greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey folks, it's time to play through the Golden Sun sequel: The Lost Age! Just like the 1st game, this is a classic JRPG, but unlike the 1st game this is much more open. There's a loose order with how things need to be done but for a lot of the game you can check out most of the world at once :).

We'll be transferring over the gold data from the first game's clear data. This can have a pretty big impact on djinn collection and level grinding later on. It's a pretty great bit of game design since it adds depth but is completely optional for those taking on the game without the password/game link :).

Just like the 1st game, this was made by Nintendo and Camelot Software Planning and in no way made by me.

In terms of uploads, I'll be trying my hardest to upload daily. However, with Christmas coming up and the odd day where I'm just out of energy, the odd day is bound to be skipped. I'll give you a heads up via my Twitter:
Here's the opening to kick it all off a little bit:

A link to the playlist on Youtube too, if you fancy it:

Thanks so much for watching! I hope to see you around for the main series! :)

P.S. I left the music run on the name select screen for anyone who wants to check out that track.

Episode 1 - Felix Wakes Up

https://youtu.be/5wEuqF5fBdc

Hey there peoples, we're back with the start of a new series! I say new series, we're using the long (long, long) password from the clear data of the first game to make the whole 2 game adventure a bit more streamlined; it makes everything feel a bit more connected, y'know?

Anyways, in this episode we have the entirety of the prologue! We're introduced to our new party: Jenna, Felix and Sheba! We still need a water adept but more on that later :D. I remember being so shocked when our party wasn't Isaac and the gang, but it adds an extra edge to the games as a whole imo.

Other than that, we get to see what our new party were up to while the Venus Lighthouse was being lit and what happened after that. It's shown briefly at the end of the 1st game but this is better and more in-depth.

To go into more depth myself, we make our way out of the Venus Lighthouse, through Suhalla Gate and onto the island of Idejima! What do you mean it's not an island? The tidal wave says otherwise! :eek:

Thanks for watching! We'll see how all that turns out next time! :lew:

P.S. I love that little bit where Felix checks himself over. It always made me think he was like this little puppet. Maybe like a sackboy?

P.P.S. Give me a shout on what you think of the green textbox. It's the same colour we used during the 1st game so I'm assuming it's ok for now :).

Episode 2 - The Village Of Daila

https://youtu.be/V2nyHLOakGI

Hey peoples, it's time to leave our little bit of nostalgia behind and head into newer lands! The first place we check out is the village of Daila, which is a wee bit wet. I can't imagine why! ;)

Other than that, we gain our first djinni! Echo is a venus djinni and is really just a tutorial. Think Flint from Golden Sun 1 and you'll know what this involves lol. Many more djinn where that one came from too :D.

Finally, we make our way around to a temple. We'll check that out next time!

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit :).

Episode 3 - Temple Of Trials

https://youtu.be/BFyTKO8CtTY

Hey folks, we're heading into our first proper dungeon today! The Kandorean Temple is the biggest challenge we've had to date but it's not too bad really. Just watch out for falling monks. They're shits.

We have our first boss here too!

--------------------------------

Chestbeaters Strategy:

- Use flare wall (or your strongest multi-hitting fire psynergy). They're weak to fire.
- Use Echo and Venus summon.
- Cast ray with Sheba to hit them all.

--------------------------------

With that, we have the lash pebble! Thank you Master Poi! It's such a good bit of psynergy :).

Lastly, we head back in with the new psynergy in order to nab a mercury djinni for later: Fog!

Thanks for watching! See you next time to make some proper use of lash ;). Plot progression! :sir:

Episode 4 - The Lost Boys

https://youtu.be/GrKJsTEtyDE

Hey there peoples, I'm back with a pretty packed episode! First up, we head on over to the Shrine of the Sea God and see why the two boys aren't returning to Daila! I guess they have a decent reason (little shits). We also take on the optional bit of the dungeon for a new Jupiter djinni: Breath! This little guy restores HP for one character so he's really pretty amazing for this point of the game. You can go through dungeons saving so much PP :).

Afterwards, we're off to Dehkan Plateau! This place is pretty interesting in that there are both outdoor and indoor sections. This is the toughest dungeon so far and includes a nice little Mars djinni called Cannon (not Corona...). Just fire damage against a single enemy really.

Thanks for watching! I'll see you next time for a wee bit of ship hunting ;).

P.S. Pound. We learn pound :monocle:.

Episode 5 - Piers' Prison Problem

https://youtu.be/M4zP9mGdXvE

Hey peoples, another episode that's pretty full to the brim! The first thing we decide to do is head on over to the East Indra Shore and check out that ship that's just bobbing around there. I wonder...

We also do some optional stuff involving the Zagan summon in a nearby cave and also nab Iron, a new venus djinni for Felix :D. He's pretty bloody useful too, with the ability to boost the party's defence ;).

Oh! The main thing we do this time around though is find a new town: Madra! There's a lot going on here, but all we really want to do is check out the prison to meet Piers! Is he really guilty though? Our next objective is to find out exactly that! There are some catacombs in the graveyard here which present us with an optional mini-dungeon! The reward is the Tremor Bit, which teaches us the tremor psynergy. Though it won't be useful for...a bit *cough*.

Finally, we head on out to the east and make our way across the newly opened drawbridge. The Osenia Cliffs are a nice little area too, giving you the pirate's sword if you're up for a tiny detour ;).

Anyways! That's about it! Thanks so much for watching folks! I'll see you again in a bit :).

Episode 6 - King Of The Desert

https://youtu.be/hKOJLGAyEDE

'ello there chucks, welcome to a wee bit of desert crossing! The Yampi Desert isn't too confusing but getting Blitz (the jupiter djinni) can be a wee bit hard :/. Either way, at least it's out of the way now ha. I really do hate deserts...

There haven't been many bosses so far, huh? Well, here's our 2nd one :).

-----------------------------------------

King Scorpion Strategy:

- Use fire psynergy to hit it's (imo unexpected) weakness.
- Cast sleep if your Sheba is a high enough level.
- If you have the magic rod, the murk spell will be effective.
- Use your level 2 summons. They're deadly right now ;).
- Use Breath and Cure/Cure Well whenever necessary.

And there we have it! The desert has been crossed! Thanks so much for watching. I'll see you next time to check out a brand new town :).

Episode 7 - Pirates With Morals

https://youtu.be/Gn2nbJJp2Do

Hey there peoples, the town of Alhafra has a tonne to do, both mandatory and optional, so let's get cracking! ;)

What you really want to do to start things off is head on over to the east and check out the ship. It's a wee bit broken but maybe we can sort all that out? First things first though...it seems the champa have dibs on it...

--------------------------------------

Briggs Strategy:

- Use multi-hit moves to take out his midget pirate pals.
- Level 2 summons will help immensely here.
- Briggs is weak against all elements, so spells of any sort are a good shout.
- Don't focus on the midgets. He'll just call in more.

--------------------------------------

Other than the business on the ship, there's a bit of optional stuff to do here. If you have the tremor bit from earlier, then you can grab some really nice armour from a nearby dungeon. It's a really good find if you want to spend a good 5-10 minutes getting it. Water and wind resistance for Felix? I wouldn't turn that down! ;)

Thanks for watching! See you next time for a wee problem with werewolves :s.

Episode 8 - Windy Werewolves

https://youtu.be/P6gwAwCfLF0

Hey folks, I finally fixed this vid and got it out! Due to the capture card crashing (or maybe it was the software...), I had to play around with this one so much. As the vid says, to save it all I had to convert the video into a file type that for whatever reason made it lose sound. With that fixed, I re-recorded the part with no commentary (along with the next episode, though that has commentary) and wrapped it all up. It was genuinely a lot of work. I hope it isn't too disappointing or anything :s.

Anyways! This time around we find a new village called Garoh. There's something ever so mysterious going on in one of my favourite towns in the game and that's the fact that it's full of werewolves! I love the music here which makes me sad that you can't hear it. Keep an eye (and ear) out for a bonus episode coming soon to help with that :).

We also collect a new mercury djinni (Sour) and a new summon (Megaera) from an optional cave nearby. Not that I really use those summons but it's nice to have. I may show them off at some point lol.

Finally, we take on all of the Air's Rock exterior! This part isn't too bad, though we do go for the optional great weapon and shield, both for Felix. Namely: Storm Brand and Fujin Shield. Both are a better than decent upgrade for him.

Thanks for watching! Again, I hope this turned out ok :s.

P.S. Don't worry about missing a djinni here. There aren't any. There is a summon tablet but that's in the interior of the dungeon...more on that next time ;). See you around!

Episode 9 - Revealing Air's Rock's Secrets!

https://youtu.be/ytqt_zoTblQ

Hey there folks, welcome to the interior of Air's Rock! This place can be really confusing since it has so many doorways, but it does have a dot system to help you navigate. The hardest thing about this place though is the optional summon tablet (Flora). It's a bit of a bugger to reach, even if it's easy to see as you travel through :s.

The main reward for all that effort is worth it though! I'm so glad they brought it back from the first Golden Sun ;).

Thanks for watching! See you next time when we check out more of Garoh :).

P.S. This is my 2nd recording attempt of this episode. T'was the other episode that the capture card (or software) crashed on. Should be fine from now on. I think the re-recording made it better honestly; I was finding it so tough to get through Air's Rock the first time through :/.

Episode 9b - Garoh's Mysterious Sounds

https://youtu.be/5soDztkQx0E

Hey peoples, instead of going a day without an upload, this time I thought I'd showcase one of my favourite tracks from the game: the one that plays around Garoh! I love the song in general but that werewolf howl really adds to it :).

Since the video messed up during episode 8, when we were here last, and we didn't get to hear the song, this was the perfect opportunity to show it off ha :lew:.

Thanks for watching! I hoped you enjoyed and I'll see you next time for a bit of progress in the game itself :).

Episode 10 - The Werewolf Chief

https://youtu.be/wMqNmFNTqi0

Hey there folks, we're back in Garoh this time around for what I believe is the last time :). Since we learnt reveal, we can talk to the chief of the werewolves and see what's actually going on there :s. He actually gives us a present in the form of Ether; a new jupiter djinni!

We also head on over to the completely optional town of Mikasalla in order to check out the shops and gain Spark; an incredibly useful mars djinni for Jenna (bring me back to life!). It's actually a nice little town with farm animals...something that should be in every JRPG imo.

Finally, there's the matter of returning to Madra, which is pretty far back but with a special shortcut it ain't so bad ;).

Thanks for watching! See you next time to see what's gotten the people of Madra in an uproar...once again :D.

Episode 11 - The Trouble With Tribes

https://youtu.be/xtmM_edritg

Hey people, look out for that dastardly Kibombo tribe! Those little shits are all about stealing from Madra, especially a certain black orb that may be useful to us. It also turns out that the ex-imprisoned Piers is after it too, so there are two reasons to cross the Gondowan Cliffs (where Kindle the mars djinni resides)! Speaking of those cliffs, they aren't bad but can be a bit confusing when you reach a certain water puzzle :).

Other than all that, we nab Chill the mercury djinni (do we really need them yet?) in the local forest. Finally, we check out the village of Naribwe. Nothing much here other than some decent equipment and stuff. I'm not actually sure if you ever have to come here...maybe I'll remember later on lol.

Thanks for watching! See you next time for the Kibombo Mountains! :)

P.S. I love the general names and vibes of this area. So different from what you see in most JRPGs.

Episode 12 - Golden Metal Gear

https://youtu.be/Q9pmaq13WOk

Hey there folks, just a quick summary this time around :).

First up, we sneak our way through the Kibombo Mountains; I'm not a huge fan of stealth but it's simple enough here imo. We also reach the namesake of the mountains: Kibombo Village! It seems like a nice enough town but there's a ceremony going on right now, involving a wannabe, spoilt witch doctor. While I don't like him, we have to help him by going through the Gabomba statue; a weird little dungeon involving cogs and gears. Not as hard as I remember but it can be a bugger to navigate ;).

Thanks for watching! There's plenty more going on, including two djinn, but I'll leave it for you to check out :).

P.S. We now have a full party! Piers has been hanging around for a wee while and now we finally have him on our side! He's actually pretty interesting due to where he's come from. More on that later! :lew:

Episode 13 - Save That Ship!

https://youtu.be/OdEDGaLov04

Hey peoples, we're finally nabbing ourselves a ship! That is gonna open the world up so much for us and is something the first Golden Sun didn't have so it's really building on the original game :).

It's not safe on that there ship though. In fact, it has become the home for tonnes of monsters including...

Aqua Hydra Strategy:

- Use Iron and Shade djinni for more defence.
- Use your Kindle djinni for boosted attack.
- Use the Blitz djinni in the hope that it paralyzes the bugger.
- Otherwise just keep your health up and use your best summons. Easy times really this time around.

Before all this though, it's worth noting that we take on the optional dungeon back in Madra: the Catacombs. It's simple enough and we actually came here to do a tiny bit a while back, so the enemies are simple by now. It's all to obtain a new summon, you see: Moloch! :)

Thanks so much for watching! I'll see you next time to see what the sailing is like and check out some optional stuff (and something not so optional) ;).

P.S.
We also nab a new djinni by using the healing fungus we found on the Gondowan Cliffs: Char. He's a mars djinni that isn't all that useful imo, but y'know...boosted stats and stuff :).

Episode 14 - The Great Gabomba Revisited!

https://youtu.be/stESl_nyv00

Hey folks, now that we have a boat, and the cyclone chip, we can take on the great gabomba statue properly! Without cyclone, you can't make it past the first new room so it's good that the game designers didn't make you get to the end of the dungeon before saying no ;).

The reward isn't actually that good; you're given the tomegathericon, which changes your class to some sort of undead demon user. It sounds better than it actually is lol. The reason I actually came here was to show off the dungeon and to nab Mud, the venus djinni! :)

Thanks for watching! See you next time when we head back into Daila Village and continue with the main game! :)

Episode 15 - The Sea God's Tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI9lGoxR-Po

Hey there folks, we're now right out in the open with the ship! At this point, it's hard to tell what you need to do next, so you really need to keep a move on, check out the local villages and talk to the NPCs :).

As for us, we stopped last time back outside the village of Daila, where we're now getting the Sea God's Tear! It helps us towards a pretty major objective we now have: collecting the 3 prongs of the Trident of Ankohl! The right prong isn't too hard to find (in fact, we get this episode in the Shrine of Sea Gods). We may have been here before to save those two boys and grab a djinni, but this time we're heading in deeper via the frost psynergy ;).

Finally, we're heading on over to a pretty stunning little area called the Apojii Islands. In order to access Aqua Rock, you need to douse the stone there :).

Thanks for watching! See you next time for Aqua Rock :D.

Episode 16 - Another Use For Spit

https://youtu.be/SSO4mwJb-_Q

Hey all, we're making our way through the Aqua Rock exterior this time around, with a tonne of little water puzzles! The moai heads creep me out a little bit but we can always just pretend they're not cut off human heads. Hopefully :s.

We also check out a wee bit of the interior of the dungeon too but not too much. I didn't want to go too far because...well, I feel like my videos have been too long sometimes lately :/.

Thanks for watching! We'll wrap up the dungeon next time! :)

Episode 17 - Jeepers, I'm Parched!

https://youtu.be/Yh9vFOYq4w8

Hey there folks, the rest of Aqua Rock is where things start to make me flounder :s. We did all of the exterior last time (and started the interior actually) but that was just the tip of the iceberg! This is the place where the water puzzles really start to shine :D.

Other than finding the Parch psynergy for Piers via the aquarius stone (one of my favourite psynergy to use), we also find Steam; a mercury djinni! :)

Finally, with parch we can nab the 2nd trident prong, though more on that next time! Pingu is more important than saving the world, obviously! With that said, we start the trading sidequest with Pingu and his little broken girlfriend giving us a pretty stone :).

Thanks for watching! See you next time for the snowy continent and a brand new dungeon! :)

Episode 18 - Let It Snow!

https://youtu.be/2e2bjhvoy50

Welcome back peoples!

I love snow and ice in games and that's just what we're getting for this episode! Tundaria Tower is chock full of ice puzzles with a djinni mixed in to boot! I'm sure Reflux is a solid enough mars djinni, but I'm not that fussed on something that occasionally lets a character counter. Maybe if it works it's pretty good though? We also find Wheeze, a jupiter djinni outside, so two for the price of one this time! ;)

Anyways, the tower is one of my favourite dungeons in the game and isn't too mind-numbingly tough, considering...y'know...ice puzzles. Our reward is something very bomberman-ish. I quite like this psynergy ;). Oh yeah, we also nab the central prong for the trident.

Thanks for watching! See you next time for our next rock dungeon! Maybe it'll help us reach the 3rd and final prong? :)

P.S. The blacksmith in this vid can be visited quite a bit and has some of the best equipment in the game. It's just a bit expensive :s.

P.P.S. This video was made over two attempts (capture card crash lol). Our stats going forward are shown at the end of the vid so it doesn't get too confusing :).

Back