Kingdom Hearts: Love It Or Hate It?

A20

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frigh
Gil
I for one, Am one of those people, yes those people... who think Final Fantasy characters and Disney characters do not mesh... at all, they dont even come close. They are completely different in every way. I'm not sure what Square was thinking when they made this one. Now, I'm not saying the gameplay is horrible, or the story sucks, I'm just saying, If all the disney characters were removed, besides Jack Skellington, cause hes pretty much a badass:P I would have been much more enticed to buy the game. I have borrowed it, and beaten it, but It just didn't give me the overall feeling I expect out of a Square-Enix game, so i gave it back, never to see it again. I haven't played the sequel or any other spin-off's just for the simple fact, that I don't enjoy playing an RPG with Disney characters. I don't know if others feel this way at all, but I sure as hell do.

Last edited:
Omg, you're right there is not such thread :gasp:

Anyway, I think the world and his wife knows I feel about this game. I hate it, it hates me. It's STUPID. I was either lost or dying somewhere, it drove me BONKERS going round in stupid circles all the time. The stupid camera angle wound me up, Sora had an annoying voice and big feet.....

I think I only carried on playing because I refused to let it beat me, and I enjoyed the story. I blame Dave forever for making me play this game. And don't even get me STARTED on KH2...Proud Mode my ARSE

I think I actually love AND hate this game at the same time...more leaning towards ahte though...>_>

I love kh it was fun but i am stuck in Alntica and Halloween town i cant beat oogie boogie and i cant defeat ursula with that stupid mermaid form that you have to be in.

I loved KH and KH2. Although I didnt agree with all the of choices of the disney worlds. Atlantica in KH2 was just about as useless as anything. And I really didnt like the world in KH2 that was like the old Mickey Mouse cartoons. I loved the whole action/RPG style of game, mostly because its different than the 'norm' that RPGs are supposed to be.;))

Omg, I LOVE Kingdom Hearts. I think it's probably my favorite video game story I've played. I can't believe how enthralled I was with the story. The first game was an all round new experience for me, and I keep thanking my friend who lent me her copy of KH1 and started my on my love for the series ♥

Sora is just such a charismatic character. Like, yeah, he's a kid, but he's still so fun to play as, and Riku is just so friggin' awesome. Doing all that he could for his friend; what a guy T.T

And Kairi is pretty nice too :3

One of the main things I love about KH is that the relationship in the story isn't about romantic love, but more about the love of friends, and it's a refreshing change from romance ^^

The second game continued on a more darker route, which I think a lot of RPGers like xD

But I'm glad it had happy ending ^^

CoM in between turned me off a little bit with the card battle system, but once again, the story and characters is what I like the most, so I got used to it in time.

As of now, I'm waiting for BbS and 358/2 Days so I can playthrough and understand most of the story.

Yeah, I absolutely love the KH series. Haters can f-off :monster:

Last edited:
I love KH! Overall, though. The first one isn't very good, CoM is ok, and II is BRILLIANT! The gameplay and story improve a shitload, and the characters look less retarded. (Namely Riku, he looks way cooler!)

I love the story overall. I even cried during the games. This is an epic game. The only thing I disliked was the way those treasure chests were hidden. The way you have to keep jumping to get there. Especially in Monstro -__-

I for one, Am one of those people, yes those people... who think Final Fantasy characters and Disney characters do not mesh... at all, they dont even come close. They are completely different in every way. I'm not sure what Square was thinking when they made this one. Now, I'm not saying the gameplay is horrible, or the story sucks, I'm just saying, If all the disney characters were removed, besides Jack Skellington, cause hes pretty much a badass:P I would have been much more enticed to buy the game. I have borrowed it, and beaten it, but It just didn't give me the overall feeling I expect out of a Square-Enix game, so i gave it back, never to see it again. I haven't played the sequel or any other spin-off's just for the simple fact, that I don't enjoy playing an RPG with Disney characters. I don't know if others feel this way at all, but I sure as hell do.

I, for one, completely agree with everything you have to say. I did not like Kingdom Hearts. At all. The camera angles were awkward, the Disney characters were a big turn off, and yes, meshing FF characters and Disney didn't work at all. Everyone having enormously large feet bugged the crap out of me, and attempting to make the Disney characters looked cool failed miserably. I just don't like this game...

Actually,I think the bond between Kingdom Hearts characters and Disney characters is quite cute. :v

Although, I think the Final Fantasy characters in the Kingdom Hearts games do not mesh with the Disney characters right at all.

Like, when Leon says Sora, Donald and Goofy.

It sorta annoys the hell outta me.
...And anytime they introduce themselves.

I liked playing both games, KH1 moreso than KH2. I though KH1 had a better storyline whereas KH2 just got a little too complicated for me in some parts.

And I did not mind the FF characters meshing with the Disney Characters. The way I see it, KH is just an alternate universe that includes both FF and Disney characters and nothing to be taken seriously.

I did think some of the worlds were a bit unnecesary. Like, I'm sure we all could have done with out Monstro =P.

And I would have prefered a Jungle Book world instead of a Tarzan world for a jungle themed place.

i loved it. Final fantasy and disney are like family. this series is awesome and never gets old. the only game that i dont like is COM becuase of the card game like gameplay, but the overall story is very intruiging and pulls you in like a magnet. The theme of friendship and how it can overcome anything is inspiring as well

I am really thrille about the Kingdom Hearts games. I love them, but I hate all this "mysterious" feelings the games has. Like "oh my god. A man in a black cape!! Don´t know who it is, but I will now discuss this event with other players and let them decide for me".
Really like the Square vs Disney too (Maleficent <3), but sometimes it can get too... childish...

I neither love nor hate it.

I'm not fond of what they did with the FF characters, simply because I don't feel they were faithful to the original character designs. By that I mean they changed their personalities and characteristics far too much.

Other than that I have no problem with it.

Kingdom Hearts is great. The Final Fantasy characters were only used as minor parts in the series anyway so I don't know why people are so stuck up about it, if anything the FF characters made the game worse :wacky:, the battle systems are great, especially in 358/2 Days, the panel system is good in that too, and the storylines are great. I'd rather play a KH game over an FF one any day of the week.

I like the idea of mushing Disney with the game. I just think it's nice, because I was always a fan of Disney. The only thing I didnt like was how KH2's Mermaid level was.. Singing..You serious haha? I just wanted out of there.
Though, I love Kingdom Hearts no matter what. I enjoyed the whole Summon Simba, Dumbo idea, though it could've been childish. I'm a child myself, so I l liked it.
The whole Chicken Little part was too much though, I never really used him anyways.
I thought the Pooh Book was cute though, it was interesting.
I love the characters in the game though. Riku is amazing, and looks great in KH2. Sora, Kairi, Donald Goofy were a GREAT idea. The storyline is what brought me in though.

Overall, I enjoyed KH2 more then 1 or CoM, it has more detail and darker storyline into it. Which I enjoy.
I'm level 99 haha.

Last edited:
Back