Tech Graphics card question

Squalllionheart

Ragnarok Pilot
Gil
Hi guys & girls,

I'm looking into upgrading my graphics card, currently cruising with 1GB Geforce 9800GT and while it does the business for all the games I currently own, I want to see the full graphical potential of my games, Skyrim runs on medium settings (apart from some options) and I want to be able to have full detail. I am looking at mainly AMD cards now and have a budget of around £90, I want a card that will provide the best value for money and a card that I won't have to upgrade in the next 2\3 years. I was looking at the Radeon 6770 as it's below my budget and seems to be a decent card, but at the same time I'm sure there are better cards out there such as the 6850 but that's just a little over the budget, any advice out there?

The rest of my spec for reference:

Windows 7 32Bit
Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard
AMD QuadCore 9950 (2.2Ghz)
DDR2 4GB Ram
650W PSU

Last edited:
Radeon 6770 is the best entry level card imo with the best value for price as it can play a lot of new games on highest settings.

Not sure how likely it is to last over the next 2-3 years. :ohshit:

There's a system they use for their numbering schemes(6770, 6850, etc):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Radeon#Nomenclature

That can be confusing sometimes in which case the best option is to look at reviews and benchmark numbers:

Thanks for the advice Richard, I will probably go for the 6770 as I've done quite a bit of research into it and it's performance on higher demanding games like Crysis 2 and BF3.

Last edited:
Back