Gabranth

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Bomb
Bomb
Bomb
Bomb
Bit late on the bandwagon, but I couldn't find a thread about this game so I decided to post this.
Is anyone else as hyped as I am about a new main series DMC game? After rebooting the series in the format of DmC - which in all honesty was a 'decent-ish' game...I lost hope in the continuation of the main series. :( Then a trailer at E3 appeared about this game and I just couldn't believe my eyes! xD I've played every game and probably clocked around 300 hours in total just to complete it on the hardest difficulty (DMC known for its fiendish difficulty), the soundtrack of 1, 3 and 4 is incredible: a cyber/punk/rock theme to the songs. One track has been released and well....here ya go: :monster:

Not sure how the story will progress...but I am hoping that they have separate campaigns for each of the three characters; Dante (the main character of the series) took a backseat role in DMC4 which put off the game a little. I am also hoping that they flesh the characters more so than in DMC4 and not change the personality that Dante has. If they choose the route that Resident Evil went down in 5 and 6, I will be disappointed to say the least.

So anyone else here interested in this? Lets here your thoughts! :monster:

New Devil May Cry 5 Details, Story Focused On Nero

Dengeki Online has posted an interview with Devil May Cry 5 director Hideaki Itsuno and the game's producers Matt Walker and Michiteru Okabe where the group talks about the game's reveal trailer and the characters within it. Thanks to forum ResetEra and user Sesha for translation.

Devil May Cry 5 started development a year before Devil May Cry 4 SE's release in 2014, so the game has been in development for four years so far. The game's mission structure will be fairly similar to previous games, though Itsuno says they have made some small changes to the overall structure.

The game is going to focus primarily on Nero, who commanded half the attention in 2008's Devil May Cry 4, and his life after meeting Dante. That said, Itsuno points out that Dante and the enigmatic third character on the game's box will play deep roles in the game. While they shied away from detailing him in either identity or mechanics, it was pointed out that the mysterious character has no weapons on the box art. Itsuno says that players will eventually understand the reason for this in the story. There is also a story reason Dante has a beard, besides him just being older.

Itsuno made it a goal to tell an emotional story with Devil May Cry 5 and says that he hopes players will get emotional and cry. To that end, Itsuno won't say what's become of Kyrie, Nero's love interest from the previous title. Nero is hard screaming her name in the trailer, but she's never seen, which the developers say likely indicates something serious must have happened.

Nico, the southern mechanic who is building Nero's Devil Bringers, was designed to be a character everyone would come to love. She designs Nero's arms with the intent of maximum power and tends to leave stability and durability as secondary concerns, which is why they keep breaking.

Devil May Cry 5 is scheduled to release by March 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Source: Dengeki via ResetEra

Last edited:
Back