Help with job systems for Vaan

Gil
Hi, first post here,

I've just started playing for first time and have started off with Vaan as a Red battlemage which I realise might not have been the best choice

Penelo is currently a white mage

What's the best pairing for Vaan's 2nd job to make up for this?

many thanks

Luke

It might be only me, but I like to compensate my mages with melee-based jobs. This way their HP can be higher and also their melee attacks. So in my case if Vaan was a Red battlemage, I would choose his second job to be knight, shikari, uhlan or something like this, so he can be a bit more tank-ish.

I don't think you should worry about chosing something wrong. I mean there are some characteristics that would suggest that certain jobs are better for certain characters (like Penelo has higher MP so mage jobs are better for her) but I don't think you can choose anything wrong. Especially if you form teams with good jobs.
In my case it looks like this:
Vaan - shikari + time battlemage
Penelo - white mage + monk
Fran - red battlemage + knight

This way Vaan in my main melee attacker with some support and damage spells if needed. Penelo usually heals everybody if needed, but I let her do melee attack, too. Fran is the main mage of the party with black and other magic spells, but I made her watch the entire party and help Penelo with healing if needed.

I have another party including Ashe (healing mainly), Basch and Balthier as melee and magic attackers. So if you can create balanced teams which can attack melee, use magic and also can support/heal, I think you can rock. :D Or at least I had no problem in the game until now doing things like I wrote. Hopefully I won't get any trouble until the very end of the game.

Back