SPOILERS A hero archetype that hasn't been tried yet?

Mister Goober

Gil
FFXIV
Chad Thundermember
Hey...

So I've been thinking, in FF14 our character's title is the "Warrior of Light", and in all his or her adventures, he really does play the noble-adventurer-who-saves-the-needy type of character. You can't say the same with FF8's Squall who kinda gives off a future dictator vibe (Yes he does. Trust me). Then Tidus is like that high school classmate you had that everybody liked even though he has a bad attitude simply because he's the athlete who gets the girl. Then you got FF7's Cloud who seems like that co-worker who doesn't necessarily like his job but is glad to have a job and somehow manages to hit employee of the month without really trying hard.

I want the kind of archetype in some future FF game where the dude is like this Baki, Goku, or Ryu (from Street Fighter) type who lives to pursue strength and nothing else. His dedication is monk-like, his demeanor humble and kind, his fighting style unarmed using his fists and kicks, and his only real guilty pleasure is gorging on food. I don't think we've ever had that...

What do you think? Is there something you would want to see that haven't been tried yet?

In FF8,
there are the protectors of Edea who were tasked to defend Ellone with their lives. I'm thinking a character that's something like that. A sense of absolute devotion to his life's calling...

Maybe anti hero or villain. Someone who wants to destroy the world. Non human hero also hasn't appeared yet. All heroes shown so far are humans. An adult in his 30/40 with beard/moustache who is war veteran would be nice addition.

A genius type with IQ like Shikamaru who is also a master of strategy main character is also interesting. Suitable class for him would be mediator (from FFT) the class which allows him to persuade enemies to join his side. That how the main character would gain party members. Zhuge Liang from Dynasty Warriors fits this criteria.

Last edited:
Maybe anti hero or villain. Someone who wants to destroy the world. Non human hero also hasn't appeared yet. All heroes shown so far are humans. An adult in his 30/40 with beard/moustache who is war veteran would be nice addition.

I wonder how 2B and Kratos's kids would be like...

Back