Help with a UI issue

NixLupus

Gil
FFXIV
Nix Lupus
Hey,

So i'm new to FF XIV, long time WoW player. I would like to know how to remove NPC chat bubbles/text from the middle of the screen. It covers Party frames etc and i have to click the frame again for it to be brought to the foreground. Also if you could tell me how to move the pop up text that shows what a boss is doing such as "eyes glow red" , that kinda thing. It would be great.

Last edited:
You should be able to customise everything under the HUD customisation. Depending on what system you're playing on (WoW, I'm guessing PC) it's a bit easier to customise on PC versus PS4/PS5, but if you hook up a mouse and keyboard, you should be able to customise it exactly the same. Make things smaller, move things around, make things larger, etc. Should be under system config if I remember correctly.

You should be able to customise everything under the HUD customisation. Depending on what system you're playing on (WoW, I'm guessing PC) it's a bit easier to customise on PC versus PS4/PS5, but if you hook up a mouse and keyboard, you should be able to customise it exactly the same. Make things smaller, move things around, make things larger, etc. Should be under system config if I remember correctly.

Yeah i am on pc, it's the only setting i can't find anywhere. I don't know the name of the setting i am trying to change.

Reactions: Six
Could you take a screen of what exactly you wanna get rid of?

Maybe I can narrow it down more (or someone else). Maybe something specific isn't possible.

here are some caps with my issue, 1st screencap is the text clipping over my party frames. The second shows notification text i want to move.

Attachments

• ffxiv_26072021_235643_380.png
    ffxiv_26072021_235643_380.png
    11.3 MB · Views: 229
  • ffxiv_26072021_234644_881.png
    ffxiv_26072021_234644_881.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 233
Giving our Discord a heads up in case anyone knows these specific names (if they are customisable). I can't remember if they are, at the top of my head, and I'm saving the free-login :lew: Otherwise I'd check for you myself right now.

If it comes to me before anyone comments here, I'll be sure to let you know. Let us know as well if you figure it out before us!

1627354341844.png

If it's the same bubble, you can just hover over it and a hand will appear. You can just click drag to wherever. You can also right-click and scale to a smaller size.

Try checking if your High Resolution UI Settings isn't set to 100%, even if you manually adjust your UI components to make them smaller the text will still appear bigger as you can see here.

Screenshot (1295).png
screenshot-1296-png.11193

Attachments

• Screenshot (1296).png
    Screenshot (1296).png
    5.3 MB · Views: 796
View attachment 11190

If it's the same bubble, you can just hover over it and a hand will appear. You can just click drag to wherever. You can also right-click and scale to a smaller size.
its not the one at the bottom, its like a timed npc dialogue box. Can't interact with it in the same way

Try checking if your High Resolution UI Settings isn't set to 100%, even if you manually adjust your UI components to make them smaller the text will still appear bigger as you can see here.

View attachment 11194
screenshot-1296-png.11193
Its not the text size that is the problem, its the whole box i need removed/ moved to a fixed spot.

Its not the text size that is the problem, its the whole box i need removed/ moved to a fixed spot.

ah I don't know about that then, NPC dialogue always appeared in the middle for me, but it was never that big so it never covered my party list, I'll try and test it some more

Reactions: Six

Doesn't look like you can move the in-battle dialogue/notification. I've never found it that intrusive. Your UI is MASSIVE though. Idk how you play like that. It's like looking through binoculars. I think it may help if you reduce the size of the UI to 80 or 90%, it may help with some of the overlapping issues. I see you even have some windows on top of other windows.

1627396827179.png

You can see here that the announcement isn't covering anything. I think that if you try this it may help some. Those are my settings on a 27" screen and UI reduced to 80%. Just make sure to "Apply All".

Doesn't look like you can move the in-battle dialogue/notification. I've never found it that intrusive. Your UI is MASSIVE though. Idk how you play like that. It's like looking through binoculars. I think it may help if you reduce the size of the UI to 80 or 90%, it may help with some of the overlapping issues. I see you even have some windows on top of other windows.

View attachment 11197

You can see here that the announcement isn't covering anything. I think that if you try this it may help some. Those are my settings on a 27" screen and UI reduced to 80%. Just make sure to "Apply All".
Yeah thanks, i know about changing the UI size, but i just wanted to change the text box. It's just a shame with addons on WoW you can configure everything to your liking. I like my party frames right next to my line of sight to the left, even with smaller UI it will still clip. Btw i think it's because i am playing at 4k with the 300% scaling, little large i guess.

In the end i just changed the scaling on the UI and resized everything (more awkward than changing just one box :( ). Thank you everyone that commented.

Last edited:
Back