Exploring the world map

do you find exploring the world map fun or not?

• yes, that's what final fantasy is all about!

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • nope, it's pretty tiring to me...

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
I found it fun to explore in the first place, I thougth it was gonna be bigger but it's was great, The only game where i actually had fun exploring the map was Dragon Quest 8

I think it did get alittle tedious after you explored it 1,000 times, I did have loads of fun beating the shit out of the Midgar Zolom when I got lvl 99 though.

Since I very much enjoy the main storyline, I find myself getting annoyed with exploring the world map. I understand that in order to get farther in the game, it is a necessity to level up your characters through random battles, and the only way to get certain items and lots of gil is through exploring the map. I just get bored with it quite easily.

hmm exploring every nook and cranny of an rpg to witness what the heck is out there for it to hold. hmm great great times me enjoy very much.

It was fun to begin with, y'know finding all the hidden places and such, but then it got boring knowing where everything was and now that I look at it, there really weren't that many secret places to explore. I would have prefered a bigger world map to explore, personally.

Ive always wondered if theres a game where the world map is so gigantic that youll never explore it all! If anyone knows such a thing please tell me about it!

the only place i know to look would be the online type games. they have the most expansive areas as far as i know.

ya i guess itd be boring after ahwile of knowing where everything there is is, but besides half the fun of finding the stuff is the path on obtaining huh. i find the journey itself fun as well. and yes i agree that a bigger world map is better, but they can only make it but so big.

I really liked the world map. This was my first RPG, so I didn't know if it was "too small" or "too big." It felt just right to me. Actually, the first time I played the game I missed Gongaga completely. Don't ask me how. I never completed that file, anyway. It was accidentally deleted from my memory card while I was in Temple of the Ancients.

I really liked the world map. This was my first RPG, so I didn't know if it was "too small" or "too big." It felt just right to me.
Same here. But looking back, I'd say it was....the better of the maps out there. I may have actually missed some secret places, but then I'd say, "I've explored enough to become a master, but not enough to become a perfect master."

I really enjoyed exploring the world map.I spent a great deal of time exploring with the Highwind before going to the final Sephiroth fight.

For me, the ability to explore these worlds is one of my favourite aspects of FF games. Making decisions about which path I take and where to go makes me feel almost like I'm a part of these worlds - like I'm more than just a blind participant who goes where the storyline takes him.

I really enjoyed exploring the world map.I spent a great deal of time exploring with the Highwind before going to the final Sephiroth fight.

For me, the ability to explore these worlds is one of my favourite aspects of FF games. Making decisions about which path I take and where to go makes me feel almost like I'm a part of these worlds - like I'm more than just a blind participant who goes where the storyline takes him.

Yeah, I did that same thing, It is fun to explore a world map, whether it is small, you will probably not know until having explored it entirely.:lol:

I've always liked exploring world maps on rpg's. I am actually kind of angry that the last 3 FF's that Square put out has not had them.

It's my favorite part of the game in every game! I can't wait till I am let loose!!! the best is when you get the aircraft in the game! WOOT!!

I like exploring in most games although the negative thing in this one was there wasn't that much to find except for some little areas and was quite linear in where you could go, although I know this is meant to help guide the player through the game it's still annoying. I've seen worse though (and at least it had one) but some maps (like the astounding one found in DQ8s) are better designed.

Back