Advent Children Do you think they should've stopped here?

GunbladeGirl

Ex-Soldier
Gil
In my opinion,they should've just stopped FF7 after Advent Children.Then there could've just been FF7:The PS1 game,and FF7AC:The movie sequel to the game.But then they had to make all this other stuff before,and in the middle,and even after AC.I LOVE FF7,but,to me,I think after the game and AC we pretty much get what happened.Maybe if they stopped after AC,they could've focused more on FFXIII's compilation or something.

Last edited:
They should've stopped at the game.

Instead of trying to come up with new stuff for a chapter that had been pretty satisfactorily closed for years (which they would have kept closed, if they didn't see the profit potential), they should focus more on their new games.

I don't approve of the Compilation methods they're doing. I think that turns quickly into several "meh" pieces of merch, when it could've been a single truly good game.

I agree with eisprinz, they shouldnt have even made AC.

VII had a wonderful ending:

The planet decides that humanity is not in its best interest, so it uses Holy and the Life Stream to wipe out humanity, leaving Red's species and the rest of the flora and fauna alive.

The game doesnt come right out and show this, but it can be gathered from the ending and the 500 Years Later ending, where everything in the Midgar area is sunny and full of vegetation. If you noticed in the game, not only was the ground scorched and barren around Midgar, but the air was densely polluted. It would take quite a long absence of humans (shall we say, about 500 years) for the effects to be reversed.

Then along came AC and completely ruined it.

Actually...

I agree with eisprinz, they shouldnt have even made AC.

VII had a wonderful ending:

The planet decides that humanity is not in its best interest, so it uses Holy and the Life Stream to wipe out humanity, leaving Red's species and the rest of the flora and fauna alive.

The game doesnt come right out and show this, but it can be gathered from the ending and the 500 Years Later ending, where everything in the Midgar area is sunny and full of vegetation. If you noticed in the game, not only was the ground scorched and barren around Midgar, but the air was densely polluted. It would take quite a long absence of humans (shall we say, about 500 years) for the effects to be reversed.

Then along came AC and completely ruined it.

I think the notion that humanity gets wiped out is possible, but not necessarily the only option.

Another scenario of that last scene might be to imply that humanity learned to respect the Planet.

I'd personally go with the idea that humanity gets erased, due to the fact that it shows Red XIII and no humans in the end video, but I'm just making a counterpoint that I find plausible.

I think the notion that humanity gets wiped out is possible, but not necessarily the only option.

Another scenario of that last scene might be to imply that humanity learned to respect the Planet.

I'd personally go with the idea that humanity gets erased, due to the fact that it shows Red XIII and no humans in the end video, but I'm just making a counterpoint that I find plausible.

Oh i know, it's not fact, i just like to think that it is cuz it's my favorite idea and it's not cliche xD

You always hear in movies and games after a near-apocalyptic event something like "humankind is a young species, they'll learn to get along and respect the planet" and crap like that. The theme of hope is nice, but i much prefer an ending of "humanity dies, nature returns to a normal, peaceful state."

To answer the question, yes, I think they should have stopped. And I just might agree with eisprinz too, maybe they shouldn't have even made AC?

But none the less, they have definitley milked FFVII quite a bit...they've made little novelles...AC...a couple anime's....I think at one point even a manga.

Yeah, they've definitley milked the shit out of FFVII's popularity.

Yeah, they've definitley milked the shit out of FFVII's popularity.

And yet countless fanboys buy the crap. They wont stop milking VII until all these idiotic "VII it teh 1337 RPG ftw!" fans grow up and realize that VII isnt the best thing to happen to mankind since toilet paper.

and realize that VII isnt the best thing to happen to mankind since toilet paper.

Obviously, FFVII is the best thing to happen since sliced bread ;)

But yes i agree, they should have stopped after AC. DoC wasn't neccessary, infact their just using that to whore out vincents popularity.

And they're not even being original either, in Before Crises A turk falls through Aeriths Church Roof, in Crises Core Zack does and in FFVII Cloud does.... If i were Aerith i'd seriously consider moving..

But yes, theres only so much i want to know about FFVII - i prefered it when it was all up to interpretation, and there used to be debates about whether humanity died or survived and all that...

Obviously, FFVII is the best thing to happen since sliced bread ;)

But yes i agree, they should have stopped after AC. DoC wasn't neccessary, infact their just using that to whore out vincents popularity.

And they're not even being original either, in Before Crises A turk falls through Aeriths Church Roof, in Crises Core Zack does and in FFVII Cloud does.... If i were Aerith i'd seriously consider moving..

But yes, theres only so much i want to know about FFVII - i prefered it when it was all up to interpretation, and there used to be debates about whether humanity died or survived and all that...

No, sliced milk is the best thing to happen since sliced bread.

I feel sorry for Vinny, i mean his american voice actor is the same guy who does auron! Every damn time Vinny speaks i see Auron, not Vinny! Plus Cait Sith sounds Scottish and you have the stereotypical buff Russian woman.

Wow...falling through a roof...how original...

And now everyone has debates about who Cloud should be with, Tifa or deceased Aerith -__-;

And now everyone has debates about who Cloud should be with, Tifa or deceased Aerith -__-;

See, before AC was announced the LTD was more equal because logically, BOTH women were dead.

but no. with the release of AC and Clerith and Cloti fans begging for more they make Case of Tifa and Maiden of the planet to make both ships happy...before they started disecting each others book D:

AC is a great film, and it does explain a LOT about the characters in FFVII, but i could have lived without it. same with DoC...which i still have to buy XD but i have no intention of doing so...

and i edited the thread title from "stopped here" to "stopped After AC" just so its that little bit clearer ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
See, before AC was announced the LTD was more equal because logically, BOTH women were dead.

but no. with the release of AC and Clerith and Cloti fans begging for more they make Case of Tifa and Maiden of the planet to make both ships happy...before they started disecting each others book D:

AC is a great film, and it does explain a LOT about the characters in FFVII, but i could have lived without it. same with DoC...which i still have to buy XD

If both women are dead it makes such a wonderful tragedy. Happy endings are laaaaame <.<

Oh well...thank you SE for ruining a classic. If they make a sequel to IX i will strap bombs to myself and blow up their North American headquarters.

I think they should have stopped right at the game. We don't need all these ridiculous sequels and prequels.

I always liked the idea that humanity was wiped out at the end of the game. Wouldn't have mattered since I would expect that everything that returns to the lifestream would come back out eventually. XD

I always liked the idea that humanity was wiped out at the end of the game. Wouldn't have mattered since I would expect that everything that returns to the lifestream would come back out eventually. XD

Haha, i know. Frankly i'd rather have a movie or whatever about the 500 years later thing. I'm not sure they COULD do a movie about it, but it'd be cool to learn about Red's kids and stuff.

I do believe Square enix should have stopped. Advent Children was a terrible movie but it was fun to watch. I didn't see a reason for it, other than whoring out FF7. I can live without AC or any of the sequels.

I'm worried about Crisis core. I know it's going to have a stupid ending. It's probably going to be something like: Genesis is a protocol of Sephiroth or Sephiroth's brother. It's getting to be ridiculous. Square keeps adding characters which ruining the original story. Oh, and really....Gackt as Genesis!? Come on!

I agree that stopping after the game would've been sufficient for me. But I can also understand that, since it was such a huge series, Squeenix probably wanted to make as much money as they could by milking the hell out of it and delivering to the fans who wanted more.

I'm actually looking forward to Crisis Core, however. That game seems like it's worth the time and money.

Oh, and really....Gackt as Genesis!? Come on!

Gackt in a game = game is just fluff, like DoC and Bujingai

I'm actually looking forward to Crisis Core, however. That game seems like it's worth the time and money.

I'm guessing the cutscenes and characters and everything will just plain SUCK ass. However, from what i saw in the trailer, it looks to be like Kingdom Hearts...so maaaybe the fighting system will at least be redeemable.

Back