FFXIV non-level system will “make sense,” assures Tanaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
15dazr5.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV producer Hiromichi Tanaka has said to VG247 that the MMO’s level system, similar to that of Ultima Online, will “make sense” to players when the game launches next year.

“From MMO history, from the beginning, [games like] Ultima Online had a similar, skill-based system, so we do believe it will make sense to our players,” he said.

“What we’re trying to provide to our players is flexibility. They don’t have to stick to one job: by providing this system they’ll be able to enjoy a variety of classes.”

Explaining exactly how the system’s going to work, the developer added:
“This time it’s not going to be just by killing monsters that you’ll gain experience points, but by using the weapon you hold in your hand, you’ll gain skills for that class. So, if you change your weapon you’ll change your class. You can change your class even between the battles; not during the battles.”

Source: VG247

It is always nice when you don't have to stick to one job.
Even if you have to stick to one, I usually try checking all of them.
IMO the fact that in FFXI changing jobs was annoying as you start from level 1, killed the customizing system and the game as a whole.

Though, the fact that if you change weapon you will most likely will be weak with that weapon again. So I hardly can see the flexibility here. It sounds like FFII, and in FFII changing weapons from time to time is a BAD idea.
Hope it'll make sense when I see the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back