greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey there folks, we're starting a new series today!

Zelda: A Link To The Past is one of the most loved Zelda games (certainly of the 2D Zelda games) out there! Nintendo did a bang up job in making an adventure game that seems so grand and open, while being really accessible to speedrunners too; that seems like a bloody hard thing to do lmao.

This is the SNES version from the Wii U store, played with the Wii U Classic Pro controller. If you enjoy what you see, then it's only a couple of quid to buy. You can find it on the New 3DS store, along with the original Wii estore. Hell, it's on the GBA too if you want something a tiny bit different :lew:.

I'd just like to point out that this game was obviously not made by me in any way, shape or form. I'm just playing, commentating and editing :).

Here's the opening to kick things off:

Along with the Youtube playlist if you fancy checking it out over there:

Thanks for watching! I've been looking forward to this series for a couple of weeks now and I think the recording is going well. As of the time I'm typing this out, I've recorded the first 6 episodes so I think we'll be able to stick to daily episodes this time around without too many problems. Fingers crossed! I hope to see you around for this 2-3 week long LP! :)

Episode 1 - One Rainy Night

https://youtu.be/r2LDaHygKyc

Hey there folks, we're kicking off the series properly now! You see, one rainy night Link hears of some trouble over at the castle and he just can't wait to find out what's happening there 0_0.

As well as the castle and sanctuary dungeon, we check out Kakariko Village and net ourselves a few inventory items: lamp, bombs, boomerang, net, sword and shield! Excuse my use of the words lantern and torch for the lamp. I can't help myself :/.

Thanks for watching folks! We'll check out the 1st proper dungeon next time and see more of the overworld :).

Episode 2 - Sahasrahla In The East

https://youtu.be/CxpS02Q7BYg

Welcome back to Hyrule! This time around, we take the advice of the old man at the sanctuary (a priest?) and head over to the far east of the world map. Sahasrahla will be helping us throughout the game, even if we never meet him again after this episode lol. He's ever so psychic, you see 0_0.

There's loads more going on, from finding the ice rod and a few heart pieces, to taking on our first proper dungeon: Eastern Palace! This place is very basic and should be pretty simple so long as you keep track of where you're going :). The boss isn't too bad either. Shoot the Armos Knights with your newly found bow and you're sorted. I'm sure the sword works too but my memory is foggy on that aspect :s.

Thanks for watching! See you next time for another dungeon! I'm aiming for a dungeon per episode but I'm sure there'll be the odd time where that won't be possible. We'll see how it all turns out :lew:.

Episode 3 - There's Sand On My Boots!

https://youtu.be/BBV7GyVhFbc

'ello there, chucks and chucklets! We're heading on over to the southwest this time around to check out the desert of mystery! The 2nd dungeon is here too: Desert Palace! Again, this place isn't too complicated but it can make you stumble before even entering...

Speaking of items needed to enter, here's what we collect this time around: book of Mudora, power glove, zora's flippers and our 3rd magic (empty) bottle! Oh! Of course we get the pendant of power too; our 2nd pendant of virtue! :lew:

Finally, meet the Lanmoras! These little guys like to dig deep into the sand and poke back up to give you a nice, big hug :). I found out after this vid that they're weak to the ice rod. I never actually knew that 0_0.

Thanks for watching! Next time we'll be cleaning all that sand off our boots (with a great big laugh) and moving on over to Death Mountain :s. See you in a bit! ;)

P.S. Did you see Paul's remains in the desert? Bonus points for getting the reference! :monocle:

Episode 4 - Flopsy The Bunny

https://youtu.be/8AavonkhIFY

Ok guys, meet Flopsy! This little fella is hella cute :s. Shame he only exists in the dark world though :(. I wish Link were around to meet him; he loves his bunnies so damn much :/.

Anyways, more on that little guy later (well, maybe not lmao). For this episode, Link is climbing up a sweet mountain that's all full of rainbows, lollipops and...deadly falling rocks ha! It's Death Mountain! We actually nab a magic mirror along the way which is gonna come in so handy :).

Link also decides to take a wander around the 3rd and final pendant of virtue dungeon: Tower of Hera! This place isn't too bad but you need to remember to grab the moon pearl before you leave. It can be a real pain to backtrack for it ;). As for the guardian of the pendant of wisdom, Moldorm is...tricky. He'd be easy to fight if it weren't for his body made of flubber. That's all I'm sayin' :/.

Thanks for watching! See you next time when we wrap up the main plot bits in the light world! :)

Episode 5 - Agahnim's Plot Thickens

https://youtu.be/qbnOqGj_9rU

Hey peoples, are you ready to make use of those three pendants of virtue we spent so long collecting? Well, not that long but...y'know lol.

First up, we're heading through the Lost Woods; a maze that isn't that much of a maze ha. There's a mushroom here you really don't want to miss. It can be made into something pretty incredible but...we have to wait :'(. Not to mention the master sword, of course :s.

Finally, we head back to Hyrule Castle, since y'know...Zelda's having a few issues lmao. This is a really linear dungeon and you can't get lost. Just keep climbing, just keep climbing~.

The boss of Hyrule Castle is, you guessed it, Agahnim! If you've played a few Zelda games then you know the strategy for beating him. Swing your sword to hit the balls back at him. It's as easy as that really ;).

Thanks for watching! We have a whole new world to explore now so we'll be checking all the darkness out next time. See you in a bit 0_0.

Episode 6 - A Whole New World

https://youtu.be/Wz8tokLqN-o

Hey there folks, we've made it to the dark world! This alternate reality version of Hyrule is much tougher to deal with. We'd better be careful 0_0.

This time around, we head into the Palace of Darkness to save the 1st maiden and give us more access to the rest of Hyrule. The dungeon itself is the toughest yet but still not overly complicated. The boss is the toughest thing about it. The Helmasaur King needs to be battered with our newly found magic hammer until his mask is gone and then just slash away with your sword ;).

Thanks for watching! See you next time for another dungeon! :)

Episode 7 - Link's Day At The Water Park

https://youtu.be/Hm3At9VLtrs

Hey there folks, we're heading on over to the swamp to take care of the 2nd dark world dungeon: Swamp Palace! This is possibly my favourite dungeon in the game which is surprising since I'm not normally a huge fan of water dungeons in games in general. There are quite a few exceptions though, I suppose, since they normally have really nice (if sometimes depressing) music :).

The boss of this place is Arrghus! He's not so bad. You just need to use your newly found hookshot to clear away the midgets surrounding him and then just slash away :D.

We also take care of a few other things too. Here are the inventory items we gather: shovel, flute, quake medallion, bombos medallion and (as said before) the ever-so-useful hookshot! :)

Thanks for watching folks! See you in a bit for the 3rd dungeon! A dungeon a day, peoples, a dungeon a day ;).

Episode 8 - Long-Lost Skulls

https://youtu.be/LNjjFHN2hiw

Hi peoples, it's time for us to enter the Skull Woods to save maiden 3! This place is a hell of a maze, with parts out in the woods and other parts within the usual type of indoors, dungeon environment. It's possibly my least favourite dungeon in the game but I actually find out something new that'll make it much more bearable this time around :).

As for the boss, Mothula is one of the more memorable ones, to me. While the floor is moving and the spikes are flying, you need to aim at it with the fire rod! It's actually good fun and more like a minigame. I ever so love that boss ;).

Oh! We also do a couple of other things. The main ones are halving our magic consumption (something you don't want to do without) and grabbing one of the tougher heart pieces via a random treasure chest minigame. It's all pretty grand :).

Thanks for watching! See you next time for the 4th maiden, who is hidden away somewhere in the dark Kakariko Village! :)

Episode 9 - The Blind Maiden

https://youtu.be/QqSK8Y9FtUw

Hey there folks! This time around, we're going for the 4th maiden, who is hidden away under the Village of Outcasts (Kakariko Village's dark world name, apparently ;) ). Thieves' Town isn't much of a tough dungeon but the two layers in the main room can be confusing imo. The inventory item is something so useful; the titan's mitt! It lets us lift everything that can be lifted in the game :D.

As for the boss, Blind is an old thief who now resides in these parts :s. He's pretty tough if you don't take a fairy or two, but the strategy isn't hard to figure out. Just attack the head attached to the white sheet ;).

We do plenty of other stuff this episode too, including the stuff needed to nab the following items: level 3 sword, our 4th (last) magic bottle, cane of byrna and the ether medallion! We also take on the digging minigame for a heart piece (always a pleasure) and we go for a different heart piece too.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for the 5th maiden! :)

Episode 10 - Cold As Ice

https://youtu.be/gkr_2lZrkYM

Hey peoples! It's a wee bit nippy where we're heading next, so make sure you find a blue mail! It might actually be within the Ice Palace, but that's alright. It'll make it all the more of a relief when you find it, right? :D

Speaking of the Ice Palace, it's not the easiest of dungeons! In fact, it's one of two in this game that I would consider a challenge. The slippery floor is the worst thing, but there's also the backtracky bit near the end that really gets me :/. Speaking of the blue mail too, you don't need to get it to beat the game but it's pretty bloody good! You'll take less damage after all ;).

I should probably talk about that boss too. Kholdstare is a bit of a bugger when it comes to magic. That's why I think taking a green potion or two in with you is almost a must. Just use your fire rod on him (during both phases) and you're set. I found out afterwards that you can use the Bombos medallion and kill his first form in one go. Who knew? :/

Thanks for watching folks! Misery Mire is coming up next...and that's such a jolly place to be :D.

P.S.
We also check out the pond of happiness. That's not such a nice place to be. Or is it? Maybe ;).

Episode 11 - Happy Valley

https://youtu.be/IDcVZ8PoSnA

Hey folks, I'll keep this one brief since I'm not well (I recorded this one ahead of time). Today we're heading into the happiest place on Earth (...Hyrule?): Misery Mire! This swamp actually does make me happy though since there are 2 heart pieces here :eek:.

As for the dungeon itself, it's not so bad. Kind of reminds me of a slightly more confusing Thieves' Town, with the multiple layers in the central room. Not my favourite dungeon but I will always remember that boss...

The boss is called Vitreous due to some sort of gunk on the eye or something along those lines. As you may have guessed...it's a giant eyeball. Slash away at the midget eyes first (or use ye olde bow), while charging to the opposite side of the room when you see the big eyeball going for his zap attack. Once the midgets are gone, just attack the main eyeball and you're sorted. He deals decent damage but he ain't so bad in terms of strategy.

After all this, I thought we may as well nab the best sword in the game too via the crack in the wall on the pyramid. Oh and the silver arrows. Can't forget those since you need them to beat the final boss ;).

Thanks for watching folks! I guess this didn't end up so short after all huh :/. I do like to get carried away.

P.S. I went to this skip called Happy Valley one time. It made me lol when I thought of the vid title lmao :D.

Episode 12 - Mountain Climbing Made Easy!

https://youtu.be/cFXdXJ-q_qo

Hey folks, just a quick one today. It's actually the only episode in the series that doesn't include a dungeon :gasp2:. Anyways, we're making our way up Death Mountain in the dark world now and all the way to the last maiden dungeon: Turtle Rock :). There's a tough little heart piece to find along the way too ha.

Thanks for watching! See you next time for Turtle Rock itself! :)

Episode 13 - Turtle Guts

https://youtu.be/8FImwo5w5mw

Hey folks, we're heading into the final maiden dungeon now at the top of Death Mountain: Turtle Rock! If you've ever wondered what the inside of a turtle is realistically like, then here's you chance to find out :).

It's not actually all that bad. The dungeons in other 2D Zelda games are much harder than the ones in this game imo. It can get a bit tricky when it comes to the platform controlling and finding your way around a certain dark room though :s.

As for the boss, you actually don't use your newly acquired mirror shield for a change! Trinnex actually needs you to use the opposing element on each of the two heads (either the ice rod or fire rod to hit the opposing colour head). For phase 2, give 'im a smack with ye olde sword. Sorted! ;)

Thanks for watching! See you next time for the grand finale! :lew:

Episode 14 - ~Thanks For Watching!~

https://youtu.be/nrLXKfzbeFU

Hey peoples, here's the end! This episode includes the final dungeon (Ganon's Tower) along with the final bosses, credits and plot. It also shows the conclusion of Link's uncle, which was unexpected to me, when I was but a wee midget.

There's also a mini-review during the credits. Nothing huge but it has my overall thoughts on the game.

Thank you so much for watching and following along :). Give me a few days to make a start on the next series. It's a series that will take a wee bit of preparation on my part. Thanks again! :monocle:

I always complete the Thief's level (4) before the Skull Woods (3) and the Swamp level (6) before the Ice level (5) that level is a whole lot easier with level 6 treasure

I always complete the Thief's level (4) before the Skull Woods (3) and the Swamp level (6) before the Ice level (5) that level is a whole lot easier with level 6 treasure

See, I always just go in the numbered order. I'm just boring like that, I guess lmao :lew:.

Back