Coming for 360?

Final fantasy on 360...

• Total voters
Fine and dandy; but I'm getting the PS3 version. I do this all the time with the multi-platform games.

Well, considering I own neither a PS3 OR 360, I guess I'm neutral. I was a bit miffed when I heard from an ex-Gamestop employee that it was going to be 360 exclusive (which ended up being false, anyway) since if it were PS3, I could at least play it at my brother-in-law's house.

Now, though, I know I'd rather get a 360 since there are other games on it that interest me, and not so many on the PS3.

yay!

I'm actually glad this is being released for 360.
TBH I don't want to pay £300 for a ps3 just for that game (and MGS4).

I am thrilled. I probably would never get a chance to play it if it wasn't on the Xbox 360.

I disagree with this idea, SquareEnix, just became a sellout to the people who are it's true fans and like it on Sony. Also, most 360 gamers like action not rpgs, the first gaming conversation w/ a 360 gamer is not FF. It is Call of Duty 4 or Halo probably.

I disagree with this idea, SquareEnix, just became a sellout to the people who are it's true fans and like it on Sony. Also, most 360 gamers like action not rpgs, the first gaming conversation w/ a 360 gamer is not FF. It is Call of Duty 4 or Halo probably.
Really? I'm a 360 gamer, and I'd rather talk about RPGs than overrated FPSs anyday. It seems PS3 is a more FPS/Action-intensive console. Of course, that could be my fault for looking at the most likely faulty current and future games list for that console... There's just more RPGs worth talking about for 360. Obviously Squeenix wants to cash in.

Isn't FFXIII being developed with PC technology? It would be logical to release it on 360 - also a healthy decision. I hate exclusive titles. It tends to breed fanboy elitism (never healthy). At the end of the day I'd rather see FF titles available on as many systems as possible. Whatever gets more people hooked on Squaresoft games is OK by me, it keeps the market strong and further ensures better quality future releases.

I'm so pumped about this! I was going to sell my xbox to buy a ps3 but now that this is coming out i can play it and still rock with my friends online.

For the fanboys who are just saying "it should stay true to the system blah blah blah..."

Just face it. The 360 is selling much better then the PS3 and games for the 360 are also selling better. So Square Enix was very smart in offering Final Fantasy for 360 and PS3. Why wasn't anyone mad when Final Fantasy was on GBA and also PSP. Didn't Final Fantasy start out on NES? I don't see any problem with smart business tactics.

As for me. I own neither the PS3 or 360. So I guess I'm not excited at all.

It's bad for Sony and good for us fans. Sony don't have anywhere near the market shares they did in the last generation, and let's face it, the Final Fantasy franchise is not the huge draw that it used to be here in the west back in the days of Final Fantasy VII and VIII. If FF XIII it only came out on the PS3, Square Enix wouldn't sell half as many units as they usually do.

Anyway, the more the merrier. I never could understand those console owners who take pleasure in the fact that the owners of the rivalling console will NOT be able to play a certain game.

I personally don't like it. I think that the 360 isn't all that bad, but Final Fantasy's just always been a playstation exclusive I'm really disapointed that they would put it on the xbox, they really changed a few things and personally I love Final Fantasy but I'm not going to play it on a xbox 360, normally if a game is multi platform the game is different if its for a different system I don't wanna see how it would be different

That's not true at all though. The series was originally on Nintendo systems exclusively. They did benchmark tests for the PS1 and decided it was the way the company should go. Square-Enix should develop for whoever is best for them. Not stick by tradition.

I think it is good that there making it on the Xbox 360 also. Its good because there will probably be alot of hard acheivements which I will like doing. Also the graphics for ps3 and 360 are kinda similiar. I am getting the 360 version but is the ps3 version coming here?

Seriously what's the fricking problem with all of you Sony guys that FF is going to be released on 360 as well?

What difference does it make to you as gamers?!

No me - NONE

Ugh. Hate the Xbox360.

However because of this, feel like researching how many JRPG games are on the Xbox 360 and buy one if there is enough, though won't enjoy it and will have this sick and horrible feeling when playing Final Fantasy 13 everyday

Would be celebrating if SE did actually let everybody have a fair go, and actually did bring FF13 FFV13 and Star Ocean IV on both Xbox and the Playstation, but sadly they are not..

The Playstation is having a slow and painful death, only because Microsoft took Sony based games and made them Xbox only. If Microsoft didn't cheat like the sneaky weasels like they are, Playstaion would still be going pretty strong next to Nintendo's wii and the Xbox would still be going weakly and would be only over-fussed about by blinded Halo fanboys..

Nintendo and Playstation forever, may they long live ...

I don't understand why people are reacting so badly to this.
Sony and Microsoft are both Companys that need to make money to keep going and bring
out bigger and better things.

Microsoft are been very smart in taking the once sony exclusives and making them Microsoft exclusives or multi platform.

I think it's great 360 is gettin Star Ocean and FF13 as, It's not as if PS3 will go without them.

Why should people spend more money on a console when all they want is 1-3 games?

Theres even some of the older FFs coming out onto the 360 Market Place from what I've been reading which is also a great move from Microsoft.

Why should the people who picked 360 over ps3 go without?

End of the day everyones gonna have a chance to play the new games.

Yes everyone knows that PS3 is suffering a long death but it could make a come back.
I personaly prefer Xbox 360 over PS3.

So everyone should stop moaning and just enjoy FF13 on there chosen console.

Gaah!

I knew they would put it on the XBOX 360 seeing as they released Final Fantasy XI on it.

Final Fantasy XIII should of been exclusive for the PS3..

But I guess Square Enix had to release it on the XBOX 360 probably because they will make more money?

Now I can't rub it in now to my friends who own a 360 who like the Final Fantasy series. (GOD DAMMIT!)

-__-

I voted "Nay"
As Final Fantasy has ALWAYS been a PlayStation Exclusive game so no need to spoil it or reduce it's value by making it for all consoles ... since it's for PS3 ONLY it will have it's pristeige ...

Back