Help FFXIII: Treasure Hunter Trophy

I kept all the weapons and accesories I had and then on mission 13 I printed lists I found on all the accesories and weapons in the game. I have been ticking them off and only need about 20 accesories and to upgrade my weapons. Only onto hunts 35.

Im almos there. I need about 4 things left. Its actually easy except for getting Dark matters and the worst Trapezohedrons which never drop most of the time form Oretoises. But thank god I got all 6 trapes and made my ultimate weapons :griin:

In my opinion, the toughest part about this was getting all the catalysts for the upgrades. The good news is, you only need 5 Dark Matter's, and getting them from Shaolong Gui's is a lot less painful than trying to raise gil to buy them for 840k. I believe it's 5 Adamantite's that you need too, which are 220k, but I don't know of any other way to get them, so you'll spend on them. You'll need a ton of Perovskite's, something like 40 of them, and they're 30k, each to buy.

The first thing I did was buy all the buyable accesories and weapons. Once I upgraded a weapon to the next level, I sold it (with the exception of the weapon you're raising to tier 3, as I sold that one after I got it to tier 3 instead of 2). After I upgraded every weapon to at least tier 2, I bought the cheapest weapon for everyone and sold the last tier 2's I had (as you'll gain some gil from that). Most of the accessories don't require a lot of experience to get to star, so the components aren't as big of a deal as they are with weapons. The accessories that require a Dark Matter or Adamantite are the ones that require a bunch of experience to level up.

Uhm, I guess that should be good, so give that a shot. It's a long and painful process. Best of luck! :ryan:

Right i have gone through 2 guides and have believed to have gotten everything... but i have no treasure hunter trophy, i have not got the star rank for each accessory, but i have gotten every rank at least once, same goes for the weapons:

Do i have to have at least one tier 3 weapon maxed for each character Sazh and Snow both have tier 3 but it is not maxed like the other 4.

Do i have to max every accessory

Do i have to have every accessory in my inventory at the same time to get these trophys.

Here is the accessory guide i followed, see what you think, is it complete?
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiii/42786-treasure-hunter-missable-trophy-guide.html
Once you've gotten all the equipment to fulfill the Treasure Hunter Trophy, you then have to visit Bhakti (spelling?) in Oerba. If it doesn't tell you that you got Treasure Hunter yet, then you missed something. The only accessories I made into a star and upgraded are the ones that you can't buy at all, so those are the only ones you need to get to a star rank.

For your questions, you only need 1 tier 3 weapon for each character, and once you reach tier 3, you don't have to level it up anymore. You don't have to max every accessory, just the necessary ones to upgrade to equipment you can't get otherwise. And thankfully, you don't need to have every piece of equipment at the same time, you just have to have possessed it once, then you can feel free to sell it.

But most importantly, you HAVE to visit Bhakti in Oerba to get the Treasure Hunter Trophy. Best of luck sir! :ryan:

Back