Amulets and Luck Charms

charmy

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Hi everyone!

So, I got into an interesting chat with someone after they asked about a bracelet I usually wear. Every day I’ll use some variety of what is called an “evil eye” bracelet, and I’ve been using them ever since a relative gave me one a while back. The main idea behind it is that it is supposed to ward off people’s negative thoughts or intentions towards you (i.e., the “evil eye”). I found out that different cultures have different types of jewellery or other things which aim to do the same (like gem stones or red string). So I was curious, do any of you use some form of jewellery/pendant/key chain to ward off bad vibes? Do you carry around some form of good luck charm? Or do you just prefer not to think about it?

I don't wear jewellery or anything (aside from a university signet ring from my graduation- because I'm weird like that), but I do own a couple of Greek glass 'evil eyes' on string.

I bought them in Greece because they are sort of everywhere there and they are cheaper than Gorgon heads.

I have yet to hang them up anywhere for apotropaic purposes, so they're just lying about in my room somewhere at the moment until I get my act together.

Back