Nintendo DS or Wii?

DS or Wii?

• Buy Nintendo Wii

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Get Nintendo DS

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wii Fit is like exercise only you look stupider doing it even if you're wearing your regular clothes. Get a DS. It's got an amazing upcoming lineup and a great number of really good games for it already: Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, The World Ends With You, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Disgaea, Mega Man ZX, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Kirby Super Star Ultra, New Super Mario Bros., Trauma Center: Under the Knife, the Phoenix Write & Appollo Justice games, etc...

The lineup is only getting bigger & meatier with a Suikoden, a Valkyrie Profile, a Tales of..., a Phantasy Star, a Shining Force, several more Dragon Quests (including the next installment), and even a sequel to the XBOX RPG Blue Dragon all on the horizon (Valkyrie Profile: The Accused One & Tales of Hearts are both already out in Japan as of now)...

The DS is shaping up to be the RPG powerhouse console of this generation...

Last edited:
How will it be better?

- It has a poor camera built in
- A rather lousy browser I heard. I thought consoles were meant for gaming, too many consoles seem to want to be multimedia these days, and Nintendo seem to want to follow the crowd.
- It is NOT region free. In some aspect..
- Bigger screens. So....what? IF I have heard right though, both screens will be touch screen, so I guess it is a plus...
- No GBA slot. So, any chance of playing GBA games, goes right out the window.

It's NOT going to be more amazing then the DS. A lot of people are not entirely wowed over by this...DSi, for reasons I've just stated. A lot see these changes as...inefficient reasons to buy them.

It would probably appeal more to some newish gamer, someone who hasn't been playing for years on other consoles.

Hey, I've been playing video games for 17 years, played my first video game; Super Mario Bros., when I was just 2 years of age, I am not a "newish" gamer. :P

So it has pros and cons... Well, really I just wanted this one more person to own a Wii and copy of Brawl, but if everybody else thinks the DS, just because of portability, and some little screen smacking goodness (touch screen, and frustrated gamers. :lol:), alright, it is a perfectly good system...

But the screens aren't exactly big, and the graphics are nothing to write home about either, but of course I like the fact that it is handheld, I take it with me quick and easily when going somewhere a ways away to visit, so I could at least play it some during the drive there and back.

Anyways, I am not going to suggest NDS before Wii, since my favourite video game of all time is for it exclusively, but you'll be happy with either, that's all, it is really your decision.

And I already one of the original NDS models (and by that I mean not DS Lite), so I can still have the benefits of an other model of DS with the GBA slot, and the one with the Internet Browser.

Seriously, the Internet connection it has for that browser has to be better than my Dial-Up, which is usually around 37.2 kbps... >_< It is faster than that, right...?

...As I said, it would probably appeal MORE to newish gamers. Meaning, it would probably be liked more by non traditional gamers. You know, people starting out.
Not by them 100%

So it has pros and cons... Well, really I just wanted this one more person to own a Wii and copy of Brawl, but if everybody else thinks the DS, just because of portability, and some little screen smacking goodness (touch screen, and frustrated gamers. :lol:), alright, it is a perfectly good system...

Right..

As for internet speed...there's some major issues.

Check this article out:

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/926/926277p1.html

Okay. Don't really want to argue over which system is better to get now, so being able to play video games anywhere in the palm of your hands is just too cool for words, so I guess it has got to be the system of choice.

Get a chance to buy a Nintendo DS? Take it! It is an excellent system, which many very good, fun games (not that the Wii doesn't have it's fair share of 'em too...), you can't lose getting that system, you would get much enjoyment out of it for years to come, I know I have. ;)

Wii Fit

I say wii because Wii Fit and Cookin' Mama, those games are awesome! The DS is alright lookin' but I say Wii, it has a very wide variety of games too ^^

Figures. I give in, now everyone is going to say Wii. XD Well, either one is great, so don't worry too much, you can't pick the "wrong" system, you'd have a lot of fun with either one, you can rest assured of that. ;)

DS. Very handy, especially on trips, doctor's offices, etc. Plus, it does have alot of good games for it (Wario Touched! is just plain addictive)... and you can play GameBoy Advance games with it. :D

I will admit, the Wii is kinda cool though. Not every games takes advantage of it's... capabilities though. Mario Galaxy is fun. XP

Yeah. Dang, that Luigi's Purple Coins one is tough as heck. >_< I love the challenge that game presents though, too many games can just be blown through completely quite easily nowadays. :/

But yeah, as just stated above, the NDS is great for trips, it passes the time away on the way to and from your destination, so you can at least have fun playing your DS, even if what the trip you may be having to make isn't fun... XD

Both have their strong and weak points.

In general I'd say go for the DS. It's backwards compatible to a decent extent and it's portable. So if you had older games you can most likely play them unless they're GBC I believe it was. Also, it has it's own screen, it's own light and easily charged (no more of those pesky battery problems like the past model).

The Wii is nice too. It's different but more of a multi-player system. I like the Virtual Console though in case you missed out on some good games the first time around. There are very limited good games for this system atm.

Both connect to the internet and are multi-player. So. ^_^ Yeah. I'd go with the DS and then if I had the money Wii second.

I'd get a DS over a Wii at the moment. Unless you're planning on spending hours on multiplayer games, the Wii doesn't have THAT much to offer at the moment that is brand new. Once the Wii has some more decent and original games on it, my opinion will probably change, but as things stand right now, the majority of the Wii's gaming library is 3rd party crap that isn't any fun if you're playing by yourself.
The DS, on the other hand...its been out for longer, so it has a greater variety of games, as you would expect. You can go online with the DS as well, so you're not losing out if you like to play multiplayer games every now and then. In my opinion, the games are better, as well.

I don't think I'm even going to get a Nintendo DSi anymore, after reading an article entitled "DSi vs Internet" at IGN, it says that surfing the web with it is "pure torture". >_<

I was planning on getting it mainly for the built in Internet Browser, but since it is so problematic, I am just sticking with the DS I have.

So I'd suggest not waiting for a DSi now, the best thing about it may just be it's biggest disappointment, so DS Lite is probably the way to go, even though I, however, just have the first iteration of the DS, cba to wait to see if and when a new and improved model of it would come out. <_<

Back