An experimental RP...

Serge68

Blue Mage
Gil
In an effort to get my self back into regularly posting and RPing after a long period of unexplaind absense (in addition to honing my writing skills), i've decided to try out an expirement in forum roleplaying.

'Cause that's just how I roll.

-For that matter, i'd also like to guage general interest in the idea as a result.
-Ms paint adventures is an awesom webcomic, hence why this thread is here in the URPG thread instead of the ORPG thread. I'm officially crediting the way the experimental RPG will be conducted to the site.
-You can find the official web comic here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com

-The RPG will be open to anyone and everyone, of course. On that note however, there will be no need for any participants to write a character bio. Yes, you did read that correctly. You may however, write bios for characters that you wish to be involved or included in the story.

-The format goes as such: participants will post suggestions/etc in the discussion thread, where I will then choose a suggestion to write/post upon in the interest of further advancing the storyline. This will mean that the participants posted suggestions/etc will determine not only the plot, but his bio, personality, abilities, enemies, physical appearance, and etc. I will of course add in a twist or too myself, being the author, but the story and character will depend upon and be determined by you the participant.

-This isn't to imply that the RP has to be completely serious though. I expect it, like the web comic, to be silly and ridiculous and weird and confusing (at times). That however, will depend on how much of a sense of humor you guys have, and where you participants want the RP to go.

-And finally, you, the interested participants will get to determine the scenario of the RP as well.

Now and without further ado, allow me to provide an (somewhat silly) example of how it will work:

author: Your chiseled jaw, rock-hard abs, and various masculine features are the envy of lesser men world-wide. Then you realize that you are actually the only ten-year old on an island full of older women. You're also pretty sure that you just heard your mother call you fat under her breath...

participant 1: Begin training montage. Don't stop until you look like Conan the Barbarian!

participant 2: Cry like a little girl

participant 3: Ignore mother. Initiate slow-motion running down the beach montage, and zoom in on bulging leg muscles

author: You're already on the beach dum-dum! You don't know why you'd go running or do any form of exercise at the moment. You're solving the mystery of why your friends are missing... and more importantly, why your clothes are as well! There's a magnifying glass in your hands that you've never seen before in your life.

participant 2: Play mean guitar solo!

participant 4: look for clothing, friends can wait.

participant 1: hide your naughty bits behind the magnifying glass

author: That's dumb. You dum-dum. You're standing on a beach towel. Your mother left it here, as you are prone to bouts of nude sleep-walking. Mom's the best! You are now this guy...

Get the idea?

Who's interested?

Back