[03/08] Deus Ex: Human Revolution video outs classified information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Square has released a new video for Deus Ex: Human Revolution which not only shows off the gameplay system a bit more, but the game’s multi-path elements as well. It’s about five minutes long, so go grab a soda beforehand. Game’s out in August for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Source: VG247

I wish they would release more videos of stuff later on into the game without revealing anything :\ I loved the original Deus Ex. It's my favorite game for the PC. I also played the beta that was given out to game sites for previewing. After the first mission, it was really fun and just like Deus Ex should be. Can't wait to get this in about 20 days; I have it on preorder :yay:

:cali:

The words.... they fail to find me in this moment of awesome :cali:

Seriously... this game looks immense.

GAWD :rage:

WHY DIDN'T I GET THIS FOR MY BIRTHDAY INSTEAD :okay:

The gameplay looks so awesome. :jess: I am SO loving how vast it is with all the options and stuff. Makes it better for replay value. I'm still worried about how smooth the transition between first and 3rd person shooting will be but I have hope. :jess:

You only go into 3rd person mode when you go into cover. If you want to play this at least try the original :P It's better but it's old and kind of hard your first time through.

I've really been looking forward to this game for a long time, but tbh, the more I see of it's combat the more I'm disappointed. I don't think I'll pick this up on release day and wait for some gameplay videos to pop up first.

Are you a fan of the original? There are gameplay videos all over of the leaked beta from May on Youtube :P The gameplay is a lot like the original but with better graphics and a few tweaks here and there. You die faster, too. And the regenerating health isn't like something in CoD; it's actually really slow and you'd have to sit in one place for about a minute to get full health again (at least until you upgrade it). I actually didn't like it the first time I played it, but then I started it over and started finding more things that I want to see in a Deus Ex game and I had a lot of fun with it. Running around the Detroit hub and finding things and wreaking havoc is fun, too.

I'd rather wait until the final version comes out of the oven. I do not trust betas to be the example of the real game, as most betas are pretty bad in comparison to the final piece (take Resistance 2 for example :lew:). The guns just seem very weak and unappealing, like the ones on say...Vanquish. There is just no kick behind them it seems, and the motions of the FPS view seem very unrealistic or capturing to the imagination.

The beta had plenty of problems so you're right not to want to play it :P On top of that, it was a shoddy port from the Xbox version which was annoying. And the guns really aren't weak, you can go through the game pistol sniping xD I just put the red laser pointer on my pistol and I can usually one hit people if I do it right. I haven't used the combat rifle, but the silenced sniper rifle has some kick to it. Not to mention it and the tranquilizer rifle are both bobbing around (like in the original :gasp:) so it takes some skill to pull off some shots until you can upgrade your accuracy. And on top of that, it's really not the kind of game you just rush in and shoot at people :P I had a combat shotgun just in case they got close to me and I had to get them out of my way fast. I'm getting it on the PC and it's already gotten 2 extremely good reviews that were supposed to be released today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back