Did you get lucky at the final battle?

Definitely the hardest boss to beat in all of FF (Sorry Sephy!), I mean I don't know how many times it takes me to beat this lady :gonk: I still have only beat the game a few times to this day...kinda funny huh.

I definitely got lucky with this my first time, and the other time I just converted cards for rare items.

I don't remember having much trouble, but that's the thing about VIII, Aura + Meltdown = Win.
Once you get to that point, the only real challenges of the game are Omega and Ultima Weapon, but that's mostly Omega due to the moveset he has, but he has a set pattern, so, with planning he's not that bad.
Anyway, I digress.
The only problems I remember having with Ultimecia would be the sheer amount of time it sometimes took to kill her final form. (without spamming Aura/limit breaks)
That's the thing though, if you just spam limit breaks you've got 99.9% of the boss battles figured out, I still think this is an awesome game though. :hmmm:

I actually beat her on my first try.

All of the forms definitely scared me a bit, but I had learned the Aura spamming technique by then, so I was set.

I actually used the same three characters throughout the whole story, so having the game pick three random people for you wasn't a problem for me. I just let her kill off my extra characters and beat her with my three mains.

imiistheoldffgames that same thing happened to me exept it was quistis and not selphie lol, tha last limit break. and it was i think 10th try with the boss.

I love that limit break. When The End popped up I was like :hmmm: that sounds intriguing. It actually came up twice in different sections of the battle. Just having Selphie makes that battle so much easier in itself, since here cure-all limit break is also fantastic. I believe having Rinoa makes it a ton easier too cuz Angelo can Invisible Moon (which he does most the time). So I think choice of character can give you some extra luck. This battle is easy if you plan it strategically.

I love that limit break. When The End popped up I was like :hmmm: that sounds intriguing. It actually came up twice in different sections of the battle. Just having Selphie makes that battle so much easier in itself, since here cure-all limit break is also fantastic. I believe having Rinoa makes it a ton easier too cuz Angelo can Invisible Moon (which he does most the time). So I think choice of character can give you some extra luck. This battle is easy if you plan it strategically.
Selphie was always in my party when i played she also has one called rapture that is beast.

I thought the last boss was actually quite easy, although I admit that I saw my brother complete the game countless times.....my 3 main characters were lv. 100 and I had 100 pulse ammo ( mainly farmed from the elnoyle in Laguna's city ) as soon as Irvine was in the yellow hp region, either from the damage sustained from ultimecia or from squall hitting him ''accidentally'' just unleash the hyper shot barrage......But I aggree with the other guys about having selphie in the party for her maga healing ability ( saved my butt countless times against omega.....or ultima??) oh.....Squall's Lionheart came in handy the other times when I didn't have pulse ammo to spare =)
( Sorry guys.....)

Not I, said the fly...

I really had it easy with Squall, Zell, and Irvine when I got to the final set of battles. Holy Wars hol[, a lot. That and Aura, makes Ultimecia look weaker than Ifrit. Seriously, being prepared has made VIII almost too easy at times.

lol One of the easiest battles ever (for a ending battle). I didnt even mean to beat it. I started to battle just to see how strong it was. To know what i was getting myself into. Well 10 or so min into it i won! I wasnt mentally ready to end the game at that point, so the game being over was a little disappointing.

I have to be honest i hardly remember how my first fight with Ultimecia went but i think i defeated her on my first try, it's been 8 years:/

The reason i defeated her the first time was because my party was really weak during my first walkthrough, i remember i restarted the game after reaching Lunatic Pandora because i couldn't defeat Adel. I only had four summons Shiva, Quezacolt, Ifrit and Bahamut and my characters were all around level 30 to 40 i believe, i hardly had any decent magic and i don't think i had anything good junctioned either cause their HP and stats were nothing special.

So i only got to Ultimecia during my second try at the game and i was a lot better then the 1st time playing the game, i discovered that i could draw summons from bosses and so i had all summons except for Eden, Tonberry and Doomtrain and i maxed three of my characters to level 100 (Squall, Zell and Quistis i believe) while Irvine was like level 30 and Selphie and Rinoa were bellow 40. I think Irvine, Rinoa and someone else (maybe Quistis?) died during my battle with Ultimecia so it wasn't an easy victory at all but thanks to Zells limit break and aura i was able to beat all her forms on the first time that i fought her. Not sure if i was lucky or not i guess i was since i would be in trouble if the starting three were Irvine, Selphie and Rinoa since i didn't even had anything junctioned to them so i went crazy when i understood that the characters were selected randomly to battle Ultimecia and if i remember right from the begining i had Squall, Quistis and Rinoa. So two of your best characters from the begining is lucky i suppose.

And from there on i started using a guide to complete the sidequests and stuff like that and naturally i learned more and more and got all my characters bulked up, so ever since my third playthrough Ultimecia as been a weakling i must say.

I have gotten reasonably lucky on the final battle before, but never so lucky as the time I defeated every single one of her guardians at single digit HP without taking ANY damage thanks to repeat invincible moons.

I also summoned Gilgy like 12 times in those fights, and he always used Zan, which was like 'Thanks, but do something that does damage. Even Excalipoor, man.'

I had lionhart with a maximum 9999 Damage aspect with each hit so she wasnt much of a threat also with the shooting star. and i had 99 Aura's along with some other powerful magics. i loved this game from the start and collected everything

You know i had know life when i first played this xD
hah

Back