Playstation Grand Theft Auto IV

Yeah. I want it alot now, but I'm patient enough. I'm not going to raid a storehouse or delivery truck just to get my hands on it. Or am I???

I'll bet that there hasn't been much posting here because people are so addicted to it already. Give some details to all us not-haves, PLEASE!!!

Got it at the midnight release...earlier today. lololol

It's stinkin' amazing. I haven't touched multiplayer yet, but the campaign doesn't disappoint. Tons of crap to do. This'll keep you occupied for a very long time, guys.

Got it at the midnight release...earlier today. lololol

It's stinkin' amazing. I haven't touched multiplayer yet, but the campaign doesn't disappoint. Tons of crap to do. This'll keep you occupied for a very long time, guys.

Two things, have they finally fixed the combat and if yes how? Also is the slackish camera from SA fixed when driving?

The combat's way better than it has been. Depending on how hard you press the trigger button, you can switch between lock-on (you can lock on to specific parts of the body by moving the analog stick) and free-aim. There's a nifty cover system that's resemblant of the one used on Gears of War.

As for the slackish camera while driving, I'm not sure I follow. It feels more like you're actually driving in GTA IV than it has in past GTA games...if that counts for anything. haha

As for the slackish camera while driving, I'm not sure I follow. It feels more like you're actually driving in GTA IV than it has in past GTA games...if that counts for anything. haha

It's something that really bugged me in SA. The camera seemed to wait a second before pointing in the direction I was driving, really pissed me off since I was crashing all the time.

Either that or between VC and SA my gaming skills really deteriorated.

Mine finally arrived today ^_^
I'd give it a 10/10 so far, like its already been mentioned, it actually feels much more like real driving than in previous GTAs and the voice acting/storyline are amazing so far. I don't see what the big fuss over the multiplayer was though, its alright but it isn't something I'd get hooked by...but it was always going to be like that in GTA. The single player outweighs multiplayer by a long shot.

Yeah. I absolutely HATE it when games sacrifice single player gameplay and storyline for multiplayer. Good thing GTA's not like that.
I managed to reserve a copy, so whenever Woolworths has new GTAIV stock, they'll put one aside and phone up. Hehe.

Got the special Edition on the 29th. Safe deposit box, key chain, duffle bag, music of GTA4 CD art book and the game itself.

This game is so addictive. Gameplay is amazingly fun. Driving is cool and the firefights are awesome. How bout the street races! intense! I love this game. Graphics are cool. Things just took a giant leap from the previous GTA's. Haha Brucie....

Heh, I'll have to wait till this game appears in stores in my country. As far as I know it will take a month or two, so anything I can do now is get jealous to people that already have them. :lol:

I don't know if anybody was getting freezes or issues while connecting to the online with the GTAIV (or freezes on loadings while connected at the PSN)

There's already a patch for it. Just launch the game, and the patch prompt will appear.

I haven't tryied to play online (i'm still hooked with the story) but seems to fix several issues.

I haven't experienced any freezing with the online portion of the game. I play on Xbox Live, though--not the PSN. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I haven't experienced any freezing with the online portion of the game. I play on Xbox Live, though--not the PSN. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
It does. The issues was with the PSN.

If you launch the game already connected; the GTA freezes over on the first "loading" message. Also, if you get connected to the PSN by the cel; it freezes when you return to the game.

It was a weird and annoying issue :mad:

that normally happens with the launch model PS3s. i hear more people complaining about achieving things online and losing all of it when they reboot the PS3.

that normally happens with the launch model PS3s. i hear more people complaining about achieving things online and losing all of it when they reboot the PS3.
Yep. I've a 60gb model and the freezes happens occasionaly; but it seems that the patch fix it all the way.

Anyway; returning to the topic. Right now, i'm just finished the last mission from McReary (until now); and i'm still trying with the first mission of Dwayne.

Yep. I've a 60gb model and the freezes happens occasionaly; but it seems that the patch fix it all the way.

Anyway; returning to the topic. Right now, i'm just finished the last mission from McReary (until now); and i'm still trying with the first mission of Dwayne.

A tip for the first mission with Dwayne. Well, a tip for everything. Kill everyone you can, because you really don't get anything if you let people live.

For the chase, make sure you have a fast car, but more important, a car with good handles. After you kill what's-her-face, get into the car and drive down that road until it hits the highway that Jayvon is on and then make a left. He'll do one of two things. He'll come back TOWARDS you and go the other way. If that's the case, chase after him but after you hit the sharp turn he goes through, drive on the WRONG side of the road. He will reverse direction and you can run right over him when he comes your way.

If he continues to go forward, he will make a left turn at a road that goes slightly uphill. When he does this, follow him, but when he makes the next right turn, don't follow him. Keep going forward and he'll come around and intersect your path (you should be able to follow it if you pay attention to where he is).

I had problems killing him there because I had to wait a bit for him to arrive and I didn't have enough momentum to knock him off his bike. I would recommend waiting outside your car at the intersection and waiting for him to arrive. Then gun him down on the bike. He goes relatively slow at the intersection so you should be able to hit him.

Took me a couple of tries, but after you learn his routes, you can cut him off easily. Pretty annoying mission though.

^ mission was fun when it got the shootout :)

anyone done Bernies mission where you gotta chase that guy on the Faggio... I hated that mission. Faggios are so annoying to handle

i finished the game last night. and it was good, but not on the crazy 10/10 review scale. i might go back and hunt those pigeons, if there's any reward for them, other than that, the bonuses only really work in the single player game, which is a shame. i would like to buy some cars though, i roughly got about $400,000 at the end of the game. I might check out the multiplayer but it doesn't really appeal to me.

Back