FFX-2 FFX-2 General Discussion

alert: more home and away style bullshit served in the manner of FF10-2

yeah i remember that i'd say Gipple but it did seem more of a cousin thing
yeah i'm ganna go with Tidus there were afew hint moments in 10 that Rikku like Tidus

After a while the game got confusing far as story wise, it completely left me saying wait what? :randompoke: I totally have no idea where it goes from FFX after I got half way through the game, I mean far as continuing from FFX!

I didn't see anyone saying that it was, and if they did, well, that's up to them

I do like this game, it's different to FFX, and that's all I'm bothered about. If game after game are pumped out where the characters are exactly the same, the gameplay's the same and things like that, now that's silly. But the characters changed enough to make the game interesting. If Yuna had still been the naive young girl she'd been in FFX, people would have complained that she would have changed in 2 years- but because she has changed, people complain that she's changed too much

Well, they can't please everyone

I didn't see anyone saying that it was, and if they did, well, that's up to them

I do like this game, it's different to FFX, and that's all I'm bothered about. If game after game are pumped out where the characters are exactly the same, the gameplay's the same and things like that, now that's silly. But the characters changed enough to make the game interesting. If Yuna had still been the naive young girl she'd been in FFX, people would have complained that she would have changed in 2 years- but because she has changed, people complain that she's changed too much

Well, they can't please everyone

<<<<<<<<AAHH! I think Yuna was ok, just the fact that it was mostly girls made it seem like Charles Angles xD which isn't bad but not original and thats what I like about the FF franchise most of the games are amazing, especially when it comes to story and character design.>>>>>>>>>>>

The only reason it's like Charlie's Angels is because there's three of them and they're female. They don't go round doing exactly what some old bloke tells them to do, they make their own decisions on what to do and where to go, and how to do what they do when they get there.
And you say most of the games are amazing- but this isn't the only FF game that people have a problem with (personally I don't have a problem with any of them).
And I think it's fairly original- former summoner goes around her planet with her friends searching for spheres. I haven't seen or played anything with a similar storyline before

The only reason it's like Charlie's Angels is because there's three of them and they're female. They don't go round doing exactly what some old bloke tells them to do, they make their own decisions on what to do and where to go, and how to do what they do when they get there.
And you say most of the games are amazing- but this isn't the only FF game that people have a problem with (personally I don't have a problem with any of them).
And I think it's fairly original- former summoner goes around her planet with her friends searching for spheres. I haven't seen or played anything with a similar storyline before

Well every ones got there opinions I never said the game was bad just thought it resembled Charlie's Angels a little to much more so at the beginning because they do the whole secret agent thing! And about having a problem with the games I don't have problems with the games just have conflict understanding where things connect, like with FFX-2 it's continues on from the first right, but as you get further on in the game it start to shift to a story about two characters that resemble Tidus and Yuna I mean I don't understand where that connect to the first game? But I think they made it to try draw in more girls to play FF all though I know more girls who play it then guys which is awesome, so I don't what they were thinking when they did the three girl thing, but it still turned out to be a good game ( even though It confused me :gonk:) O and PS. When I said most I ment I haven't gotten around to playing all the FF games Just the ones from ps1 and Up so I wasn't about to judge the rest on what I have seen so Far but so far I have not been disappointed!

Some guys hate the all girl thing because they're mysogenists.

At least that is what I believe.

You can't expect guys to dominate in all fantasy games.

I'm replaying the game again and I enjoy it. Much more than I ever did FFXII.

I would buy an X-3 game if Square decided to make one. Just so long as it was character driven and not based solely upon pretty graphics.

Some guys hate the all girl thing because they're mysogenists.

At least that is what I believe.

You can't expect guys to dominate in all fantasy games.

I'm replaying the game again and I enjoy it. Much more than I ever did FFXII.

I would buy an X-3 game if Square decided to make one. Just so long as it was character driven and not based solely upon pretty graphics.

Yea I am not like that, it just was to many girls if they had just one guy It would have made me like it a whole lot more, and I mean main character wise, it's for me allows me to connect more with the story when theres a male character cause well you know it's easy for people to connect with what they know lol hard to explain! Like with FF7 Crisis Core I really connected with Zach Fair on his view on life the only character I kinda get in FFX2 was Yuna and thats only because I played FFX and know where she's coming from!

Sometimes I think people would've enjoyed this game if they'd stop comparing it to X. I'm not directing this towards anyone, i'm just speaking in general. X-2 may be a sequel to X, but both are 2 unique games and both pulls off something the other doesn't. FFX isn't the best game out there and it has it's flaws like X-2 does. Again, everything I said in this post is my opinion and i'm not trying to piss anyone off.

I heard all the "I hate the game because" ..and the charlie's angel's reference several times as well as an "I hate Paine reference"...on other forums of course and I kept asking myself why.
It didn't make sense to me.Paine is a fine character.

I grew up reading fantasy and what was then called "sword and sorcery"..stuff like Conan, Elric and Corum etc etc etc...as well as Red Sonja and other female sword swingers and while I liked the guys I also liked the gals.
To me it didn't matter who the hero was..man or woman , as long as they had the ideals I related to.

I'm not pisssed off at anybody who dislikes the game.I like it...but it doesn't bother me if others don't.
I just like to try to understand why.

Yea I understand what you 2 are saying, I loved the game I play games just for the story, I guess I am just used to having atleast one guy with a huge sword behind him but the game gets 9 out of 10 to me because it didn't have Tidus come back I like Tidus he reminds me of my best friend xD Hot head who just jumps into a fight! :yuna::tidus: thats the way it should be! ;)

I'm a big fan of the fast and simplistic battles in this game. It's cool that the characters actually look more like the role they are suppose to play, thanks to the dress-sphere system.

Some of the storyline situations remind me of a quirky cartoon instead of the slightly more serious story that was X, however.

But that's the point, isn't it? It's not meant to be as serious as X, because in X, Yuna had that huge responsibility hanging over her throughout the whole game, which is absent in X-2, so she's going to be enjoying herself more, knowing that she's not heading step by step towards an untimely death...

I agree, it did tend to be a bit more "Look, I can wear short shorts and look, I HAVE TITS" *giggles and runs off*.

But seriously, it wasn't a serious game until chapter 3, that's when it started on the more dramatic stuff. Until then it was just casual messing about with a bit of angst on the side. Chapters 3 and 5 are my favourite of the lot though, I HATE 4, and 1 and 2 are dull because i've played so many times now.

I don't really like 4- "look, we're doing a show, and by the way, you can't go train this chapter" was it basically, at least in my mind

I think I agree with you on terms of best chapters.

Chapter 4 is the devil's work, it's awful for a 100% game, it really.. really..really is. Whoever's bright idea it was to do that needs to be shot in the foot repeatedly.
I love 3 because it's when it starts to open up, and the aeon fights are ace, let alone all the dresspheres you start getting. (Trainer. <3)

5's when you really start kicking ass, the only thing I don't like is doing Via Infinito, i'v done it 4 times to date. It's.. even with Cat Nip + Haste bangle + Highroad Winds GG it's still awful.

I've never got to the end of that thing- the highest level I've ever been to was 76...
And I don't have the game, or a PS2 at the moment, so I can't go and try to make my way up to it either. Boo.

I hate Chapter 4 too. I always wished there was some way I could skip Chapter 4 altogether. I probably would've like if it weren't for that CommSphere crap and the mission where you have to chase Tobli around the Moonflow. Chapter 4 was just a pain arse. :rage:
I agree that Chapter 3 and 5 are the best chapters in the game. Chapter 2 was pretty cool too.

Back