15 should have had more little noctis

Pea soup

Gil
Played thought the platinum Demo again for ff15 really love that demo there should have been more little kid noctis in the game and playable sections with little kid noctis there weren’t any feel like the game was missing that the platinum demo and the brotherhood anime should have been part of the game still really sad they did not find a way to fit that Cut scene from one of the old versus 13 trailers of kid noctis and his dad eating pea soup that scene looked amazing should have been in the final game

I like your username!

xCxzIdD.gif

I would have loved to have seen more. The trailers including scenes such as Regis playfully teasing Noctis with pea soup on his tongue, and the tearful, emotional moment by the car all suggested that we'd experience an emotive father-son relationship fairly prominently in the story. I thought we would see more flashbacks than we did in order to tell this story. Allowing the player to play some flashbacks in segments like the Platinum demo would have been even better.

It is a sad shame that much of this content was cut (or didn't go beyond the idea stage).

Their relationship was mostly mentioned, not seen. With but a handful of scenes at key moments we could easily have seen it.

Eating a meal cooked by Ignis at a campsite could have caused Noctis to reflect on that fond memory of his dad with the soup. Various other scenes could have reminded him of aspects of his dad and helped him cope, confront, or come to terms with his absence. It would have made FFXV's ending (which remains one of my favourite parts of the game anyway) that much more powerful.

Noctis and Regis are predominantly tied to their roles in the lineage of the Chosen King. Their duty to the world takes precedence above all else. More scenes of their family life when Noctis was little could have reminded the player (and Noctis himself) that they are as human as anybody else, but they've been born into these roles and have no choice.

Last edited:
Apparently all of that content was put in Brotherhood anime because of time constraints. but in my opinion, they should've said those scenes for DLC.

Noctis childhood was poorly explained throughout, especially when you consider how the trailers presented it:
Remember this overblown trailer? Where was this moment of tension and loss between the two? And it wasn't just within the trailers too the Special Edition Steelbook of the game has it on the cover!:
1576154074958.png

The relationship between Noctis & his father was one I was compelled to see and sadly was never present. I think showing scenes with Kid Noctis would have enhanced the character tremendously. Thinking about it though, the whole introduction of the game just fails in setting the chance for any intrigue because Noctis leaves home in a very passive way - There's no sense of Peril, of being separated from his father he just goes on a journey, which even the intention of that journey still confuses me considering how the game abandons the temple visits to gain power from his ancestors.

Many blame KingsGlaive for this and while I get that, I don't want to throw that into the Lions Den, because it was actually a decent movie which set up a fair few interesting character arcs which should have been explored better in the game (Ravus and Luna most of all). I think sadly that King Regis fate in the movie does conflict with the poor opening of the game - Had Noctis been sent away as a child as all the above imagery suggests, I think having Noctis return home then finding out about his father would have been more intense - I know news travels fast in this world but even if he returned to meet him just as the attack was starting that would make a great starting point for the game.

Last edited:
Many blame KingsGlaive for this and while I get that, I don't want to throw that into the Lions Den, because it was actually a decent movie which set up a fair few interesting character arcs which should have been explored better in the game (Ravus and Luna most of all). I think sadly that King Regis fate in the movie does conflict with the poor opening of the game - Had Noctis been sent away as a child as all the above imagery suggests, I think having Noctis return home then finding out about his father would have been more intense - I know news travels fast in this world but even if he returned to meet him just as the attack was starting that would make a great starting point for the game.
Why not? Kingsglaive was decent, but was it because it was a movie or because it was intended to be part of the game?

If you really think about it, after certain epic events, the movie becomes a bit of a fetch quest. All the important scenes, Noctis was suppose to experience first hand. And to experience a city being destroyed entirely, would've been great.

The problem is that this game tries to emulate the real world. A world where smartphones exist. We should've seen it on the TV screen as it was happening, having Noctis rush to save his kingdom, only to arrive too late. Instead what we got was that he found out in a newspaper as if it was a minor event. They treat the Kingdom like if it was just any old town. there's no urgency or change in the world when they took over.

But i'm one of those people who think they should've never made kingsglaive and make the invasion part of the game.

Noctis childhood was poorly explained throughout, especially when you consider how the trailers presented it:
Remember this overblown trailer? Where was this moment of tension and loss between the two? And it wasn't just within the trailers too the Special Edition Steelbook of the game has it on the cover!:

Yes! This tender scene in its entirety really should have been in the game, in my opinion. This scene would have been an incredibly powerful moment.

Many agree that the game had some excellent scenes, but the editing of some of the scenes didn’t let you truly feel the experiences. They were chopped up far too much. We sometimes saw snippets of moments rather than complete scenes with the full intended emotional impact.

The Omen trailer is another example. In the trailer it was fantastic, well-choreographed and intriguing. It had everybody guessing what might be foretold about the plot of the game. In the game itself? Some of the scenes from this trailer are present as a nightmare experienced by Noctis, but they flash by far too quickly and they are over-edited, losing their impact.

A little bit of patience by including the full Omen trailer in the game (or even extending it) could have improved that nightmare scene. Sure, many will have seen it already as a trailer, but history will remember the game rather than the trailer. It is the way scenes are presented in the final game which gets remembered.

once Final Fantasy XV was handled by Hajime Tabata, there was not a single genuine trailer that actually looked like it could be in game. i to this day have no idea why anyone believed in that man. When it came to story, he had zero answers. And most of the new trailers weren't adding new story elements. Most of the new trailers were glorified music videos.

Back