greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey there folks, here comes a brand new let's play! Grandia 2 is pretty standard as classic JRPGs go but the battle system is where it's at! Plus the music...and artwork...and character designs...and cheesy voice acting. Well...it's a pretty great game all around lmao.

First released for the Dreamcast, we also saw it on PS2, Steam and now Switch; the Switch being the version we'll be playing through here :).

Of course, I didn't make this game (don't be ridiculous! :p). The people involved were: Game Arts, Ubisoft, Square Enix and Gungho Online.

Here's the Youtube Playlist:

And here's the opening:

Thanks for watching! I can't wait to kick this one off! :)

Ok, so I left Youtube to automatically upload a few episodes (scheduling) and forgot to put the videos here. So here are a couple!

------------------------------------

Episode 1 - A Geohound Unloved

We're starting! We're starting! Grab the popcorn, turn the lights off and get comfy! This is one hell of a classic JRPG that I can't wait to both show off and play through again for myself!

Today we meet our main character (Ryudo the Geohound)and see that he isn't exactly as lovable as say...Justin from Grandia 1 ;). I love characters who are right shits!

Thanks for watching! See you soon! :)

Episode 2 - Protect The Songstress!

Hey there folks, we're back with more Grandia 2! I love how this episode starts with a singing cutscene (the best kind of cutscene) in Carbo Village! With that, we're given our new objective and need to head on through the Black Forest, which is nice and basic to kick the game off :).

Finally, we make our way through the
Garmia Tower, which isn't hard but is full of bugs...

Episode 3 - The Curse Of Elena

Hey peoples, here comes another new character! Millenia is a bit of a minx with an impish personality! I love it :D.

Other than meeting her, we wrap up the
Garmia Tower with a bit of a mini-boss and a curse that will set the immediate plot in motion ;).

That said, let's head on through the
Inor Mountains; not the most exciting area in the world but it reminds me of that first enemy-filled area of Grandia 1 so there's all sorts of nostalgia!

Here we go, time to update the thread. I'll have to try and keep this up a bit more. Loads incoming!

--------------------------------------

Episode 4 - A Cave For Roan

Hey peoples, welcome to Agear Town! As you can see, there's plenty to do when you visit the resort town! You can...talk to people. You can drink water. You can...be creative!

We also check out the Durham Cave which is a place I really love! So much nostalgia in cave dungeons for me :). Not to mention it's a place that let's us get to know yet another new party member: Roan the brat! But he's a lovable brat :).

Thanks for watching! See you in a wee bit! :)

Episode 5 - Feeling Baked

Hey there peoples, it's time for us to take on the boss of the Durham Cave: the Durham Minotaur; yeah, not the most creative of names lol. He's tricky though, with his little minion Troglodytes hanging around.

We also leave Agear Town behind and start up the Baked Plains! Somewhere with a bit more colour :).

Episode 6 - Master Of The Beasts

Hey there peoples, here's the rest of the Baked Plains! It ends with a pretty stunning cinematic and a pretty inventive method of transport :). Not that we take it yet since we're a bit stuck in Liligue City.

Episode 7 - Food For Thought

Hey there folks, it's time to see what sort of problem Liligue City has! It's...not exactly pleasan

Episode 8 - Greed With Extra Tongue

Hey there folks, Liligue City is still on the agenda but we spend most of our time down in the caves below. The Tongue of Valmar is actually such a creepy concept. I love it :D. That cutscene towards the end reminds me so much of FF9, by the way. Alexandria style.

Thanks for watching! See you next time when we check out Lumir Forest!

Episode 9 - Aira's Secret Garden

Hey peoples, time for Lumir Forest! Lots of snow, ready to get us into the festive spirit! It's like 2 dungeons in 1 too, since you need to check out the roots...

We also meet Aira, who is one of my favourite characters in the game. More on her later :). I'm sure we'll find out more about her in Mirumu Village ;).

Thanks for watching! See you real soon! :)

And done! Bloody hell :lew:.

Episode 10 - Alundra The Dreamwalker!

Hey there folks, today we see what is causing a few nightmares in Mirumu Village! Where's Alundra when you need him? Only appearing in one game! Shocking!

Thanks for watching! In a wee bit! :)

Episode 11 - What Beautiful Eyes You Have!

Hey there peoples! So it seems we're coming to the big conclusion at Mirumu Village, but not before we take on the Eyeball Bat

Bloody hell, here we go. Time for an update post. Sorry, life's been a bit of a rush due to work and covid. Trying to catch up with things. Here're a tonne of episodes since last time:

-----------------------------------------------

Episode 12 - Tomato Soup With A Hint Of Eyeball

Hey there folks, it seems that we have a bit of a dungeon before we're ready for the big boss! Well...it's certainly unique!

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Episode 13 - Here's Looking At You, Kid!

Hey there folks, it's time for the toughest boss in the game so far! Aira may seem innocent but there's something a wee bit wrong with her...

Thanks for having a gander! See you real soon! :)

Episode 14 - Upon The Sacred Mountains

Hey peoples, we're back and ready to take on the world! The St Heim Mountains are actually pretty huge and varied so...let's do it all in one episode!

Danke for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Episode 15 - Let's Meet Elena's Boss!

Hey there folks, today we check out the town that we took so long to reach! Hopefully Elena can find a way to remove her curse here?

Episode 16 - Upon The Blessed Dinnerplate

Hey peoples, today we have one of my favourite scenes in the game! Of course it revolves around Millenia; everything always revolves around Millenia lol. Except our next objective. *cough*.

The next area is decent enough mind! By that I mean Pilgrim Road. Though Raul Hills are good too. We really get a lot done today lol.

Thanks for watching! Have an amazing and safe Christmas! See you soon! :)

I think it might be a bit odd to add every episode in a post by this point. Remember that my youtube playlist is still in the opening post :).

I'll add the latest episode here for now. I should be keeping the thread up to date from now on :).

---------------------------------------------

Episode 29 - To The Moon

What good JRPG doesn't take you to the moon? Or at least into outer space? None, that's what!

...thanks for watching :').

Episode 30 - Without Majora's Mask

Hey there folks, let's check out the moon! It's one small step for Ryudo! One small step for mankind!

Episode 31 - Lunar Cry

Hey peoples, today we finish off the moon with a boss known as the Egg Guardian! It's not great when this surprise bit of plot happens either. It's the end of an era, some might say 0_0.

We also make it back to the planet of Grandia 2 (I can't remember if it's supposed to be Earth) and see that the lunar cry has caused a few issues.

Episode 32 - Birthplace Of The Gods

Hey there peoples, today we make a start on the most confusing dungeon in the game: The Birthplace Of The Gods! I'd consider this the real final dungeon though this is a wee bit more to come afterwards :). Oh! We also gain our 4th party member after Mareg had a...slight issue lol.

Thanks for watching! See you in a wee bit! :)

Episode 33 - Exiting The Birthplace

Hey there folks, here's a whopper of an episode! It's time for us to have some really impressive cinematics for the time and they're introducing: Valmar's Body! The final dungeon is approaching! :)

Episode 34 - A Valmar Reborn

Hey there folks! Are you ready to head on into the final dungeon? New Valmar is a weird one that reminds me a little bit of Lord Jabu Jabu only...a wee bit more alien ;).

Episode 35 - Rotten To The Core

Hey peoples, time for a boss! Valmar's Core is a heck of a boss (probably the hardest in the game). There's a bit of a surprise after too!

Episode 36 ~Thanks For Watching!~

Hey peoples, we've reached the end! A corker of an ending is coming but I'll leave that for you to see ;). Great song in the credits...just as cheesy as you would expect from older JRPGs lmao.

Thanks for sticking around! We'll wrap Project Zero 2 up and then get cracking with a new series.

Back