Do You Play FFXI?

GuardianAngel

How do you like me now?
Gil
Do you play FFXI? Whats your character name, what server are you on? and what jobs do you have?

My Characters are

Darktrey Male Elvaan on Asura
DRK:40
RDM:30
WAR:30
NIN:30

Kradyert Tarutaru on Asura
BLM:75
WHM:40
BRD:20
MNK:17
WAR:20

Last edited:
Reshasha, Tarutaru . Midgardsormr
Summoner 75
Black Mage 75
White Mage 75
Bard 66
Red Mage 37
Ninja 23
Beastmaster 20

Katrina, Hume . Hades
White Mage 64
Summoner 30
Black Mage 17

Capricious, Mithra . Midgardsormr
White Mage 66
Black Mage 30
Summoner 15

Last edited:
Loser: SAM75, bunch of others.
Kannon: THF75, SAM75, NIN75, so many other job lvls probably around 600 collectively. (Not currently in control of, was first char, and is a friends at the moment)
Both on Remora, although Kannon was born on Kujata.

Miakyo - Male Hume - Alexander
75 Paladin
52 Warrior
60 Dragoon
32 Ninja
32 Monk

Currently taking some time off FFXI. The amount of drama that actually occurs on an MMORPG is rather distressing, and I'm not fond of it whatsoever.

The game itself however, and select friends I have made on the game make it equally worthwhile.

I'll probably be making a return to it at the end of this month.

I'm currently trying to get FF11. If I do get it, I know I'll be on Carbuncle because my friend is on that world, and I don't feel like playing n00b so, I'll sorta use him as a mentor and power lvler.

I Play FFXI im the one Zal is talking about ^^;

World: Carbuncle
Name: Akamara
Race: Elvaan
Sex: Male
Nation: San d'Oria Rank 6

Highest lvl is Paladin at 60 i have a few 30's 4 20's bunch of tens

started around June of 06 took a month break in November

I gave this a go online but couldnt get it to work well with my pc , low GC , recently I saw it is also available via XBOX live game, is it true that PS2 have also got a game that can connect you to the net? I have been told this, but cannot find a disk anywhere ???

I gave this a go online but couldnt get it to work well with my pc , low GC , recently I saw it is also available via XBOX live game, is it true that PS2 have also got a game that can connect you to the net? I have been told this, but cannot find a disk anywhere ???

Ok, while u might find the disk, i don't recommend it for PS2. the game is $100 USD (Game and PS2 hard disk) and It has no expansions, and the only expansion i've found for the PS2 version is Treasures of Aht Urgan. but if you live in the US, I know it is at this site, but it still costs $100. I would just recommend the Xbox 360 version, since you can just upgrade to next-gen and have this awesome game.
www.walmart.com [where PS2 version is found, just search for Final Fantasy 11]

There is a PlayStation 2 version, and you are able to get all of the expansions as well. However, it will cost a lot more money to get started than the others. Also, you'd probably have to hunt down the pieces off the internet as most stores don't carry the expansions or hardware anymore.

The downside to the Xbox 360 is that you'd have to have Xbox Live. If you already have that, kudos. If not, that's the most expensive way to play. You'd be better off just upgrading your graphics card.

Name-Symphaniz
Server-Hades
Race-Elvaan
Job-Warrior-Lvl 13

BTW, for the 360 version you only need XBL Silver Edition which is free. Also the game is free monthly I believe on the 360 version. You don't need a very good computer to play FFXI anyway. An old Radeon should be good enough to play. I used to play on an old Compaq presario before I got my desktop.

Odin Server--
Wolfwood:
73Summoner
71Paladin
38Warrior
37White Mage
28Beastmaster
25Ninja
20Thief
And less than 20lvl jobs.

My mules:
Vashsama (Vash-sama!)
5Warrior lol

Pokemoneater (Pokemon Eater!)
1 Monk :P

I'm on brief hiatus from FFXI but when I'm there, you'll find me as the Mithran Monk Angeladark on Fenrir server, my jobs are too long to list, but they are all unlocked and at least level 10, my three highest are MNK 39, WAR 37 and WHM 38.

I was Grieverao from Hades

65SAM
37THF
37WAR
40WHM
among other crappy lvls.

Decided to quit FFXI as it fucking killed my social life and nearly my home life.

Too many hour to dedicate to it.

My sig shows my best bits and for those that do not know the Peacock Amulet not the Peacock Charm was a damn great achievement.

Quit in Jan '07 and never looking back.

Aso I was the lowest lvl on Hades and across the EU to have defeated Kirin.

I don't play it. It is trying to pull a WoW motif and it just doesn't work. I do like the concept of playing with multiple people online and using spells from FFgames, but FF games were not designed to be played this way.

I don't play it. It is trying to pull a WoW motif and it just doesn't work. I do like the concept of playing with multiple people online and using spells from FFgames, but FF games were not designed to be played this way.

I lol'd at that.

FFXI > WoW

WoW is more of a kids game, I played both to an end-game extent and FFXI beats.

Nevertheless all I have is my opinion and a bucket of time.

Can I have your bucket of time? I don't seem to have much of that. -_-

There is no end to the game. Even when you reach "end-game" status you still will never "beat" the game.

The great thing about it is that you decide how far you wanna take it. I chose to take it where I have completed my v.1 Artifact Armour, got access to Sky and took part in killing one of the hardest monsters in the game, Kirin. But End-game provides it's own challenges in the attendance you need to futher your progress. Something with my family and work and life, I couldn't sacrifice for an online game.

This is a game where no matter how much independance you think you have, you can't get a lot done on your own. A lot relies in teamwork and strategy and yeah it sounds fun at first, but when you have been trying to make an exp party for 2 hours and still not got an invite yourself and you have 30 mins before you need to log off. Some dumbass starts messing up the party your trying to build and thus creating one more non-prductive day.

Great game, problem is other people's personalities, while good, can hinder your progress.

Back