Do you guys like to read?

I enjoy reading, as an English major, it's frowned upon if we don't. My favourite genre used to be science fiction & mythology, however my interests have grown to cover politics, philosophy, and I'm not ashamed to admit it romance. What about you, young woman? What do you like to read, if at all you do?

I read a lot. It's one of my favorite things to do.

I like Thomas Hardy. Jude the Obscure was my favorite. I like Alfred Lord Tennyson a lot, and Baudelaire, and William Blake.

I read some Mythology stuff, Edith Hamilton's Mythology, Joseph Campbell's the Hero With A Thousand Faces, and Frazier's The Golden Bough.

I also really liked Nietzche's Beyond Good and Evil, and Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling, and William Jame's Pragmatism.

For science fiction I've only read some stuff by Robert Heinlein and Philip K Dick.

For philosophy I've only read a book called The Story of Philosophy and one called Basic Teachings in Philosophy.

Oh, I also like Herman Hesse, and stuff about King Arthur.

I just kinda skimmed this thread, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

clive cussler books, can't get enough of his Dirk Pitt Novels, plus fantasy and adventure novels

Now not so mutch anymore,the Time is never enough to sitt down and read a good book.
But between 14 and 15 i've read every single book i could get in my hands.

I read most of the time (about 12hr/day) as I'm teaching myself engineering

I love books! Even those non-fiction ones. Engineering is also a good career choice if you ask me so good luck with that Skirnir.

I've been pretty interested in Fiction by Japanese authors of late. Like, I've read a lot of Ryu Murakami's novels which are really good. Currently I'm reading Asleep by Banana Yoshimoto. I know, you can laugh, get it out of your system. so far though, I really like it

Im doing a creative writing and identity course, so I have to do my fav share of reading. However I only read books that interest me. We had to read some that just didnt appeal to me like Toast by Nigel Slater and Eye in the Door by Pat Baker.

I love fantasy novels and the odd vampire one too. Like my grandmother I read about 6 books at a time! Ive been a fan of books since I was a child, I was mad on books. And Im going to have a library in my own home someday. Just a room dedicated to my books!

I only read books in German and French because I feel like they help me grow as a person. I got sick of books written in English a long time ago, so now I'm trying something new. ^_^

I've always loved reading, and I'm usually always reading something or other, even if it's just a book I've read many times before. I enjoy reading when on the bus to and from work etc, it's a nice way to pass the time. I don't have a particular type of book I like, but I do like authors like Terry Pratchett, John Irving, Anne Tyler and Bill Bryson. Also JD Salinger and Donna Tartt are both fantastic.

Sure, I like to read books. Right now, I'm reading Things Fall Apart and Lord of the Flies for my English class.

The types of books I usually read in my free time are usually fantasy/sci-fi. I've read the first four Harry Potter books (lost interest after that) and some Star Wars novels.

My favorite book, though is Battle Royal.

Battle Royale is one of my favorite movies, I didn't know it was based on a book :O One learns something new every day :P

I hope they have it in either French or German..

'Captain Corelli's mandolin' by Louis de Berniéres is a great read as is anything by Terry Pratchett. I also love 'The shadow of the wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.

Back