Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Thread (Who's Getting it?)

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
Hi,

I see that this week they've put the Mobile Pocket Edition of Final Fantasy XV on PS4 & Xbox One (Switch TBA) - Which has a 40% Reduction Ending Tomorrow(!)
I'm considering trying it out, I don't do mobile games but it's very reminiscent of the DS/3DS FF & Dragon Quest titles.

I wonder if they'll ever put the Season Pass DLC into this too... it's an odd time to do another version of a game when the original version is still unfinished - Season Pass 2 people! (Which I can't still believe we've heard nout on 3/4's into 2018).

But yes, curious to know who else will be getting it and thoughts in general about the project.

Honestly, I can only see this as a way to tell the story properly since they messed it up so badly in the real game. I'll be skipping since 15 isn't a game for the story...the story is a load of junk.

I think I'll wait to see what people think of this before trying it out.

I've always found this to be a very strange thing.... A re-imagining of FFXV while FFXV is still fresh?

I might watch a few gameplay videos and see how they tackle it.

Yea, this just seems like a quick cash grab from Square's side. They spent ten years developing FFXV, so they will milk it as much as possible. I kinda enjoyed the original FFXV for what it was, especially the setting - I loved that you're basically just four friends on a big road trip. However, I definitely didn't like it enough that I'd want to play it again. Especially not a watered down version.

Releasing this on consoles in the west (or in the west at all) most definitely is just a cash grab, but not one I'd say is hostile or bad for the consumer. They clearly designed this version for the Japanese market, which barely plays console games anymore, but absolutely adores mobile games. So the game serves both the purpose of being a version that will actually sell well in Japan, and should be enough to maybe make them want to try the real deal. They're releasing it over here at all -let alone on consoles- purely because it's an easy localization and port, so it's easy money from anyone who just really loved XV. After all, I reflect on my favorite games from the series, and if they'd instead released like a FFVII, or IX, or XII Pocket Edition, I'd love to try it out.

That being said, since I got the Platinum on XV, I have no reason to play this outside of curiosity. So I won't be getting it.

Back