Draw

It was different and took some getting used to, but it was a nice variety. Even if it's not my favorite, it's better than being completely redundant throughout the entire series. What I didn't like though,was that it seemed like magic was an item, and you have a certain number of "magics." That idea sounds stupid to me, but the system was alright.

imo one of the more less entertaining systems, I prefer the materia-system way over this, the FFIX equiping abilities and learning abilties due to equipment was fun but maybe that was cuz you got loads of variety in the equipment. The FFX sphere grid was very nice and the esper stuff with FFVI was kinda cool.

I didnt like the part that FFVIII had sucha msall amount of equipment only thing equipping was that every character had about 5 different weapons and that's it.

Also a - is that you could only have 32 diff spells, I found that a bit annoying.

i likedthe idea of drawing magic from creatures but i think it should bedifferent magic spells like rarer odd ones and it should have nothing to do with your stats that sucked

wo when i first though of openin this thread i thought every one would hate it
coz every one i asked face to face thought it was the worst part of any FF game

I thought drawing magic from enemies was okay, it is useful if you want to stock up on certain magic that you like to use, and to get GF's, but other than that, drawing magic can be a bit..boring, just having to do it over and over again until you get how much you need, but that's just me. xD

Drawing was alright, but I do prefer the MP loss-lag.
Running out of Mp makes it even more challenging. It's so easy to refine magic in this game.

I think it is okay but I still prefer the usual MP. Mainly because I find that I will do anything to avoid using magic in FFVIII since once I have used it, it's gone. After a boss fight and if I have used quite a few Curaga's then I would need to find and draw for awhile or if not Curaga's, then I would have to find and draw Cura's and refine them into Curaga's then draw more Cura's which would take longer. Good idea but time consuming.

I personally loved it. It was a new unique way of doing things and i think it worked out perfectly. Yes it took a while but when u get a little ways through the game you can refine most magic. I used magic all the time in this game, it didn't usually take that long to replace it. And you don't have to get 100 of everything. There were lots of magics that i didn't need to junction to anything so i didn't bother getting them.

I thought the Drawing/Junction system was great. Junction magic to a character was no problem. Using items to convert to whatever spell, and then increasing whatever stats. Woohoo no MP use, not spending money on spells, and not spending money on or worrying about ethers.

The only down side to it was gaining it from bosses. It's because I hate wasting turns, using 'draw' as a ability or drawing a single spell. Also most of the magic in FFVIII was completely useless. The only spells I remember using for juction was quake, for HP (it was cheap to get :P), Pain for status immune, and ulitma. It was a pain getting 100 ultima from Ultima weapon.

Last edited:
It's the interesting concept that Square thought up that never really works. There is 2 main disavantages/problems to this system 1. Once you use the spells there gone. ( Which is the main reason this system is so boring who wants to go out of the way to get another 100 Curaga) 2. You have to junction the spells right on to you stats. ( Which also is totally unfair cause when you use a cure spell or strength spell your health and strength go down.)

Which basically forces you to buy Potion's and collect the Weapons monthly and gain the ultimate weapons and that in my opinion is unfair.

I liked it because it was a change. I didn't have to "Learn" a spell for once, but could simply just take it from whomever basically. You could soup up your characters pretty quick and breeze through the game though, so it did sort of take away from the overall challenge of it.

The Draw system though, wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it and am glad they fit it in nicely with FFVIII.

Back