Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Suikoden

Hey there folks! Today we're kicking off Suikoden; the JRPG with possibly my favourite battle system to date! It's so speedy and addictive :s.

If you haven't heard of Suikoden before, it's a classic JRPG (random encounters, turn-based battles, towns with shops etc) where you have to collect the 108 "stars of destiny"; in other words, 108 characters to join your ranks. More on that as we get into the game lol.

This is going to be a daily series as much as I can keep up with. There might be the odd day off but I'll let you know on Twitter if that's happening. Here's my Twitter account if you need a reminder:

Of course, I didn't make this game. Blatently. Unless I made it in my sleep. You never know. But really it was Konami. This won't be a blind series since I've beaten the game a fair few times and collected all the stars each time but...it was a long time ago lol.

Here's the opening:

With the Youtube playlist being here:

And there we have it! I can't wait to get going now :lew:.

Episode 1 - Father And Son

Hey there peoples, it's starting! The game is starting! With our hero following in his father's footsteps, it's time for us to join the empire! With a game that is full of optional stuff, we kick things off almost instantly with optional stuff!

Thanks for watching! See you soon! :)

Episode 2 - Pathway To The Stars

Hey peoples, today we're heading off on our first mission! We need to traverse the Magician's Island for our first (official) dungeon. The Golem boss is easy enough since we don't have too many options yet.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Episode 3 - Ted Exposes His Soul

Hey there folks, what we have today is a wee bit of tax collection! You see, over at Mt Seifu, there's a nice little bandit camp and a nice little boss involving Varkas and Sydonia. Of course, there's a boss against the Queen Ant too but I'm sure that'll be inconsequential. For sure.

Episode 4 - What Lies Beneath The Grandfather Clock?

Hey peoples, it's time for us to meet a new group of swell people! I won't spoil too much but what are we going to do with the

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit :).

Episode 5 - A Nice Cuppa Tea

Hey there folks, so we've got plenty more plot here but more importantly, the pub is open up on Mt Tigerwolf!

Episode 6 - Just Pop Her In The River

Hey there peoples, it's time for a good sibling episode! Odessa and Mathiu are both some of the strongest characters in the game, in terms of personality and plot so...here they both are! :)

Episode 7 - Welcome To Silent Hill!

Get it? There's fog? Bah! My humour is wasted.

Anyway! Time for us to try and nab ourselves some headquarters! But can we do it? That is the question!

Episode 8 - King Of The Castle

Hey there peoples, get ready for one of the toughest bosses in the game: the Zombie Dragon! But with this little guy defeated, we now have the safety of some headquarters by the name of...well, that's a surprise! ;)

Episode 9 - The Ultimate Phantom Thieves!

Hey there folks, today we're popping into a mansion to see if we can steal the Kirinji! The question is...are we good enough thieves?

Episode 10 - The Trouble With Elves

Hey peoples, today we aim to grow our castle a bit by doing a bit of recruiting! We also progress the plot by making our way all the way to the Village of the Elves, which is having its own issues...

Episode 11 - Heigh-Ho! It's Off To Work We Go!

Hey there folks! So last time we were told to go and see the dwarves and that's just what we're gonna do! We'll have to head on up the Dwarf Trail to get there though.

Episode 12 - The Consequences Of Dealing With Dwarves

Hey there peoples, today we have a biggy of an episode! First up, we spend a bit of time proving to the dwarf chief that humans are capable of stealing from them...by stealing from his vault. The Gigantes boss is a bit of a bugger here but I love the bosses in this game. They're pretty rare and far between so it's nice to fight one when they pop up!

We also check out another dungeon in the form of a castle with another boss actually (I take it back!): a dragon! There's also a new type of battle here that's very interesting but very tough if you don't go into it with a guide.

Thanks for watching! See you in a wee bit!

P.S. I'll try not to have too many episodes in this series be this long. I should probably have split things before the castle really.

Episode 13 - When Flowers Fight Back!

Hey there folks! Today we actually cram a tonne into this one episode! Mostly though, in terms of progression, we have our first major battle! These are unique and there are only a few in the game. The more people you've recruited, the easier it is to win these fights! Also, sadistically, if you do too badly, you start to permanently lose characters from the game. Sort of like with Fire Emblem. So if someone dies, you don't get that perfect ending.

In terms of our next objective though, we need to be able to kill off flowers! Or something.

Episode 14 - Feeding A Growing Castle

Hey there folks! Today we're doing a tonne of recruiting! Some are trickier than others but we'll nab 'em all the same! :)

In terms of actual plot, we make our way through that whirlpool/those rapids with our improved ship but it doesn't quite go as well as planned.

Thanks for watching! See you in a wee bit! :)

P.S. That nameless urn. That bloody nameless urn.

Episode 15 - Gremio And The Spores Of Agony

Hey there folks! Today we need to head on over to Soniere Prison to jailbreak Liukan...but at what cost?

Episode 16 - Stop And Smell The Roses

Hey there folks, we're finally taking on Milich and his flower castle...or Scarleticia Castle as it's really known. There's plenty more but I'll leave it up to you to see :).

Episode 17 - Beyond The Rapids

Hey there folks! Now that we can get past the rapids, we have a whole new area to explore! Most specifically the Secret Factory dungeon in order to obtain the fire spears!

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit :).

Episode 18 - Neclord: Lord Of The Vampires!

Hey peoples, so we have ourselves a new villain for the next arc of the game: Neclord! He is probably my favourite character in the game since I love a good bit of horror and he feels a bit less generic than the other villains in this game?

Episode 19 - The Temple Of Qlon

Hey peoples, I know we're used to an episode being chock full of tonnes of towns and recruitment lately but today we have a pretty huge dungeon, which is a rarity in this game :). That's what makes Qlon stand out to me actually.

Back