Playstation Jak and Daxter Series

Assassin Baby

I tried bein normal.....I didn't like it
Gil
Didn't see a thread for this so thought I'd make one. I really enjoyed all three Jak and Daxter games.(aside from the Combat X Racing) Was wondering who else enjoyed this series. What was your thoughts on how big the gameplay changed from Jak and Daxter to Jak II. Howd ya feel when ya beat each one? I for one thought it was great series and enjoyed playing all three. After I beat the first one and saw Jak II was coming out i was overjoyed and even more so when I heard a Jak 3 was coming out as well. Also on a lighter note I wouldn't mind seein a Jak 4 on PS3 dunno how they would work the story and all that but it'd still be pretty cool.

Never played the series but it always looked good. Naughty Dog is a good developer and I have faith in their products. Crash Bandicoot was always really fun to play when I was younger... and I can imagine the Jak and Daxter series being similarly fun.

I agree with Aztec about Naughty Dog, they do release good games like Crash, Uncharted etc. Anyways, I can't say I loved the series because I only played an hour or so of Jak II maybe but I really enjoyed what I played of it, and I played some of Daxter on my brother's PSP which was also pretty good. I hope they bring another one out for the PS3 though then I'll be able to play a Jak and Daxter game all the way though D:

These were some of the best games ever. It's been a while since I played them but I remember how fun they were!

But how can you not like combat racing? that was an awesome game.

If they made a Jak 4 it should be something like the adventures of
Mar because of him being Mar and going to the past to do it.

I too have played all three Jak games and loved them.

I dunno why the frig are not Naughty Dog not making Jak 4 for the PS3. Gits.

I own the first one and love it. I've done everything there is to do in that game. I really need to get the other ones. Plus Daxter for the PSP. I've watched my nephew play Jak 2 and thought it looked just as fun as the first one did!

I really liked these games. The open world of Jak 1 was so amazing when it first came out as I think it was the first of its kind. The game play was fun too. The humour was awesome if a little lame and cheesy at times^__^

I kinda liked the change for the sequals as you still had some elements from the first game but it was expanded and stuff. Driving around sucked though, I hated that. I even quite liked Jak X if nothing else then for the fact that it had a story line with continuation to the rest of the series.

Jak 4 would be great and Naughtydog still hasnt ruled it out so its something to hope for^^

I own Jak 3, but I've played a lot of Jak 2 since I borrowed it off my friend for like, a year. They're great games, and from what I remember, very funny. I thought they were like, Crash Bandicoot for older gamers, and with guns. I preferred 2 to 3 though, as I thought they placed way too much emphasis on the vehicles in 3 D=

I never played the first one and havent played the second one in a long time. When i first played the second one, it was somehow not that hard for me to get the basic idea of what was going on. They are really good games that i would play again, if i had them.

I've play the series (except for the racing one and Daxter) and I enjoyed them.

Jak and Daxter was alright, but thats as far as it went. It was kinda too easy, and pretty linear. Basic adventure game.

Jak II: My favourite. I loved going around the city, stealing bikes and just flying around. The weapons were awesome and flashy and t'was funny. The story was great too.

Jak III: It was fun, but I didn't see it as necessary. The cars and guns were fun, and the desert was alright too. I liked Light Jak a lot too, flying around and stopping time was fun.

I never played the first one, so I can't speak to the gameplay change.

I loved the second one. I found it to be a challenging game and highly entertaining. I loved the speeder races, especially the one through the city. And watching Ashelin bounce around wasn't horrible either.

The third one disappointed me just a little. I liked all the gun upgrades, I thought the vehicles were an ok addition too. The storyline was a little blah, but not bad. The game itself wasn't quite as difficult as Jak II, and it was a little short for my taste. I beat it in like... 10 and a half hours I think. But I'm not big on going through and unlocking every-damn-thing, so myabe that's my own fault.

the first n second were pretty sht 1 no weapons sht attacks 2 sht attacks sht weps numbah 3 sht attacks 3 forms good skills on the special forms aight weps i dont rmber if der was a number 4 it might be nice

But how can you not like combat racing? that was an awesome game.

I always meant to pick it up but never did, I loved the racing segments in Jak 2.

Jak and Daxter was alright, but thats as far as it went. It was kinda too easy, and pretty linear. Basic adventure game.

Easy? o__O

I thought it was pretty challenging compared to the sequels, you only had 3 hit points the entire game, couldn't upgrade your health or abilities or anything, you had to rely entirely on your skills. The final boss was hard as hell too.

But I absolutely LOVED the game, it was actually my first PS2 game so I would spend a long time just wandering around looking at the gorgeous (for the time) scenery. Jak's attacks totally copied Crash's, but hey, I loved the Crash Bandicoot games so I didn't care. The game had alot of atmosphere and I think that's one of the reasons why it's still one of my favorite platformers.

The second and third were good, but very big disappointments for me. They still had great platforming, but there was so much needless garbage they threw in. I absolutely hated the weapons, it was obvious to tell they were trying to copy Ratchet and Clank and they completely failed, and I hated the pointless minigames. Throw minigames in a game, I don't care, but don't make completing them necessary to further the story, especially when they have absolute shit controls and ludicrous scores you have to achieve (Whack-A-Metalhead, anyone?).

the first n second were pretty sht 1 no weapons sht attacks 2 sht attacks sht weps numbah 3 sht attacks 3 forms good skills on the special forms aight weps

the first n second were pretty sht 1 no weapons sht attacks 2 sht attacks sht weps numbah 3 sht attacks 3 forms good skills on the special forms aight weps i dont rmber if der was a number 4 it might be nice

Wow, double posting instead of editing AND horrible grammar and spelling, what a treat!

Now let me see if I can decipher your post...the first was shit because it had no weapons, the second was shit because of shit attacks and weapons...and the third had shit attacks but you liked the eco forms and the weapons were alright.

Well, don't you have a lovely view of games. The first was shit to you because it had no weapons? Um, it's a platformer, not a third person shooter, it doesn't need weapons in the first place. Agree that the weapons in the second (AND in the third) were shit though.

And we are getting a fourth game, and I'm very upset about it. It's going to be for the PSP and PS2...know what that means? A very bad PS2 port. High Impact Games is developing it (that's right, not Naughty Dog), and they ported Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters to the PS2 and did a very poor job of it, mostly because of a very unruly camera that fought you every step of the way. Actually I don't even understand why High Impact is doing it, the logical choice would be Ready at Dawn. They already did Daxter, which was a very good game, and they did God of War: Chains of Olympus, which is still one of the PSP's best and most technically impressive games.

And I can understand a spinoff like Daxter being on the PSP, but why the next main title in the series? They could do so much with it on the PS3 and make a truly phenomenal game instead of having to deal with the limitations of the PSP and then making a bad port. Not to mention it would probably help push some more PS3 units, and god knows Sony needs it.

Damnit Naughty Dog, why? First Crash, now Jak...why do you give up your awesome series, and why not at least give them up to good developers? ;_;

I'm worried on how the new game is gonna turn out since naughty dog had no part in its development. Personally though they should've just stopped at Jak 3 since they did say it was gonna be the last one for the storyline.

The first one was good, but too easy. I'd say it's just your average adventure game. As for the second one, the story seemed a little darker, and Jak himself had gone and got a peronality change. It was fun, though (loved stealing cars). I never went any further than II, so I don't know what to say about III. The new releases look, I don't know, boring? It's probably just me, but the Jak & Daxter series just seems to be losing its charm.

The first game got me hooked on the series (loved the final boss and the song that played during the battle). II was okay, the atmosphere oculd've been better but the plot was good. III was a bit disappointing when it came to the plot, but the off-road vehicles, weapon upgrades, and missions (the exciting ones, anyway) almost made up for it.

I, for one, am glad the fourth one is going to be released for the PS2 (if it hasn't already). Personally, I could use another J&D game to my list.

Back