FFX-2 I just beat FFX-2! Here is my review.

Meh. thats about all i have to say about the game. the bosses were a joke,(ok dark yojimbo was a bit challenging but thats about it) what the the hell with the dressphere, stupidest idea ive ever heard of. no summons. i mean really what was the point of this game. I think it took me about twelve minuts to beat shuyin and vegnagun, (tail, torso,head, and all of the cutscenes in between).
They took all of the magnificence of FFX and shot it in the head, used a pheonix down, then summoned Bahamut and used megaflare to kill it again.

far too easy, vegnagun was a joke
the desert boss was a tough one so well done to them for nt making it completely easy.
they ruined blitz ball, making it blitzball manager like, much more boring to play, just fun to have rikku etc as players
dresphere system - meh, dumbest super-move system ever tho, change classes 3 times and you can use it...wow..why bother fighting at all?

side quests were fun i guess, excavations, the 3 stooges (the thieves), collecting spheres
good characters, gippal and the faction idea was quite smart

I don't know why I like FFX-2. I guess it just has a certain charm to it. It does, however, have flaws. The difficulty was relatively low, and the dressphere system just didn't par up with what I was expecting from the game. Still, I was relieved to see that it wasn't dreadfully linear like FFX was.

I was mildly entertained when the game started and I got to hop around platforms with Yuna.

Then the game took a turn for the worst upon having to watch Leblanch act stupid and dull.

The whole Gullwings sphere-hunter thing is like a Pokemon game that has been stripped of its conflict.

Yuna's IQ is about 20% of what it was in X. She constantly acts like she has a serious migraine or has lost her brain cells. She's probably still one of the smartest characters in this game though.

At first I liked the classes in this game, but there's really not much you can do with each one. It seems like there's little reward to being smart when it comes to choosing your attack.

Being in an airship isn't really fun. Well it is in IV, but that's different.

Even if you fail at getting a dress-sphere, it seems like the game will still find a way to give it to you.

There is a lot of weird humor in this game, but it's only good for one or two laughs before it becomes repetitive because you already expect it. The whole game is humor.

This game is like 100 very small average games put together. Not exactly my idea of a solution to the linearity problem.

The environments are bland and unexciting, despite having familiar locale and terrain.

I also found the storyline was terrible. With a lack of a villain like Seymour, the game goes off-course into a state where there is no meaning. Sure there is a plot, but 85% of the time the game forces you into a certain way of thinking.

With a character like Wakka, you can't really feel for him as much in this game, because in this game his character development has advanced to a point where you don't care as much.

I'm actually glad they did make this game but because it probably gave them a chance to learn from their mistakes. Yes, I'm afraid I like XIII more than X-2.

Last edited:
Back