Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Alundra 2

Hey there folks, today we're kicking off a brand new let's play: Alundra 2! I'm gonna make sure to prove to you guys why it's worth playing even if it's very different to the original game! :)

For those who don't know, Alundra 2 is a 3D action adventure game for PS1 and is know for having loads of high difficulty sections, including hard bosses, tricky navigation and mind-numbing puzzles :s. Just like the original in that sense ha.

Of course, I didn't make the game. The companies involved are: Activision (2 LPs in a row by these guys!), Contrail and Matrix Software :).

Here's the opening for you:

Along with a link to the playlist on Youtube:

Thanks for watching! I'm looking forward to making a start on this one since there's so much nostalgia involved! Hopefully I do it justice :s. See you around for the start! :)

P.S. I tried to get a border on the go but as you'll see, there's no sort of central screen for this game lol. It moves a a lot and makes things awkward for borders unless you keep the actual screen tiny. This is the same reason I couldn't go full screen after the opening video. I think you'll see what I mean when we get going next time.

Anyways, enough about that! See you around for the proper start! :)

Episode 1 - Flint And The Mechanical Bird

Hey there folks, it's time to start Alundra 2! We're kicking things off with the first dungeon: the airship! Honestly, it's not the most exciting area in the world but it's just a tutorial place so it doesn't take too long.

It does however introduce us to 4 characters that we'll be seeing a lot of throughout the game: Flint (our main protagonist), Zeppo (the pirate father), Ruby (Zeppo's spoilt princess daughter) and Albert (Zeppo's geeky son).

In fact, we have our first boss too!

------------------------------------------

Zeppo Strategy:

- Jump over his fire attacks.
- Slash straight after he misses.
- Remember that he has barely any health so this'll be a quickie.

------------------------------------------

Finally, we crash land over by Paco Village! Look out for the kindly mother with a wonky eye throughout the cutscene. We shouldn't laugh but...sometimes it can't be helped :s.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Episode 2 - Relaxing In Paco Village

Hey there folks, let's have a quick look around Paco Village, shall we? It's such a nice, peaceful village with some great stuff in the shop. Worth saving up for that sword!

We also head through Kindra Forest, which is an easy dungeon area to start us off with. Plenty of help from old man Prunewell too, in case you would get stuck.

Thanks for watching! We'll be taking on Mt Sparrowhawk next time which has a pretty tricky element to it :).

BTW, I think there was a healing spot in the house with the bull.

:lew: You were right! We'll catch it in episode 4 lol. Thanks for pointing it out!

---------------------------------

Episode 3 - One Purrfect Afternoon

Hey there folks, today we head off to Mt Sparrowhawk to see if we can find proof of Baron Diaz being involved with the pirates!

It's only a short dungeon and there are no real problems to speak of but there is a boss at the end that can cause a bit of trouble...

Pandora Strategy:

- Attack from in front when she runs in circles. This can be a bit tricky to time.
- After you hit her, wait for her to charge and then quickly attack.
- When she starts breathing fire from a corner, go to the opposite corner to dodge.
- After this, she will charge at you so dodge and quickly attack like before.

There seems to be something going on back at Paco Village. More on that next time!

Episode 4 - There's Sand On My Boots!

Hey peoples, today we're heading on over to Paco Village to see what all the fuss is about!

We also go to Tortuga Beach to attack the birds and other local wildlife. Seriously though, those birds can be such a pain! Just a bit of patience...

Finally, we make it to Toroledo! More on that next time!

Episode 5 - Happily Married In Toroledo

Hey there peoples, we've reached the second town of the game! Toroledo is just as relaxing but is a wee bit bigger and full of people with a love for bulls; they may just love them that bit too much...

We also learn a new move that will be really helpful shortly :).

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for our first complicated dungeon! The beginners' gloves are off now ;).

Episode 6 - Holy Cow!

Hey folks, today we're heading off to that area that we've been trying to reach for a while now: Mithra Valley! Specifically, the Ox Tank dungeon that is our first sign of tough things to come.

This game was great, spent so many time collecting darts for that mini game

I agree! That darts minigame is so tough lmao. It's coming up soon actually :').

P.S. I love your music :s

-------------------------------------

Episode 7 - Mad Cow Disease

Hey folks, today we take on Mutox the bull! I guess he's the one behind the bombings etc but he does have that key on his back...where've we seen that before?

Mutox Strategy:

- Avoid his punches by always being on the run and keeping your distance.
- When he punches the boulder, avoid it until it hits Mutox.
- Do the same in phase 2, when he rolls around as a ball. Avoid him by running in slow circles.
- Attack when he's dizzy (my preference is a combo attack).
- Rinse and repeat :).

So with that, the Ox Tank is done! We head on back to Toroledo for a sec but only to find that Pierre (the gambling husband) has headed off to the Howling Cave. What's going on with him now??? So much trouble ;).

Episode 8 - Zach's Dead Eye

Hey there folks, today we check out the mini-dungeon that is the Howling Cave! It's tiny. It's simple. It's got a local psychotic. What more do you want?

We also head on over to Deadeye Zach's to play some darts. This one isn't fun lmao. The colours actually remind me of the bombchu minigame in Ocarina of Time. Sorta. Kinda. If you want everything out of the game though, you'll need to play a tonne of this and farm for darts. More on that in the vid :).

Finally, we make a start on the biggest and hardest dungeon we've encountered so far: Dun Webb! We'll be here a bit longer yet :).

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for more webbery! :)

Episode 9 - That's It! I'm Dun!

Hey peoples, Dun Webb is ever bigger than what we've seen so far so here's a chunk more of it! We're actually done with the dungeon itself now so next time...we've got the big baddy of the place!

Episode 10 - Eight Legged Freaks

Hey there folks, there's quite a lot crammed into today's episode! From taking care of the spider boss in Dun Webb (yes that is the boss's actual name...), to taking care of the minecart minigame, to round 2 of darts, to checking out the new area that is Yagin Harbour! All in a pretty short video. Pretty proud of how this turned out ha!

Episode 11 - Performance Of Her Lifetime

Hey there folks, today we have 2 ports to show off! We started exploring Yagin Harbour last episode but this time we have to figure out how to sneak on board of a ship full of pirates! Easy enough right? ;)

We also check out Puerto Medusa, which has one of my favourite cinematics in the game :). You can't beat a good song in a game.

Thanks for watching! We'll be heading on over to some training grounds next time to earn our golden badge!

Episode 12 - I've Got A Golden Ticket!

Er...badge. *cough*

Hi! Today we take on the gold badge testing center! To get a gold badge! By being tested!

...thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

P.S. We also make a start on the longest dungeon name known to mankind: Underground Passage To Milena's Mansion!

Episode 13 - That's One Krafty Kinokodile!

Hey there folks, today we check out the rest of the underground passage along the way the way to Milena's Mansion! There's a bit of an obstacle in the way though...and it's one of the most unique creatures you'll see in a videogame:

-----------------------------------------

Kinokodile Strategy:

- Lure him into attacking a wall.
- Quickly hit him between the front and back legs. This spot can be tricky to pinpoint as the hitbox seems a bit out to me but check out the vid and you'll see where it is :).
- Avoid his spores that he shoots as a counter to your slashes.
- If you can position yourself in between the spores that he shoots, you can attack again without having to lure him into a wall again. It's safer not to do this but...if you're in a rush it's possible.

-----------------------------------------

We also make it to Milena's Mansion itself! This place is a nice break from all the fighting imo :).

Thanks for watching! We'll finish off the mansion next time and see what Flint has to look forward to next ;).

Episode 14 - A Wild Father Appears!

Hey there folks, grab the popcorn! We have a wee bit of plot to look at today! Not only that but we also take care of the rest of Milena's Mansion! That's a crafty puzzle piece, that is!

Finally, we start the Ocean Cave! You thought the Ocean Cave in the first Alundra game was bad? Well...that's because it was. This one is much easier ;).

Episode 15 - Eyes On Me

Hey there folks, today we're taking care of the rest of the Ocean Cave, with eye popping results!

We also make it to the huge town of Gwaba. More on that next time :').

Episode 16 - Small Town Pirate Hunter In A Big City

Hey folks, today we're heading into the complicated town of Gwaba! I'm bloody awful at navigating bigger towns in games but hopefully this turns out alright lmao. This part really reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, when you first make it to Traverse Town :).

We also head on over to a ship, with new friends and objectives in hand!

There're a few other things going on in this episode but I'll leave you a few small surprises :).

Episode 17 - That Sinking Feeling

Hey there folks, today we take on the Sunken Ship! This place isn't too bad but I've never liked underwater dungeons in games so it's, once again, not my favourite part of the game lol. There's a pretty big threat here though...

------------------------------------

Seeker Strategy:

- Shoot the blue statue with your new siren ring.
- Once the shark has the bomb in his mouth, shoot the bomb...that's in his mouth.
- Rinse and repeat, pretty much. Not too much to this boss really.

------------------------------------

We also head on over to the Seagull Ruins and make a start! This place is interesting in that it's the first place that makes me feel like there's absolutely no hand-holding. Just...go for broke! :)

Episode 18 - Seagulls! Everywhere!

Or...nowhere lmao.

Hey folks, welcome to the Seagull Ruins! This is where the game starts to pick up the difficulty and give you a tonne of dungeons in a row rather than slowing down the action with towns. It's gonna be where I get to really show you how hard I find the game lmao.

There's a guardian to take care of too, if we want to nab the first of the key items for Baron Diaz...

----------------------------------------

Ruin Keeper Strategy:

- Avoid the lasers by running around him in a circle.
- Slide attack his leg when he stands on one leg.
- Once he's on the floor, attack his head.
- Rinse and repeat. This is probably the easiest boss in the game, so no pressure :).

----------------------------------------

Thanks for watching! We'll see where that teleporter leads to next time!

Back