FFXIII: Love It or Hate It?

I've started playing the game.
Can't say I love it.
I feel it has too many cutscenes.
I don't feel any particular bond with the characters...compared to FFX where I did feel a bond.
I'll take that back a bit..I did like Hope's mom.I thought she was a beautiful and dignified woman.The game might have been more interesting in fact if she had lived.
Maybe I'll feel better about the game further on..I am only only chapter 3 I think..so A long way to go.

Maybe I'll feel better about the game further on..I am only only chapter 3 I think..so A long way to go.
You'll have plenty of time to like the game, then.

(Disclaimer: not saying you will.)

A lot of people seem to dislike the game of course.
It's kind of funny..as the games seem to be polarizing some people..with some feeling Square has to redeem themselves and the series while other people seem content with things as is.
I was content with FFX, even with the much maligned and hated FFX-2.
I hated FFXII, in part because I was run off another forum for criticizing it.
I never got to play FFXI..so now due to good fortune I get to play FFXIII.

I'll try to keep an open mind although I am one of the discontented folks who feel Square needs to redeem itself.

smiles

I only beat the game last week, took about 50 hours which is decent enough. Hated the start, took a long time and was very repetitive. When the party reunited that was when I started to get into the game properly, and story really kicked off and there were a lot more battle features to mix and match with.

The story is awesome, its genuinely a brilliant story and up there with the best, the gameplay on the other hand isnt the greatest but I play these games for the story first, gameplay second. If I wanted to play something with good gameplay I'd play Red Dead Redemption again.

Music was great too. It felt like a proper Final Fantasy again. Havent had that feeling since FFX. Lots of twists and turns and the characters bond unlike in FFXII even though they dont spend a lot of time together. A week or two at most.

Funny thing is that a lot of people seem to complain about the music.

50 hours is a good time to beat it at, though. Took me longer.

Funny thing is that a lot of people seem to complain about the music.

50 hours is a good time to beat it at, though. Took me longer.
I thought most people liked the music, best thing about the game by far. A lot of it has that epic feel that FF12 tried to bring out but failed.

Suppose 50 hours is good enough time, I raced through a lot of the game up until you get to
Gran Pulse
, then spent a very long time grinding flans until i could kill a staggered behemoth quick enough.

With over 9 million plus units sold, Final Fantasy VII is the most successful title in the franchise. Most of that title’s success can most likely be associated with the television spots, which showcased at the time, amazing CG cinemas unlike any that had been seen before. People went out and bought Playstations just because of these amazing cinemas, but unfortunately when they popped that first disc in the tray and booted it up there was a bit of a sad realization.

These state of the art graphics were just non-interactive cinemas albeit very pretty ones. I’m more of a fan of in game cut scenes, my favorite example of this is what Metal Gear Solid did on the Playstation. The character you were playing as looked the exact same in game as he did during the narrative portions. This tends to keep me more immersed in the game, as I find the jump from in game graphics to loading screen to CG that looks nothing like the game rather jarring.

Hated this game, sooooooooooooooooooo much. The characters we're rubbish, they all we're beyond annoying, the story was boring. It was an effort, just to complete this game.

Is it ok if I neither love it or hate it?

I mean the game had some amazing graphics and what i personally think to be the greatest battle theme tune in the whole FF series... but the characters sucked and the game was so long without towns to stop at.

well for me its a love/hate thing, i love the design and the fact that its almost class specific, even tho you can have all classes on all chars theres usualy only one or two that you use, its like that for me.

the things i hate are the story, because: it generaly sucks, you dont realy feel like youre involved with youre chars,
i dislike half of the chars, vanille: because of her voice.... can it get more annoying than that.... sazh: because of how he moves in combat..... ffs its not a dance party youre fighting dangerous mosnters, hope: because hes always complaining and when he doesnt complain he spends hes time failing instead.
well lets go on to the battles: well u need 4 buttons X (ps)/A(xbox) L1/2/LB and up/down it was a more like a button mashing gfame since auto battle could win almost all battles....

its one of the worst ff ever i rather play ff1 than this....

Love it! It feels radically different from the games that have come before it, it's spectacularly gorgeous and it has great characters. Although it isn't my favourite...X holds a special place in my heart for being the first FF that I have played.

I really hate it unfortunately.

I tried to like it, for the first 20 hours I really convinced myself I liked it... then after that I started to realise how boring it really was :(

Please FFXIII Versus, be better than this junk!

I'm sorry but this game is just too linear great graphics and I haven't completed it but its because I can't get into it I just cbb as I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything. Started playing X and already clocked 60+ hours in a week sorry but this is a very weak game in my opinion.

I actually liked this game quite a bit. It was very interesting and I didn't mind the story which a lot of people seem to dislike. The music was amazing and the characters weren't all that bad. Although Fang was definitely my favorite out of the bunch. It was quite fun to play, but it definitely wasn't my favorite one. Final Fantasy X will probably always have that spot.

I love this game, after watching my friend play it over the summer while i played hours and hours of Tales of the abyss. it has never appealed to me to play FF games i didnt find them interesting and didnt like turn based stuff. however, since i bought a PS3 i was more inclined to try it and i got drawn to it. so coming from ToA that has 70+ hours hours without any sidequests, i would have naturally not liked the game. but i was drawn to the graphics and the charming characters to the point where i was impressed. the strategy part of it is also one of the strong points where you have to adapt to win the battle. of course on the negative site i disliked the whole going from point A to B as it took away from the replay value of the game. on a final note, i think the characters were developed pretty well, i.e. loved how Reno (Sazh) was part of the VAs as well as Rachel Robinson (Fang) who i thought were brilliant bringing Aussy/American mix to the party. as for Vincent (Hope), he grew up in my home town so it was great to see some local talent getting out there. that is all.

i love this game. the graphics are awesome and the story is solid. i was upset that everyone got what they wanted except Hope and Lightning. Hope's moms dead and Lighting left all alone. The characters are independent and contribute to the story very well. The combat is new, but satisfying. It's simple do do, but hard to master. All in all, the game is graphically good, the story is solid, it's definitely worth picking up

I love it.

most of the people who dont love it, dont finished the game. some people played only chapter 1 and said, it sucks. well at the start it was hard to understand everything, but thats with ervery game. conclusion: who ffxiii hates doesnt have it or hasnt ever finished.

srry for my english

I LOVEEE IT! Some people complain about the music, but i see it as a different change of pace. I admit that some parts of the game you just had to constantly grind so you were strong enough to complete things, but that's in just about every game, so why make a big deal about it.

Back