Gil for Summons!!!

AmethystRoses

Ex-Soldier
Gil
You can obtain the advance level summonings in this game through defeating them, or you can purchas them through a side dungeon in the crystal palace. Which did you do?

Me personally, I always set goals for myself before diving into what I know is going to be the final dungeon. And one of them were gaining all summons. So, I never got the chance to find out what I would have done. I had them all before going into the crystal palace.

I fought them and got them that way. It annoys me that you can spend all this time training for something then yuo can get it aas a cop out by buying it later, asme with FFVIII, you get all the GF's the hard way, only to find you can draw anything you missed anyway. Kinda sucks. If you can't get them first time round, hard luck I say.

The better way to get them all is by battle since you can proof you have the power to make the join you. The summons are not hard to beat if you know their attacks and if you are about the same level as them they are a breeze. Some people just buy them but i prefer to make them join.

I actually had no idea how the whole summon obtaining went in this game until I read this topic; sweet.

When i stumble upon this part, I'll no doubt face them in battle. I would rather remember the experience of battling them to the death then just going somewhere empty my purse onto the counter, and purchase them.

Battle FTW.

Battle > Buy

I personally OHKOed Bahamut with a critical Jump while holding Dragon Lance and Holy Lance... I was like 0.o for 15 minutes afterward. :P

I faught them. Besides it's alway fun to take down bahamut in the old FFs. Pluse like people have said buying them just seems a cheap way to get them. Plus you get them earlier and they can come in handy during boss fights.

Besides, buying them goes against the whole premise of the Eidolons, right? Now, I could see purchasing a second copy to give a second summoner, but the first time has to be fought for.

I too fought them, and agree that it is really the only way to go. However, I do not think that it breaks canon to by them in the Forbidden Land Eureka. As I understand it the FLE is something of an alternate dimension in which the ancients locked away special weapons and powers. Thus, under the D4D theory, there is nothing contrary about having Bahamut wild and available only through capture in one dimension, and Bahamut docile and available for purchase in the other. Just my two cents, maybe I am just trying to justify the fact that I shelled out the dough for a second one for my other sage.

D4D

You bought your second one, though. You earned the right to summon Bahamut before, so it's perfectly alright. And the different dimensions thing makes sense.

I battled all three of the high level summons. Much more fun finding them and knowing you beat them in battle! I think it's much cooler to earn them.

See I have only played the NES version, and in that I was only able to afford a second Bahamut and something like 25 Surikens before I went broke. Granted I wasn't a complete miser throughout the game, but I was careful with my money

D4D

Back