep an eye peeled - eventually one will crop up and I'll snag it. Right size or not matters little, they are easily resized.

Back