Should we have an AI Talker Bot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkblade

Veteran
Gil
I'm not sure if this will be any good for the forums and so I'd like to know what are your opinions, whether to go for it or not. Basically, the mod (or modification) adds a userlike bot to the forums. We can set which forum he will post in and how often he will reply to people's posts. He will try and build his replies off the text that they posted. This bot will learn overtime slowly from your users posts. I think this would be great to have in here especially when you're really bored to death. :D So lemme know y'all!

Not a bad idea...so can we name it?
You know..how about if we give the "AI Talker Bot" a nickname just for fun?

Here is a list of possible names for it:

Dark Neo Bahamut
J.E.N.O.V.A.
Sorcerres Adel
The Darkness
Dark Griever
Possesed Dark Bahamut
Yu-Yevon
Vegnagun
Omega Weapon
Ultimate Weapon
Sin
The Farplane's Spirits
The Heartless
The Army of The Lord of Darkness
The Guardian

and I will think of more names for it soon...

I'm not sure if this will be any good for the forums and so I'd like to know what are your opinions, whether to go for it or not. Basically, the mod (or modification) adds a userlike bot to the forums. We can set which forum he will post in and how often he will reply to people's posts. He will try and build his replies off the text that they posted. This bot will learn overtime slowly from your users posts. I think this would be great to have in here especially when you're really bored to death. :D So lemme know y'all!

It sounds like a good idea, at first. However, wont this result in a large amount of spam at some point or another? If he/she can't properly make sense of the previous posts, he might end up coming out with a bunch of crap. I don't know how the idea of this thing works, but despite that, I feel inclined to vote against it.

It sounds like a good idea, at first. However, wont this result in a large amount of spam at some point or another? If he/she can't properly make sense of the previous posts, he might end up coming out with a bunch of crap. I don't know how the idea of this thing works, but despite that, I feel inclined to vote against it.
On second though...maybe it isn't such a good idea...

Well yeah I guess you're right. All the posts that he/she will make are considered as spam but this won't be a problem because we can have a new, seperate forum for this and turn the post count off. Then it won't be considered as spam, ya?

not a very good idea, forums are for chatting, not to talk with imaginary bots. This could lead to lots of spam! since wehn were bots smart enough to take over human posts?

derencetan, I just said it in my first post. :huh:

Gee, how hard is it to read up the first post in a thread?

Well yeah I guess you're right. All the posts that he/she will make are considered as spam but this won't be a problem because we can have a new, seperate forum for this and turn the post count off. Then it won't be considered as spam, ya?

But if you confine it to a secluded area, doesn't that defeat the purpose of creating it? It's like ... adopting a cat to keep it shoved in a cage in your room.

I think you have a point here so I guess this idea will be terminated as it's pointless to have on the forums. :)

This thread is now closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back